1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to geoblock for BBC viewing

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by BigB08822, Jan 23, 2012.

1. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

I am trying to figure out how to geoblock my IP address so I can watch some videos on the BBC site. I did a google search and see there are quite a few options but some of the sites seemed a little sketchy so I was afraid to download any programs they offered. I figured this site would be full of people experienced in doing this since we are always trying to watch different countries streams for skating. Can anyone tell me a safe way to do this?

P.S. If this is illegal then please close the thread. I began thinking about it and now I am not sure, lol

2. triple_toe

triple_toe Well-Known Member

You need to find a good proxy server. I used to use covermyass.com but I don't think that one works any more...

3. ioana

ioana Well-Known Member

I used the expat network which logs you in via a uk server and so far it's been working well. Got tired of bad ITV and BBC feeds for the shows I wanted to watch --and it's not unreasonable at 5 gbp a month. This only works for UK websites, but I did it mostly so I could watch bwitsh tv :), so it gets the job done. I think CMA is supposed to work in other countries, as well.

http://www.my-expat-network.co.uk/

4. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Find a paid proxy service that enables you to set your IP address to UK like the one ioana suggested.

And yes you are committing a grevious offence of disregarding the copyright laws. IMPRISON HIM! :lynch: :D

5. BigB08822

I didn't know you had to pay for them. I want to watch the last 3 episodes of the new Sherlock and I don't know if it is worth paying for only 3 episodes of something. lol Thanks though!

6. rjblue

rjblue Re-registered User

My daughter and I just spent the last three days watching all six episodes of Sherlock. She is planning her wedding with Benedict Cumberbatch, as I type this.

7. BigB08822

:lol: I think he is very odd looking but Watson is a cutie!

8. znachki

znachki Active Member

For that - oh yes. I've seen it and it was better than the first series.

BTW - this reminded me to check on Amazon UK to see if it was out yet. Which it was. I bought Series 1 & 2 for $30.79 US - which includes shipping. (Price in the US for series 1 is $22 plus shipping) So, if you have a region free DVD player. You can watch it now.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2012
  9. ioana

ioana Well-Known Member

I watched the first 2 episodes of the new Sherlock series and loved them. Hopefully I can get home early enough today and watch the last one, too. I thought it was money well spent, especially since I can watch things like Dancing on Ice UK as well. Not that I have but it's good to know the option's there :).

10. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

May I congratulate your excellent taste in tv series and also direct you to http://cuevana.tv where you can stream the show for free ;)

11. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Well, maintaining servers costs money. ;)

12. genegri

genegri Active Member

Even without the excellent new Sherlock episodes, a proxy server is well worth it. :sekret:

13. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

If anybody knows good reliable proxy servers, post here or PM me, please.

I'm not very happy with the one I got at the moment. :drama: