Ice Age is back again

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by vivika1982, Sep 6, 2013.

1. vivika1982

vivika1982 Well-Known Member

^^ It is a show/competition and it seems slightly different from the previous one since there will be single skaters,pair and dance teams .Probably something like episode one of the first Cup of Professionals when everyone skated with their original partner.It does look a little bit rushed and like last minute decision but any program -newly Ice Age made or previously created for the foreign skaters will be better than celebrity/skater programs. Show-like or whatnot at least we will see real skating and as we saw most of the skaters still have it.Lets wait and see.The recording is scheduled for 11 and 12 but i couldn't find exactly when the broadcasting will be,probably around February.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2013
  2. vivika1982

News about Ice Age-Cup of professionals:
    Team Russsia:
    Alexey Yagudin
    Irina Slutskaya
    Tatyana Totmyanina/Maxim Marinin
    Maria Petrova/Alexey Tikhonov
    Tatyana Navka/Roman Kostomarov
    Oksana Domnina/Maxim Shabalin
    Team World:
    Stephane Lambiel
    Sarah Meier
    Elena Leonova/Andrei Khvalko
    Fiona Zaldua/Dmitrii Sukhanov
    Albena Denkova/Maxim Staviski
    Margarita Drobiazko/Povilas Vanagas

and 2 small sneak peeks of Stephane Lambiel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pt098BX1uIs
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OsoM51Zbjo

3. fanof

fanof New Member

Yes!! I love them!

4. vivika1982

Tatyana Navka needed help from the Fire Department
    http://www.vokrug.tv/article/show/L...e_Navke_ponadobilas_pomoshch_pozharnyh_40642/
    http://www.vokrug.tv/photo/article/...e_Navke_ponadobilas_pomoshch_pozharnyh_40642/
    Announcement for the next episode that is going to be the last before the final.There is no theme because everybody will skate their free programs.According to the article almost all of the programs were done by Averbukh because Zhulin was in Japan training his competitive teams for the Olympics. Tania Navka's presentation was postpone due to technical difficulties and she worried that they will burn out while waiting. Povilas Vanagas responded with joke and offered to call the Fire Department just in case :)
    TAT mentioned the 95-th birthday date of her late father. Celebrities that competed in previous years and Tatyana Totmyanina came to support and greet their friends.Maxim Marinin rushed to his son Artem who is one of the kids that cheer the teams in the show and unlike his partner Tania Totmyanina and Yags(who wanted their daughter Liza to have normal childhood) he is supporting his son's desire to skate.

P.S. The cute as buttons Artem and Liza will join their parents in the new Averbukh's New Years show "Mama"
    http://ice-show.ru/proekty/novogodnjaja-skazka-mama.html

Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
  5. Elochka

Elochka New Member

OMG - 6/0

6. NONKO

NONKO Active Member

Great news!

I think celebrities have been working very hard and have been doing their best, but unfortunately it's not as exciting to see the performances with celebrities as to see the performances of eligible skaters or the real professional skaters.
    I'm keen on seeing Alexei skate:)

New photos are put up on the Petrova/Tikhonov official website. Thanks billions!:)
    http://www.petrova-tikhonov.ru/gall...gallery/photo/2013-2014/20131022_iceage#image

7. vivika1982

Thank you NONKO.As always great photos :)

TV interview with TAT"Alone with all"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eSHCbzrNYU
    She is talking how at age of 19 she became figure skating coach due to injury.Her first desire was to become actress but her father - a hokey coach was against and advised her to become figure skating trainer.She was full of energy and soon the victories of her pupils followed. Her father admitted her coaching success only after the sixth Olympic medal her skaters won. She speaks with love and nostalgia about her parents who were married 57 years and always were doing something.Even at age of 91 her mom was trying to keep busy. Her parents taught her and her sister to be hard workers and maybe this was the reason that she doesn't know how to rest. She thanked for the movie about her father who would have been 95 years old. She was satisfied because she was afraid that her father was going to be described as monster while he was trying to do his best, was very strict and knew what he wanted. She kept postponing having kids and later when she couldn't she regretted but doesn't consider it a tragedy because her students were her kids.She is happy for them and their victories but doesn't expect them to be thankful forever and she prefers not to asked them to take care of her.She is satisfied with their success because that means she was right and knew what she was doing but doesn't like to bathe herself in the last victories and doesn't like to look back as her father advised her. If she ever needs help she would ask her friends because she doesn't want her students to see her weak and helpless. She shares about felling lonely after loosing her loved ones within few years but follows the advise of her mother-in-law that no matters how bad is everything she still needs to get up in the morning and carry on and keep searching for the meaning of life.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2013
  8. vivika1982

