How well do you feel you get along with other Skaters at yor Rink?

Discussion in 'Moves In The Field' started by FSWer, Jun 29, 2011.

1. FSWer

FSWer Well-Known Member

Say,I just thought I'd post this. As I find myself to get along very well with Skaters at my Rink. In my own words,I have found myself to be even very compatable (sorry if I spelled that wrong) with (and trusting) the Freestylers at y Rink. Enough to let them even help me tighten my laces correctly. As well as even give me a few tips. I have even begun to trust the other Public Skaters. We all (Freestylers and Public Skaters) have become really close. We really DO all get along!!! What about all of you?

Last edited: Jun 30, 2011
  2. GarrAarghHrumph

GarrAarghHrumph I can kill you with my brain

You do start to get to know the skaters on the sessions that you frequent, and I've always found people to be very nice.

3. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Well-Known Member

Like any situation where you deal with other people. You make friends with some, you smile at others and some you just don't have anything to do with for one reason or another.

4. misskarne

misskarne #ForzaJules #KeepFightingMichael

I get along pretty well with most of the skaters on my freestyle sessions.

One thing that is hard is that, with the exception of a couple of mothers who skate because their kids do, I'm the oldest skater there by a good six or seven years, and I'm certainly the oldest one there attempting jumps and spins. I mean, the other day, the Junior lady at my rink came running in all excited and showing off...her learner driver's permit. All the girls were excited and yelling that they couldn't wait to drive either. I've had my full licence for more than three years and have been driving solo for nearly six. Yeah. Awkward. I just don't have much in common with a lot of them.

Still, everyone's pretty friendly, because we all know that with our rink being smaller than standard, there's no room for cattiness or jealousy. When I can have a friendly conversation with the 12 year old landing doubles, I think we're doing all right.

5. Artifice

Artifice Guest

I get along better with kids of all levels than adults (except beginner adults with whom it's easier to have good contacts).

6. AndyWarhol

AndyWarhol Well-Known Member

I dont talk to anyone at the rink. Im sure everyone thinks im a biatch.

Poggi and (deleted member) like this.
  7. julianaqtpi

julianaqtpi New Member

My skating community is pretty small, so we all get along fairly well. Of course there's the Intermediate girl who thinks she owns the rink and is oblivious to everyone else and crashes into someone at least once per session, and she's a snotty brat. But her brother is really nice, he's Intermediate too and is actually very nice, he watches out for other skaters much more than his sister... And then there's the situations where older skaters like myself (I'm only 14, but I'm meaning in contrast to the 8-12 year olds) hold grudges against the younger skaters who act like babies and cry when they don't get first place.... Anyways, we all get along fairly well, we cheer on skaters from other clubs at competitions that are pretty far away like Regionals.

8. quebecoise

quebecoise New Member

Like some people said, you make some friends but you don't like everyone. You are friends with some , you smile and talk a little bit to some and you ignore some of them lol

9. Artifice

Artifice Guest

Indeed, that's life ! :)