How would you resolve this conflict?

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Alex Forrest, Nov 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. misskarne

misskarne #ForzaJules #KeepFightingMichael

Well, thankyou for admitting at last that all you were fishing for was a bunch of people to post in here "ZOMG THAT'S AWFUL U SHUD TTLY NEVA TALK 2 HIM AGEN!" and have them backing your every OTT statement with total sympathy.

numbers123 and (deleted member) like this.
  2. michiruwater

michiruwater Well-Known Member

Well, to be fair, he actually already said that on Page 2:

3. Alex Forrest

Alex Forrest Banned Member

What's funny, Mila, is that you are a joke on this board. I was SS way back when. That you are calling me out is kind of hilarious. So yeah, I'll change my bio to "Badly permed cranky chick, and FSU appointed drama queen". I have a sense of humor and have always been self-deprecating. I'm in on the joke. You will still be struggling with anyone having any respect for your posts. Either acquire a sense of humor and stop being a bitch, or just get a frackin life. No one takes you seriously anyway Mila. I actually think it is quite funny to see your weak posts dissected into oblivion to show the moron you are. :lol: Seriously Mila, you do tend to come across as an airhead or an uberbatch. Your attempts at bullying or just flat out batchiness is evident and either funny or kind of sad.

I know I said I try to be nice, but Mila has been putting me on and riding my ass for a while now, to the point of my discomfort whenever I log on here and I'm pretty thick skinned as this is an anonymous board. She deserves it. Keep posting, Mila, because many of us do get a laugh at your ridiculousness. You poor thing. *hug* As if.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
  4. milanessa

milanessa engaged to dupa

5. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

You keep using those words. I do not think they mean what you think they mean.

6. taf2002

taf2002 Texas slumlord

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Yeah, milanessa is the joke. You keep telling that to yourself.

7. numbers123

numbers123 Well-Known Member

Hhhmmmm. Sounds like I've read these words somewhere recently ;). I've never thought that milanessa has been a batch or someone I don't respect or the most hated poster. I do find myself disagreeing with her at times, but never bitchy or hateful. And FWIW - even when I disagree with her, I respect her as someone who gives appropriate advice. YMMV

milanessa, Nan, purple skates and 3 others like this.
  8. cruisin

cruisin Well-Known Member

Well, here's my 2 cents, for what it's worth.

Alex accidentally left his gym bag in a friend's car. Yes, it had expensive things in it, but clearly he has other work out clothes, to fill in. So, I can see where he might not feel urgency to get it back ASAP. Also, he had no reason to believe that his friend would throw the clothes away. He wouldn't call to see if the bag was in the car, he knew it was. He knew he was seeing the friend in a few days and figured he'd get his bag at that time. He probably did not realize that the clothes smelled so bad, and he had put them in a plastic bag. So, I don't think Alex did anything wrong there. The friend also knew Alex would be there in a few days. The friend could have taken the gym bag out of the car and stowed it outside or in the garage. It was absolutely wrong to throw out another person's possessions. Moving forward, Alex got reimbursed for his loss. I don't get the impression that anything had happened in the past to make Alex feel that the friend was not trustworthy. I can see being upset that the friend threw out the clothes, but he paid for them. As far as not saying sorry, he pretty much did that by paying for the stuff.

So, Alex, I don't think you did anything wrong by leaving your bag, we all forget things. I do think your friend screwed up by throwing out your stuff. I think that he apologized by paying for it. And, I think you should not be taking this as a trust issue. You're friends, the clothes are not that important. Let him in your house, I don't think he'll do anything deliberate to hurt you or your things. And, FTR, I don't think your friend is a sociopath or any 'path. I think he used poor judgement. We all do sometimes.

