iamamiwhoami

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Ziggy, Jul 1, 2010.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

What?

(From their Wikipedia entry)

All videos here

http://www.youtube.com/user/iamamiwhoami#g/u

(Watch them in the order they were posted - so oldest to newest - as they have a sort of story unfolding)

This whole saga is just so fascinating.

Totally novel way of promoting music. Sending the videos to music bloggers and journalists was the only thing that was done.

The music is available on Itunes and Amazon and it seems it was sent directly by the artist, bypassing the music label.

The project is anonymous. It seems apparent by now that it's Jonna Lee (although her management denies that) but nothing is official as of yet and blogs are full of wild speculations.

A lot of people genuinely thought it was Christina Aguilera at some stage, which I find absolutely hilarious. :D As if she is bright enough to come up with this kind of stuff and as if her record label would ever let her do this.

Both the videos and the music are extremely interesting and just excellent visually. There is a strong concept behind them and they sort of have a story unfolding.

Again lots of room for speculation as to what the numbers, animals and all other symbols featured mean.

One video has been released each month so far. I'm wondering where this is going to go.

Also, the wider implications of this project are interesting. Is going viral and bypassing the record industry the way to go for music artists, in the age of the internet?
  2. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

3. UGG

UGG Well-Known Member

Oh I remember MTV posting about this. I watched some of the videos and could not figure out why people thought this was X-tina. Didn't MTV post some kind of clue with animals or something? Was it ever figured out?
  4. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Animals are featured in the first teaser videos.

The nature-environmental theme is further developed in the longer song videos.

It's Jonna Lee. Not officially confirmed but it's her face.