Ice-Dancer Tessa Virtue

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by FSWer, Feb 14, 2013.

1. FSWer

FSWer Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if she is still with Scott?

2. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!

Yes. They just finished 2nd at the Four Continents Championships in Japan this past week and will compete at Worlds in Canada next month.

Here's the link to their official site: http://virtuemoir.com/

Habs and (deleted member) like this.
  3. iggie

iggie Well-Known Member

4. HSGP21

HSGP21 New Member

odd question...why do you ask?

5. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!

It's a genuine question by FSWer. He usually can only watch some of the competitions televised on NBC and doesn't have access to YouTube videos.

halffull and (deleted member) like this.
  6. robinhood

robinhood Active Member

^doesn't he have access to results and competition comments in this forum or other websites?

7. VarBar

VarBar Well-Known Member

It might be easier for some to start a thread on a message board to ask this question than google Tessa Virtue or check latest results in ice dance competitions.;)

8. iggie

iggie Well-Known Member

in all fairness to hsgp21, there is the v/m thread where we obsess over everything v/m. and it's always in the trash can, page one, and usually the top thread on that page.

9. skatemomaz

skatemomaz 4 More Years

In all fairness to FSWer, he is not an uber and is likely not interested in reading obsessive threads. ;)

10. iggie

iggie Well-Known Member

sigh

Last edited: Feb 14, 2013
  11. Judy

Judy New Member

Was that necessary?

12. quartz

quartz Far beyond these castle walls

FSW, you just keep asking whatever it is you would like to know. There are enough nice people on this board that are happy to answer you. Sylvia is the nicest one ever. Don't worry about the ones who think you should know everything that they know.

TheIronLady, Clarice, Sylvia and 7 others like this.
  13. skatemomaz

skatemomaz 4 More Years

this.

14. maggylyn

maggylyn Well-Known Member

Exactly. :)

If you can see iggie's blog you'll see lots of nice pictures.

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  15. arakwafan2006

arakwafan2006 Active Member

I was in-boxed yesterday about the "elephant in the room" in a very polite manner as i made a sarcastic reply similar to some posters who felt this question was perhaps odd. I as more than happy to change my reply as i was enlightened about why the answer that i felt was obvious was not obvious to everyone. I believe in the respect of everyone as well as patience and tolerance but those who are not privy to certain tidbits about certain posters shouldn't be made to feel bad either for their knee-jerk reaction to the question posed. There is a way to be discrete about everything but pretending that posters like HSGP21 or robinhood are over reacting is not really fair either...seriously. You dont know what you dont know...:respec:

16. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I

What is so sacred about coming into a thread that one has no interest in and complaining about the topic? It's possible to decide "I'm not interested" or "I don't want to answer" and to move on without comment.

17. VIETgrlTerifa

VIETgrlTerifa Well-Known Member

I agree.

18. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

I agree. If anyone has information that would be helpful for another poster to have, I hope people would send a private message to that poster. To criticize someone you think is being too critical doesn't really make sense, does it?

19. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Well-Known Member

I totally agree. Once in response to a comment I made on a thread, I had some people politely PM with information to help me understand the situation which I really appreciated. But then got totally lambasted by someone in the rudest fashion for my comment. They assumed that because I had been a forum member for a long time that I should have been aware of the situation. Lesson - never assume anything about anybody!

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  20. aftershocks

aftershocks Well-Known Member

ITA, wise advice, but I guess often difficult to heed. I opened the thread thinking that it might be something about how Tessa is feeling after the break in their FD at 4CC being attributed to problems with her legs. I was definitely surprised to see the OP's question, but I didn't feel overly judgmental about it one way or another. In fact, it made me think, did I miss something?

Oh well, patience and tolerance are virtues (which Tessa definitely seems to possess). :)

Last edited: Feb 15, 2013
  21. zotza

zotza allergic to brainless skaters

Very well said
    FSWer,don't stop asking if you want to know something.I'm sure a lot of people are willing to answer.You know how many times I've seen a thread about a skater I didn't know and didn't dare to ask?

22. Finnice

Finnice Well-Known Member

I totally agree with quartz.

23. Yazmeen

Yazmeen Well-Known Member

How about maybe taking a deep breath before having a knee jerk reaction to a simple question that is not put rudely?

24. Zemgirl

Zemgirl Well-Known Member

I think it's reasonable for people on a skating forum to wonder why someone would ask certain questions rather than Googling, or watching competitions - and we all know that FSU can be a snarky place. I was in the same situation as arakwafan, and I fully agree that you can't always tell if there are good reasons for someone to ask these sort of questions. There's no need to criticize the person who asked, but also no need to criticize the people who don't realize that certain types of replies may not be appropriate in a given situation. Plus, all this can be done behind the scenes.

I believe by now FSWer knows what Tessa is up to these days, so it's all good.

25. arakwafan2006

Did YOU take a deep breath before you posted this sarcasm laced passive aggressive message? If so, i'd say up your meds, stop taking the forum so seriously or join a kickboxing class to relieve some frustration. I gotta say Yazmeen, i dont read patient, kind of polite in your message. I almost read "knee jerk" :rolleyes:

Last edited: Feb 15, 2013
  26. arakwafan2006

Agreed!

I will say that I am glad that I didn't post anything to/about the OP that would have hurt or scarred. I still dont know why people think that a forum that even has a place labeled "trash can" would be free from snark LOL. I will however be more conscientious and still appreciated the discrete explanation i got. EVERYONE should be able to post here and enjoy the site. Tolerance is sorta important even to people you dont agree with. Controversy; well thats just something adults have to learn to deal with. It builds character and is actually quite entertaining.

27. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

Good to see FSWer posting again. They have been very quiet for quite some time. Welcome back!

28. Yazmeen

Yazmeen Well-Known Member

Nicely done, my dear, your little tantrum just illustrated the point I was trying to make. And my question wasn't sarcasm; I've seen people act rudely toward what they think is "obvious" before; why would it hurt to just NOT react and see what develops? For the record, I have nothing against you or your posts. I just think there's no harm in taking a moment to think why someone might be asking what seems to be an obvious question.

And yes, it is nice to see FSWer back, I especially enjoy some of the skating history topics he brings up from time to time.

29. FSWer

FSWer Well-Known Member

Well,I think your one off the nicest people yourself. I was just thinking..it might be great to start a forum on the Boards to keep up with Split or Retired Skaters/Partnerships.As skaters and Partnerships are changing and (or) Retiring every Day or year.

30. Iceman

Iceman Well-Known Member

When I saw the question I thought that after some suggesting Scott was po'd with Tessa about what happened at 4CC, she thought that the two were at odds and decided to split.