9. antmanb

antmanb Well-Known Member

I thought the same thing, has AF outed their pseud?! :rofl:

PeterG, milanessa, Norlite and 3 others like this.
  10. purple skates

purple skates Shadow dancing

I had the same thought. :lol:

11. milanessa

milanessa engaged to dupa

I am soooooooooo misunderstood. :drama: ;)

12. Alex Forrest

Alex Forrest Banned Member

Umm, I have no other pseuds on here. Someone just accused me the other day of having one and copying/pasting one of my posts just to say "ITA". No, I am not posting under any other name. I had other pseuds in the past but that was years ago. I even posted tongue in cheek with a reference to an old one in this thread. It's not like I think I'm pulling a fast one here.

There is a difference between being thick skinned and just sick of it. It blows my mind that someone would take time out of their day to just be nasty. It's annoying. You don't like what I have to say? Please, put me on ignore. Discourse around here will improve.

It does suck, because I don't come on here to feel nervous or hateful. But oh well, enjoy it.

And Mila, you are not misunderstood. I understand exactly the type of person you are.

Peter, yes, my filter on an anonymous message board is different than my real life. I'm never going to ever meet any of you guys, and therefore I don't really care if I give more of my feelings/thoughts. As for bullying, well, it comes in different sizes and packages. Some posters seem to feed off of each others sarcasm and put downs of another poster and it does feel like bullying. I've received some pretty hateful PMs in the last few days, and I was like "REALLY? You are going out of your way, taking time out of your day, to send me a nasty message when you don't even know me?" I just hope they got the boost they needed in their lives by doing that.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
  13. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

Wow. I have been biting my tongue following this thread until it's fallen off!! :lol: But you've gone too far with this post, Alex. You've accused me of bullying you and now milanessa (and maybe more, but I haven't read those threads)?

I'm not sure how to approach this as there are two possible scenarios:

1. Alex is a less-funny ESTA who writes fictional posts to entertain (and provoke) people. If this is the case, interesting performance art, Alex (or should I say "creator of this fictional character"). People have gotten pretty open about how they think you have posted under other usernames. Which makes it sad if this other possibility is true...

2. Alex is someone who has been through a lot in their life and is working his way through things...all online. Alex, you mention that you are not a drama queen and that you are thick-skinned. If you have led a life where incredibly difficult things have happened to you, then your life might be a lot less dramatic now and you have become strong (more thick-skinned) than you were at an earlier age. But for people who have led uneventful middle-class lives, you do come across as quite dramatic as well as quite sensitive (not thick-skinned, in spite of how you might have become tougher over the years).

If your posts are not the work of performance art, I'm wondering if you might want to think about self-awareness. You see situations (and yourself) much differently than others do. You may have surrounded yourself by people who share your personality traits (which is smart - we all do that in some ways to provide comfort for ourselves), but those people will not be objective and they will reflect back to you what you want to see and hear. At FSU you get objectivity. It's not always pretty, but you can take it as a way to learn and grow.

I think I'll stop here, but I wanted to post because I like milanessa and it seems from the posts that others do as well. Milanessa might have been tough, but sometimes we might need to hear what we don't want to. I'd take milanessa's posts that way. Can you see any truth in the things she said, in spite of not liking what she said? Sometimes the things we don't want to hear (or don't like to hear) are the things that are most valuable for us to take to heart and learn and grow from.

mag, Kasey, ArtisticFan and 5 others like this.
  14. CanuckSk8r

CanuckSk8r New Member

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to PeterG again.

These points.

15. taf2002

taf2002 Texas slumlord

Which one?

Kasey and (deleted member) like this.
  16. loulou

loulou Well-Known Member

AF: you said you were lose on the use of the verb "to afford", but I think you're rather lose on the use of the word "friendship".

As I said: weird story, and it gets weirder with the FB anecdote.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
  17. Prancer

Prancer The "specialness" that is Staff Member

I think Alex Forrest's question has been asked and answered and the situation has been resolved, yes?

I think it's time for the Quarterly Meeting of Drama Queens, Batches, and Amateur Psychologists to come to a close.

Until next time.....

beepbeep, Sassafras, Southpaw and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.