I hate it when someone says "'Nuff said!"

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by skateboy, Apr 9, 2013.

1. skateboy

skateboy Well-Known Member

Obviously this isn't a particularly meaningful thread, but just felt the need to get this off my chest.

I HAAAAAAAAAAAATE it when someone says "'nuff said!" I find it soooooooo condescending, annoying and just smacks of "I'm right and you're wrong so nah-nah nah-nah NAH nah!"

Am I the only one? If so, it's fine. Again, just felt the need to have my little vent. :)

2. Anita18

Anita18 Well-Known Member

Hmm, I haven't heard that one in a while.

The new version of that is mic dropping. ;)

3. Zemgirl

Zemgirl Well-Known Member

"Just saying" is equally bad.

4. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

"Whatever" is my pet peeve,

5. FiveRinger

FiveRinger Well-Known Member

Mine too! I have to unclench my jacket jaws when I hear it....the equivalent of f--- you.....

6. RFOS

RFOS Well-Known Member

Another one I hate is "No. Just no."

7. Gypsy

Gypsy Watching the Leaves Change!

One of my pet peeves is "If you remember right"...meaning if you remember it the way I said then you are right.

8. nubka

nubka Well-Known Member

I see that one quite a bit here at FSU. Just saying... :shuffle: ;)

9. Sofia Alexandra

Sofia Alexandra Well-Known Member

I just loathe when I call somebody out for making a sexist/homophobic/racist/ableist/generally stupid comment and they tell me that if I can't take a joke or people being mean I should "get off the internet". :revenge: That's when I wish I could punch people through the screen.

10. duane

duane New Member

I see little wrong with "nuff said". I think it's just someone's way of being emphatic. I think "whatever" is definitely more condescending, but it's usually said when people are having a heated argument or dissing each other, at which times all kinds of condescending things are said. I have no problem whatsoever with "just saying"--one of my common phrases! Just saying... ;)

11. snoopy

snoopy Team St. Petersburg

LOL. The phrase used on FSU PI that I find the most condescending is "I find it interesting..." that you think that or said that or did that, etc.

12. skatingfan5

skatingfan5 Well-Known Member

I find it quite interesting that you find that the most condescending phrase. Just saying. :slinkaway

hanca and (deleted member) like this.
  13. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

'nuff said.

alilou, halffull, pollyanna and 3 others like this.
  14. pollyanna

pollyanna playing the Glad Game

Whatever. :rolleyes:

15. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

:wuzrobbed

JUST SAYIN'!!!

16. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

"Whatever" is my pet peeve.

I am a little tired of "my bad."

I don't mind "just sayin" or "nuff said" as long as it isn't repetitive.

I also don't really like it when someone wants to express their disbelief and instead of saying something like "You are kidding me?" or "Really?" or "Seriously?" they use the phrase "shut up???" For a second I think they are telling me to shut up.

17. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

I think a lot of the meaning of these phrases depends on the person they are coming from, and the context in which they are used.

18. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Vera

It does not really bother me, but I guess not many have said that to me.

19. smileyskate

smileyskate New Member

I am so sick of hearing about "baby bumps" in the media. I think it may have started when they were trying to guess whether or not every celeb's super slightly poochie tummy may be a baby bump and now it is used often.

'Nuff said.

numbers123 and (deleted member) like this.
  20. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

i hate when people say veggie instead of vegetable. so much hate.

21. ChelleC

ChelleC Well-Known Member

Mine too.

22. suep1963

suep1963 Well-Known Member

add to that "prezzies" instead of presents.

23. jenny12

jenny12 Well-Known Member

I agree. That annoys me as well. I'm sure, of course, that I have plenty of annoying phrases I repeatedly say, but I have a co-worker who says, "You know what I mean?" after, what seems like, every single thing she says. She's a lovely woman, but it annoys the heck out of me.

24. shan

shan Well-Known Member

I don't like that or va-cay instead of vacation.

25. walei

walei Well-Known Member

My pet peeve is "Don't get me wrong I like [insert figure skater] but ........"

26. Moto Guzzi

Moto Guzzi Well-Known Member

I was part of a review team that included a woman who would say "With all due respect...." and then proceed to rip somebody apart. After about two days of this, another team member pointed out to her that she was showing no respect to anybody; she was just being rude and insulting. Everybody on the team applauded.

27. OliviaPug

OliviaPug Well-Known Member

I hate when stores call themselves "shoppe" instead of "shop" ....... especially when "Ye" and "Olde" precede "Shoppe" .....

(j/k :lol:)

O-

Rob and (deleted member) like this.
  28. DimaToe

DimaToe Well-Known Member

I can't stand when people use the word "hater" whenever they can. It seems like the it word nowadays. Annoys me so much! :wall: :rolleyes:

29. Whitneyskates

Whitneyskates Well-Known Member

I hate the word "bling". I am always surprised at how many home decor/wedding/lifestyle shows use that word now. When I was planning my wedding a couple years ago, I had a florist who, on a nearly daily basis, would ask if she could "bling out my flowers".

I'm also not a fan of the phrase "I miss your face". I get what people mean when they say it, but it's still an odd thing to say.

30. Zemgirl

Zemgirl Well-Known Member

I know :mad:

Other annoying expressions: when people refer to someone's skating as being like butter, especially when it's spelled "like buttah". And anyway, butter is sort of oily so I wouldn't apply it to skating to begin with.

"The fact of the matter" is hideous. Also it usually prefaces something that is not actually a fact. But even if it does, just write "as a matter of fact", or "the fact is", or "the truth is", or even "purple". Anything but "the fact of the matter".

Yes, I feel very strongly about this.