How to geoblock for BBC viewing

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by BigB08822, Jan 23, 2012.

1. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

I am trying to figure out how to geoblock my IP address so I can watch some videos on the BBC site. I did a google search and see there are quite a few options but some of the sites seemed a little sketchy so I was afraid to download any programs they offered. I figured this site would be full of people experienced in doing this since we are always trying to watch different countries streams for skating. Can anyone tell me a safe way to do this?

P.S. If this is illegal then please close the thread. I began thinking about it and now I am not sure, lol

2. triple_toe

triple_toe Well-Known Member

You need to find a good proxy server. I used to use covermyass.com but I don't think that one works any more...

3. ioana

ioana Well-Known Member

I used the expat network which logs you in via a uk server and so far it's been working well. Got tired of bad ITV and BBC feeds for the shows I wanted to watch --and it's not unreasonable at 5 gbp a month. This only works for UK websites, but I did it mostly so I could watch bwitsh tv :), so it gets the job done. I think CMA is supposed to work in other countries, as well.

http://www.my-expat-network.co.uk/

4. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Find a paid proxy service that enables you to set your IP address to UK like the one ioana suggested.

And yes you are committing a grevious offence of disregarding the copyright laws. IMPRISON HIM! :lynch: :D

5. BigB08822

I didn't know you had to pay for them. I want to watch the last 3 episodes of the new Sherlock and I don't know if it is worth paying for only 3 episodes of something. lol Thanks though!

6. rjblue

rjblue Re-registered User

My daughter and I just spent the last three days watching all six episodes of Sherlock. She is planning her wedding with Benedict Cumberbatch, as I type this.

7. BigB08822

:lol: I think he is very odd looking but Watson is a cutie!

8. znachki

znachki Active Member

For that - oh yes. I've seen it and it was better than the first series.

BTW - this reminded me to check on Amazon UK to see if it was out yet. Which it was. I bought Series 1 & 2 for $30.79 US - which includes shipping. (Price in the US for series 1 is $22 plus shipping) So, if you have a region free DVD player. You can watch it now.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2012
  9. ioana

ioana Well-Known Member

I watched the first 2 episodes of the new Sherlock series and loved them. Hopefully I can get home early enough today and watch the last one, too. I thought it was money well spent, especially since I can watch things like Dancing on Ice UK as well. Not that I have but it's good to know the option's there :).

10. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

May I congratulate your excellent taste in tv series and also direct you to http://cuevana.tv where you can stream the show for free ;)

11. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Well, maintaining servers costs money. ;)

12. genegri

genegri Active Member

Even without the excellent new Sherlock episodes, a proxy server is well worth it. :sekret:

13. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

If anybody knows good reliable proxy servers, post here or PM me, please.

I'm not very happy with the one I got at the moment. :drama: