Ice Dreams Show With Johnny Weir, Rachael Flatt and More, hosted by Dorothy Hamill

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by MountainTime, Mar 6, 2010.

1. MountainTime

MountainTime Member

Cuties California Mandarin Oranges presents Ice Dreams April 1, 2010 7 PM at the Edge Ice Arena Bensenville, IL. See Olympians Johnny Weir,(3 Time National Mens Champion), Jeremy Abbott, (2 Time Mens National Champion), Rachael Flatt, (Reigning Ladies National Champion), Melissa Gregory and Denis Petukhov, (4 Time Ice Dance National Silver Medalists) and More to be Announced
    100 Local "Future Stars"

General Admission $25.00 or $400.00 for a Ten Seat Private Box
    Tickets https://www.ovationtickets.com/trs/pr/718905

Talent Search March 21, 2010 Noon-2 PM Oak Lawn Ice Rink at the ISI Championships for a Chance to Skate Along Side the Olympians.

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  2. pairsskater

pairsskater New Member

That link doesn't work for me. Anyway, won't this conflict with the Kings on Ice? How could he do both if the shows in Russia are 30/31March?

3. azskatefan

azskatefan New Member

http://www.icedreams2010.com

I also don't see how Jeremy is doing this show with SOI having opening night at the same time but whatever.

alilou and (deleted member) like this.
  4. virtud1984

virtud1984 New Member

^bump! :)

5. OlieRow

OlieRow Well-Known Member

Is Abbott doing the entire SOI tour or just making guest appearances? That could explain it.

6. virtud1984

virtud1984 New Member

FYI- Dorothy Hamill has been confirmed as the host of the Ice Dreams 2010 Show presented by CutiesĀ®. You can buy tickets at www.icedreams2010.com ! =)

Looks like a great show!!!!

7. nubka

nubka Well-Known Member

Awwwww, I wish I could go... :(

8. Brandi_DeLain

Brandi_DeLain New Member

Since this show is produced by Fireworks Sports Marketing (Tara Modlin's marketing firm) I'm assuming Johnny and Jeremy have to perform since Tara is their agent.

9. manleywoman

manleywoman podcast mistress

Ugh. What a lame website. They don't list the TIME of the show! Besides other issues, shouldn't they at least get that info on there?

I'll go, but I'll probably buy tickets at the door. That arena is large and I doubt will fill up.

10. centerpt1

centerpt1 Active Member

Per Jeremy's face book he is out of Cuties Ice Dreams and will be at the SOI opening in Florida. They also say he will be doing 40 shows with SOI. Of course, they don't say what he will be doing. Or how much.

11. virtud1984

virtud1984 New Member

The show starts at 7PM for inquiring minds....

12. MountainTime

MountainTime Member

Just added to the cast, two time U.S. Pairs Champions Keauna McLaughlin and Rockne Brubaker.:biggrinbo

13. Pretty Vegas

Pretty Vegas Well-Known Member

I'm so glad Keauna and Rockne were added! I live too far away to go - but I am glad that they are still skating together. :)

14. azskatefan

azskatefan New Member

Looks like Jeremy is no longer performing... but it looks like there will be a VIP party with the skaters!

15. jlai

jlai Title-less

I kept misreading the thread title as the ice cream show... :lol:

16. azskatefan

azskatefan New Member

17. MountainTime

MountainTime Member

Johnny Weir announced today he will be debuting his new exhibition number, "Bad Romance" at Ice Dreams on the 1st. He is also on the George Lopez show tonight.

18. Charlini

Charlini Active Member

TV guide lists Johnny as a guest on the George Lopez show tomorrow, Thursday night...:confused:

19. Willowway

Willowway Well-Known Member

A Bad Romance practice video is on Auntie Joyce.

20. mmscfdcsu

mmscfdcsu Skating Pairs with Drew

Such a shame that he is skating to this crud. I would have gone if he was going to skate to something good. I have no desire to watch him pose and slink around the ice. I want to see skating.

21. Willowway

Willowway Well-Known Member

Auntie Joyce wasn't sounding too positive either.

22. igniculus

igniculus Well-Known Member

Well, Aunt Joyce is a freak, too.

23. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

Johnny really needs to get over his obsession with Lady Gaga.

24. Aenor

Aenor New Member

Agreed. I wish Johnny would skate to decent music more often. Things like the Swan and Rondo... even Otonal. He doesn't always make the best choices- I have to say I LOATHE that version of Ave Maria he picked. Those long notes, ow! Still, if I could see this show I would :eek: I'd love to actually see him one day!

25. libby

libby New Member

I never liked that "Poker Face" song, but I do like "Bad Romance". I think it's much catchier. But whatever he skates to, someone will hate it; he gets a lot of criticism for his classical music choices and his pop ones alike. Personally, I'd like to see him skate to some Broadway show tunes because that's the music I like best, but the chances of that happening are kind of slim.

I haven't seen the new program, but I expect it will evolve a lot over time, like his exhibitions usually do, so it could end up completely different than it was the first time out.

26. mmscfdcsu

It doesn't even have to be opera or classical. Just interesting music would be nice. He really does not seem to have a clue about music. What a waste

27. Swishcicle

Swishcicle New Member

How about "No Regrets" by Edith Piaf? He mentioned this being his second show number in a recent interview.

28. mmscfdcsu

Um...no! That is most certainly not meant for skating. Baby boy needs to stay away from the message songs. Just find some interesting music. It isn't all that hard, Johnny.

29. Heldentenor

Heldentenor Well-Known Member

Who can skate to that? You get lost in her "r's" and totally disarmed.

30. mmscfdcsu