1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hybrid cars

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by susan6, Jul 6, 2013.

1. susan6

susan6 Well-Known Member

I'm looking into buying a hybrid in the near future; thinking of either the Ford Fusion hybrid or Toyota Camry hybrid. I test drove the Fusion today and it seems pretty cool. Any current owners of hybrids with any advice? (Any sort of new car is going to be a big change from my current car....it has no computerized or touch screen anything, and so many of the new cars have voice activated high tech stuff....)

2. KHenry14

KHenry14 Well-Known Member

We are about to buy one too. The Ford is slightly more expensive, but it's pretty similar. We are going to buy the Camry because I just don't fit in the Ford. :)

You might also want to consider the Hyundai Sonata Hybrid. Better warranty than any other company.

3. sk8pics

sk8pics Well-Known Member

I have a Camry Hybrid, that I bought in 2009. It was the mid-trim line, so it doesn't have that whole navigation system and so on. Toyota hybrids give you the most mileage boost in stop and go driving, and that's what I do for the most part. Other companies' may operate differently, so you can pick and choose according to the most typical driving for you.

I got more than 40 mpg with it yesterday driving to and from my cousin's house in New Jersey, about a 125 mile trip. Typically in the stop and go driving that I do for work, I get 32 - 36 mpg, depending on exact conditions. I know a non-hybrid Camry would be lucky to get 22 mpg under the same conditions, so I'm happy. I really like Camrys and find them very comfortable, so the hybrid Camry was a good choice for me.

Good luck!