Episode 15-Free Program
    http://www.1tv.ru/sprojects/si=5930

Few of the programs even with mistakes were great - Denkova/Kislev's avant garde , Kostomarov/Zykova , Spitza/Staviski , Marinin/Gryu,Medveva/Vanagas. Domnina/Yaglych tried another style and were lovely but somehow a little bit boring, Tchernishev and Navka overdid themselves and were good but the pair needs two and despite the improvement, endless praising and inflated results their partners were just a nice attribute and the rink probably needed recovery after their programs. Stomping on the ice and chopping it is nice and attractive when is done with the music and useful for your happy hour drink but is not exactly skating.

9. DaiKozOda

DaiKozOda Active Member

My favs this week were Gryu & Marinin, Medvedeva & Vanagas and Tsoy & Tikhonov (despite the mistake)
    Zemina & Tchernyshev were doing so well lately and I felt this number was a setback.
    Zykova & Kostomarov - I want to like them as a pair but I feel like there's always something missing. Maybe it's a chemistry thing. I don't a see a connection between them as they skate. I also feel she's not completely comfortable with him even after all these weeks. He looked so cool with Khamatova and with Kovalchuk but not with Zykova. They can try to stage kisses but to me it doesn't work.
    At this point I'd love Gryu & Marinin to win.

The final show will be next week or not?

10. vivika1982

It should be next week :shuffle:
    The music list and youtube link.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZizFOLYvNag
    Zykova/Kostomarov-Cold Genius Aria from Rock-opera King Arthur

Bold and creative performance and she definitely is not his best partner but their programs are still decent.

Denkova/Kislev-Fallulah – Give Us A Little Love

"Boneless", fearless Albena and confident Pyotr proved again that they are one of successful combinations in this project.

Gryu/Marinin-Bumbox – Happy End

Another great team whose beautiful skating is leading them toward happy ending. She is not the best skating celebrity but he knows how to show her best site.

Domnina/Yaglych- Nathalia Vlasova-I am in your feet

They were on their feet and Oksana was enchanting but this kind of dance even though very lovely was not in Yaglich's favor. JMHO

Medvedeva/Vanagas - Daniel Lavoie – Ils s’aiment

Vanagas is one of the skaters who always presents his partner in the best possible way with finesse, calmness and whispering gliding.

Zymina/Tchernishev-Michael Nyman

Oy,double Oy and i am not saying this because Yulia is not improving , she is,but it would have been better if she was more humble when Yagudin made her compliment .Instead of asking what he meant when said that before she couldn't skate but now deserves not even 6.0 but 12.0,she should have said "Thank You,Petr!" for covering my weaknesses and giving your best for both of us.

Navka/Mikhalkov-Garik Sukhachev-I'll recognize my sweathert by his gait

Another pair where the skater is lighting the fire for both but this time instead of firefighters i thought we were going to see the paramedics at the end .The Force of Nature Navka tryed to save the day but watching her dragging her poor partner from one episode to another is just painful for both of them.

Tsoy/Tikhonov-Evanescence – My Immortal

Love the song ,they did their best but it wasn't an immortal performance.'

