Icenetwork on Kindle Fire

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by spursfan4, Jan 24, 2012.

1. spursfan4

spursfan4 New Member

Hello
    I am trying to watch the live video from Icenetwork on my Kindle Fire,but so far it is not working. Does anyone know of an app that I may need to download in order for me to view the video?
    Thanks

2. Sylvia

Sylvia On to JGPF & GPF!

3. DORISPULASKI

DORISPULASKI Watching submarine races

It was working a couple of days ago for me, but today, the player isn't working on my Kindlefire (I can log on and go to the event list, but not even the ad comes up, let alone the event)

IN is working on my computer.

It's not clear to me whether recent changes by Kindlefire (there was an update within the last week) or IN (and they made changes connected with the java scripting of their ads this last week) is the problem. I do see with IN that I am getting java script error notices in the lower left corner (Done but with Error on the page), but the video is still playing. (I wasn't getting those errors from IN last week)

My computer is still on XP, but I downloaded the latest version of java just a week ago. All my updates are up to date, precisely because when I turned my laptop on, I couldn't get IN a week ago, and the problem was that my java was not up to date.

The thing to do first is contact icenetwork, I think, since it's small potatoes for amazon, although I will be contacting amazon as well. And the javascript errors that are ignored more or less by XP may be giving my Fire and its Droid based operating system fits.

4. DORISPULASKI

Apparently the settings on the Fire needed to be changed.

I am now up and working again on the fire:

Go to the Settings.

Pick
    Flash Enable (check)
    Javascript Enable (check)
    and Adapt setting individually for website

AYS and (deleted member) like this.
  5. AYS

AYS Cruder than you thought

Whee, thanks so much! :cheer:

6. spursfan4

spursfan4 New Member

Thanks so much Dorispulaski! It worked!
    Can't wait to watch!!!!!

7. MarciajsR

MarciajsR Member

I have a new kindle fire hd 7" and can not get icenetwork to play. I side loaded Dolphin and adobe flash but it doesn't work. Please help.

8. DORISPULASKI

Check your Settings to be sure both java and flashplayer are turned on? That's what worked on the regular Kindlefire. The default setting for both was "off"

9. MarciajsR

MarciajsR Member

Doris
    I read you post from before but the new HDFire has no setting for flash. I have it on in application setting

10. DORISPULASKI

If it can play youtube, it has flashplayer at some level

11. CoyoteChris

CoyoteChris New Member

Hmmmm....Doris, which Kindle Fire do you have? I am considering the new Kindle Fire HD (without most of the ads for $15 extra) cause it has a micro/mini HDMI output I can put into my big screen tv, but if no one can figure out how to get the correct flashplayer to work, then I might as well get the Samsung even though it doesnt have the HDMI output. BTW, I am told Apple products wont run adobe flash but will run some sort of flash player. All this technology war stuff needs to come to an end and standarization needs to rule.
    Chris who doesnt use a betamax anymore

12. DORISPULASKI

I have the one from last year, which is not the HD.

13. CoyoteChris

CoyoteChris New Member

OK, if anyone successfully configures an HD for Icenetwork, please let me know. I wonder if the current non-HDs have been "Upgraded"

Ramblings from the web...
    Y. Chen - The version of Flash on the 1st Gen Fire is 10.3.186.52. Adobe is no longer supporting Flash on any Android devices, so there won't be an update.

Very irritating...had to replace my kindle as it would no
    Longer take a charge....now I am told be Amazon that Adobe does not support flash on my Kindle fire any longer...Kindle and Amazon fighting...I have no access to my banking...on line studies etc....WOW ...this needs to be fixed???!!!! I was told with enough input from disgruntled customers they may find a common ground....well this is my input!!!!!!