IceNetwork Subscription Time :)

Discussion in 'TV ALERTS' started by rfisher, Aug 8, 2014.

1. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

It's IN annual renewal time. Every season some people don't get the email then have trouble with their subscriptions. The automatic renewal is slated for Aug 16. Make certain your credit card info is up to date and you can avoid issues. $49 for US Nats, all the GP events, Europeans, 4CC, Worlds, the SLC classic, synchro comps and all the US regional and sectional comps. :cheer2: Cue the annual whining about NBC blocking some of US Nats (they will), but personally, I don't care. I'm quite happy with getting to see everything else. Bring on the skating.

I do suggest you check your online profile and make any corrections so your subscription renewal is simple. Also, check to see if your computer has all the appropriate requirements to stream the content. It will save all of us many posts during comps because you can't log on. :p Or not and we'll be entertained by your attempts. :EVILLE:

2. kittyjake5

kittyjake5 Well-Known Member

I received my renewal e-mail from IN today.

3. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

considering it's the only game in town, it's quite a bargain

4. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

Got mine as well. $49 a year for all those comps is definitely a bargain ... and every single skater, not just the 4-5 NBC will show, and you can actually see Pairs and Dance! People spend more than that for cigs and Starbucks in a week, so I got no problem with the price.

5. UMBS Go Blue

UMBS Go Blue KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!

is there a shuttle?

joeperryfan, oleada, IceAlisa and 6 others like this.
  6. JOHIO2

JOHIO2 Well-Known Member

No. But there will be a shuttle from the rapid station to the ice rink. (not really kidding. I'm talking about the Gay Games in Cleveland this week. Looking forward to a figure skating fix. Have no idea how many skaters will be there or if I actually will recognize any. But the competition is here, so I'm going.)
    http://www.gg9cle.com/participate/sports/figure-skating/

UMBS Go Blue likes this.
  7. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

You have to buy the speed skating option to get a shuttle.

8. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

no but you can bring your scooter to the arena

9. AndyWarhol

AndyWarhol Well-Known Member

Funnily enough, pretty much every event is blocked for me except US Nats :lol:

10. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

I hope there is a USFS discount again. I paid $25 last year.

(They don't auto renew without telling you, right? I don't want to renew for $50!)

11. TanithandBenFan

TanithandBenFan U.S. Ice Dance Junkie

The email I received said they will auto-renew on or about August 18 unless you call them. I plan on calling because I'm waiting for the discount, too.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2014
  12. Skittl1321

I didn't get an email :(
    I emailed their customer service, but I guess if I don't hear back soon I will call.

13. Sarah

Sarah Active Member

I emailed them about the discount too. I also needed to add a new credit card and got an error each time I tried to add the card. We'll see how this works out.

14. Debbie S

Debbie S Well-Known Member

I e-mailed about the discount and got an e-mail back asking me to call. Uh, you can't answer yes or no in an e-mail? So I called and after sitting on hold (great use of my time) was told no. Well, the exact words were "not at the moment." And that couldn't have been communicated to me in an e-mail? Between their technical glitches last year (which better be resolved by now), their redesigned website that makes it impossible to find the video you're looking for, and their decidedly customer-unfriendly attitude, I really don't want to renew. But since it's the only way to view the GP events live, I guess I'm a captive audience.

15. Skittl1321

I just don't like that they apparently auto-renew without telling you. When I signed up, it didn't say it was for auto-renew, and I never got an email saying it would be renewed.

They had me email my name, email address, and subscription type- so hopefully that cancels it.

16. Visaliakid

Visaliakid Well-Known Member

To Clarify: The Ice Network Subscription Discount is available to all members of U.S. Figure Skating.

17. Debbie S

See my post above. I called and was told there was no discount for USFS members this year. Have you heard differently, directly from them, in the past 48 hours?

18. TanithandBenFan

"Not at the moment" may have meant they just don't have the discount information yet. USFSA is always slow getting out the information every year. You'd think it would make sense to email us the discount before the automatic renewals go into effect. Last year I had to apply for a refund from IceNetwork, which was an ordeal that took way more time than necessary.

19. misskarne

misskarne #408

Yep...no whining about blocking part of US Nats...just annoyed at the blocking of stuff that the rights will never in a million years be bought for here, like the Salt Lake City Senior B, for crying out loud.

They claim to have my card on file, but I can't find it on IN. It needs updating; my old card expired in March.

20. Skittl1321

I got my reply back that my subscription won't be auto-renewed, so I'm waiting for the USFSA discount.

21. Debbie S

I thought last year that we got an e-mail about the discount a day or two after the first e-mail about auto-renew. Maybe I'm not remembering right. I hope they offer a discount after all, but it wouldn't shock me if they didn't - standard business tactic...hook people at a lower price, then raise it. We'll see. Maybe I'll remove myself from auto-renew and wait. I don't need to subscribe until the SLC Senior B, so I've got a few weeks.

22. Simone411

Simone411 Just Flip-Flopping Around

I did call them and told them not to renew. If I don't get the discount, I'll just go ahead and purchase the subscription in time for the GP events.

23. Visaliakid

Visaliakid Well-Known Member

Ice Network seems to have no continuity in getting the right information on discounted subscriptions from season to season. As a USFS Member I have been receiving the subscription discount for several seasons now. But IN apparently does not have a system set up to list all those USFS members who auto-renewal or not qualify for the discount. I got the standard subscription message for $49.99 and had to utilize a resource to obtain a discount code to enter on my IN Account Profile to get recognized as a discount qualifier. Let's see if I have my bank account debited for the reduced price come the next few days. :(

24. Skittl1321

So does that mean there is a discount code out there?

25. TanithandBenFan

I think the regular members may have gotten a timely email but FOFS members didn't. I just remember trying to get a live person on the phone at IN took weeks.

26. Skittl1321

I'm a skating member, not a FOFS. I remember having to cancel my auto renew last year and wait for the coupon. It's a silly system.

27. Debbie S

What resource is that? And where do you enter a code? I just logged in to see my profile and there is no field for any code or other discount or USFS-related info.

28. Skittl1321

USFSA sent out the discount code today. It also has a thing to have it applied to your auto renew.

29. Debbie S

Yeah, i just got it. I already e-mailed them to take me off auto-renew, so I guess i'll do the register/purchase option.

30. Skittl1321

Last year there wasn't an option to add it to auto-renew, so I did the same thing.