Spitza/Staviski-Scorpions – When You Came Into My Life

Another Force of Nature that sweeps his partner of her feet.Two Scorpio choosing Scorpion's song was good choice and the end was genuine and touching but the rest wasn't their best which is sad because it would have been a good one.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2013
  11. sunhillow

sunhillow Member

I think that to truly appreciate this show it helps to have seen the awful celebrity skating shows that other countries produce. Ice Age exists in a completely different universe to those shows. Is it the best celebrity dancing show in the world? Of course it is!

It's just a shame that Averbukh has never managed to install a decent judging system. This year it's been particularly bad with maximum scores being regularly handed out for cleanly skated but relatively simple and straightforward programs. As it was, the best eight pairs plus Navka and Mikhalkov made it to the end. My thoughts on the remaining pairs -

Zykova/Kostomarov

I actually like this partnership very much. They've been consistently creative and interesting. Surprised to read that comment about lack of chemistry because I rather thought they were having a romance with all that kissing going on during the routines and the kiss'n'cry.

Denkova/Kislev

He's quite an elegant and stylish skater but, for me, their programs have been a little dull. Nothing here to excite me, I'm afraid.

Gryu/Marinin

She is beautifully elegant and expressive. My only slight criticism is that a lot of their programs have been similar to each other. If she'd been asked to be more versatile I think she could have coped but, anyway, this pairing has been gorgeous to watch. I'd have no complaint if they won it.

Domnina/Yaglych

I think Oksana has skated as well if not better than any of the other professionals. Yaglych has supported her well but, for me, that's been the problem. This has been a one woman show rather than a partnership. I don't think he would have fared anywhere near as well if he'd been partnered with someone else (excluding Navka of course). But with all the maximum scores it's pretty clear that they're Tarasova's/The Judges favourites so I think they'll probably win it.

Medvedeva/Vanagas

They've been stellar right from the beginning. Vanagas always has such wonderful chemistry with his partners and I'd love to see them on top of the podium. For my own amusement I've kept updating the cumulative leaderboard that they scrapped after Week 8. Medvedeva and Vanagas are leading it and if they hadn't scrapped it then they would only need to score 11.90 next week to win the show.

Zimina/Tchernyshev

My other favourite pair. Her improvement since the start has been astonishing. :eek: They have dazzled over the last few weeks and I even thoroughly enjoyed the rather strange number they did this week.

Tsoi/Tikhonov

She's a good skater but, for me, the routines have all been rather samey and therefore a bit boring. Gryu gets away with it, but Tsoi doesn't.

Spitza/Staviski

It's been a bumpy ride. Some programs stunning, other programs not so much. They were treated badly by the judges though and it was pretty clear from early on that whatever they did they weren't going to get anywhere.

Navka/Mikhalkov

Let's face it, they should have been eliminated quite some time ago. :rolleyes:

Does anyone know how they are going to resolve all this next week? There are no cumulative scores being shown so are the judges (Tarasova) just going to nominate the final 1-2-3 ?

12. lauravvv

lauravvv Well-Known Member

No, the scores from the last two episodes (the semi-final, that is, this last episode + the final) + the votes from viewers will count. I think they will award specific points to the pair/pairs who will be first according to the scores, then to those who will be second and third, and so on, and also specific points to those who will be first, second, and so on, according to the votes from viewers, and then add those points together. At least that is what was done in other 'Ice Age' seasons (except the 'Cup of Professionals' where cumulative points from all episodes were used).

13. DaiKozOda

DaiKozOda Active Member

Really? To me it has always looked that besides those staged kisses and all they weren't completely gelled. Actually watching they're profiles I got the feeling sometimes there was some tension is the air. And not a good one lol

One thing is for sure. I totally agree with you when you say this one is the best in the world. I've checked several versions on youtube and none tops Ice Age. (ok Dancing on Ice is cool but nowhere close).

