Ice-Dancers Lynn Kriengengkrairut and Lauren Corry

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by FSWer, Apr 12, 2011.

1. FSWer

FSWer Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if she's still with Logan? I Lauren Corry still with Alex btw.?

2. Sylvia

Sylvia Bring on the JGP & Sr B comps!

3. Sylvia

Alex Lorello skated with a new partner, Katherine Pilgrim, at 2011 US Nationals and they finished 15th in Senior Dance. I don't believe Alex Lorello or Lauren Corry publicly announced a reason for their split last year (many teams prefer to keep it private).

4. reese

reese Well-Known Member

Lauren Corry isn't skating anymore. She broke up with Alex last summer and is now in school in Delaware.

5. FSWer

FSWer Well-Known Member

Does he have a website with Katherine? Are there any photos of this new Team?

6. FSWer

FSWer Well-Known Member

Gee. Did she say why she's not skating?

7. reese

reese Well-Known Member

I just know she stopped skating altogether. I don't know her very well, but from what I've seen she seems very happy in her new ice dance-free life. :)

8. FSWer

FSWer Well-Known Member

Interesting. Does anyone know btw. if Lynn is also a Freestyler AS WELL as an Ice-Dancer? If she is. Are there any Freestyle photos of her?

9. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

If she is ice dancing at a senior competitive level (and competing internationally as well, if I remember correctly) I would be very surprised if she has time to do singles skating as well.

10. Sylvia

According to the "About Us" page on their official site: http://www.lynn-logan.ice-dance.com/aboutus/
    So that means Lynn used to do freestyle (she passed all the USFS freestyle tests but I don't know if she ever competed in freestyle). Her bio page also says she's a pre-medical student at the University of Michigan -- impressive!

Logan used to compete in singles -- I remember watching him compete at Midwestern Sectionals in Junior Men many years ago and thinking he had good footwork! He switched to dance full-time not long afterwards. :)

Sorry, I don't know of any freestyle photos online of either Lynn or Logan, but their official site has lots of their dance photos: http://lynn-logan.ice-dance.com/photos/

Last edited: Apr 13, 2011
  11. FSWer

FSWer Well-Known Member

If she passed her Freestyle Test. Wouldn't that mean she did compete in Freestyle as well?

12. Clarice

Clarice Active Member

Not necessarily, although she probably did when she was young. Most kids start out in singles, and take up pairs or dance later. Some skaters just like to pass tests, though, and don't ever compete or compete very seldom. There's no rule that says just because you pass a test you must enter a competition.

gkelly and (deleted member) like this.
  13. gkelly

gkelly Well-Known Member

Not necessarily. Just because you pass a test doesn't mean that you need to compete at that level. Sometimes skaters pass tests in disciplines they don't plan to compete in, or to compete in any more at the higher levels, just for the personal challenge and feeling of accomplishment, or to have a credential that they can show potential students if and when they become coaches.

Most (not all) skaters start out doing freestyle at the lower levels before deciding to concentrate on ice dance. Some skaters do compete in both for a while. But it's very rare to do both at the senior level.

14. Sylvia

I just checked some old USFS results on their site and Lynn Kriengkrairut did compete in Novice Ladies at her Regional Championships in October 2003. :) She then switched to ice dance and competed in dance only starting in the 2005-06 season with her first partner, Jon Lauten.

15. FSWer

FSWer Well-Known Member

So,some skaters pass Tests,just to say they passed a Test. Even if they don't ever plan to compete in that Discipline? BTW. are there any photos of Lynn doing her Novice Freestyle,or with her old Partner?

16. Sylvia

I don't think there are any photos online of Lynn as a singles skater.

However, a Google search on the names of Lynn Kriengkrairut and Jon Lauten produced 3 photos of them from the 2005 Lake Placid Ice Dance Championships thanks to ice-dance.com:
    Junior Free Dance
    Open Paso Doble
    Open Westminster Waltz
    Their partnership lasted one season (they just missed qualifying for 2006 US Nationals in Junior Dance) and Lynn started skating with Logan in the 2006-07 season.

17. FSWer

FSWer Well-Known Member

There's something about that link (the photo Gallery) on Ice-Dance.com that just keeps knocking me off line and not even connecting me to the page. I can't get in to see the photos.