14. vivika1982

For this kind of show ,ya, probably is the best. I am not sure that the judging system of the show is only Averbukh's fault BUT the scoring system and some of the remarks in my eyes are turning the show into IQ dropping spectacle and I consider those who don't understand Russian truly blessed. It is an entertaining show with always changing rules that are confusing sometimes especially this year edition.At first it was announced that the goal is to prepare the celebrities to look like Olympic winners or something like that but :shuffle: in reality everything is pretty much based on preferences and the amount of money that was offered to some of the celebrities to participate in the show . I don't care about this part too much as long as the audience is not blindfolded with false praising to some and ridiculous demands to others. It is rather insulting not only to the audience but also for the professionalism of some of the judges. Besides what is the point of torturing the celebrity partners and pushing them to the point of near heart attack.It takes years for the skaters to learn the basics and they start in their early childhood years. And then we have ordinary and some not very athletic adult people that are expected to achieve that in 4-6 months. Who cares?If they wanted to be Olympians they would have been called Virtue,Yagudin, Navka, Lambiel and etc. not Spitza, Mikhalkov or Kuchera.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
  15. lauravvv

lauravvv Well-Known Member

That was no the goal really - it was just a joke that is repeated from time to time (that team or this can be sent to Olympics now). But, yes, the impression was sort of created that the goal was to teach the celebrities as much from skating and elements as it is possible in such a short time.

16. vivika1982

ITA that the way i wrote it looks unclear.This kind respect of the most improved celebrity partners :) has been an instant joke for years but this year was a little bit different because it was dedicated to Sochi 2014 and by showing great results from the stars they wanted to bring back the appreciation of figure skating. Many celebs got close to that point .As Averbukh mentioned, until now they taught about 80 stars how to skate and made the skaters well known not in the figure skating community only.Good,the skaters became stars and the stars learned how to skate more skilfully but at the end everyone does the best they are prepared for and as long as there is Cup Of Professionals i don't mind to check once in a while the celebrity-skater version. My point is that i've had enough of this show :slinkaway

17. vivika1982

Continue on more positive note with happy event and article about the final episode :)
    Yesterday was Ilia Averbukh's 40-th Birthday but he plans to celebrate after New Year since he has too many projects at the moment.
    http://www.kp.ru/daily/26173/3062001/

The final episode was rather dramatic with the fall of Okasan Domnina who was mildly injured and got stitches.
    http://www.vokrug.tv/article/show/L...h_vinit_sebya_v_travme_Oksany_Domninoi_40728/
    http://www.vokrug.tv/photo/article/...h_vinit_sebya_v_travme_Oksany_Domninoi_40728/

Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
  18. fanof

fanof New Member

19. fanof

fanof New Member

Oksana Domnina leeds her partner in tango!!! This is All Oksana. She is the best! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkuVyzR8vQM

20. vivika1982

She is a great skater(and everyone else of the professionals) :) With all weird changing rules i am not sure anymore who will win :shuffle: but if all is fair and square she and her partner should be among the winners :)

21. vivika1982

22. vivika1982

Today was the recording of the final episode and since i won't be here next weekend i thought i could give you the news about the winners in advance.First place-Oksana Domnina/Vladimir Yaglych; second place Anita Tsoy/Alexey Tikhonov; third place is shared by Albena Denkova/Pyotr Kislyov and Lyanka Gryu/Maxim Marinin. Congrats for job well done :)
    Happy Holidays everyone.

23. vivika1982

24. kaminazki

kaminazki New Member

I heard rumored I Oksana and Yaglych disbanded at the beginning of February.
    Oksana returned to Rome. It is rumored.
    However, the official announcement have not been any.
    Instead, several recent articles highlight the contacts smoothly.
    Unveiling of the truth be hidden until the end of April, ice Symphony Tour is over?
    I can't understand the behavior of Oksana.
    Just wanted to try having an affair, and the illusion of watching fresh man?

Last edited: Feb 15, 2014
  25. vivika1982

Just to answer your question. It appears to be true .There are several announcements about Domnina reuniting with Kostomarov.
    Speaking about young ,bold and beautiful :rolleyes:
    Anyway all is good when it ends well or as Kostomarov states"We're good....probably" .Wishing them all the best. Here is to happily ever after :40beers: ....and let the soup opera continues :) :watch:

http://www.woman.ru/relations/medley4/article/100794/