How much do you sleep?

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by IceAlisa, Jul 23, 2014.

1. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

2. TAHbKA

TAHbKA Well-Known Member

Don't know, but it's not even nearly enough. I spent the whole week being sleepy and slow. Can't wait for Friday...

3. snoopy

snoopy Team St. Petersburg

In the winter, I sleep 8 hours a night because I hate being cold so sleep just gets me through the season faster. I also find it is easier to sleep in the winter. In the summer, it's closer to 6 hours - I stay up later and more things wake me up in the middle of the night.

4. ribbon

ribbon Member

I too am a seasonal sleeper. In the summer, 6 1/2 hours and in the winter 7 1/2. Any less and I'll feel tired. Any more and I'll feel tired. Weekends and weekdays are the same schedule for me.

5. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

Not enough, 5-6 hours each weekday night, maybe 8-9 hours on the weekend.

6. paskatefan

paskatefan Well-Known Member

About 8-9 hours.

7. Meredith

Meredith what a glorious day!

Anywhere between 5 and 8 hours. I never know how long or how well I will sleep.

8. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

I'm with Judiz. 5-6 hours during the week, and 8-9 on the weekend.

9. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Well-Known Member

Probably between 6-7 hours a night.

10. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

3 - 4 during the week, 8ish on the weekend

11. olympic

olympic Well-Known Member

During the work week, I sleep an average of 6 1/2 hours probably. This is my fault because I'm a night owl and like to read in bed, stay up late to squeeze in a favorite show, etc.

On the weekend, I am actually sleeping a little more lately and sometimes get close to 7 hours. I noticed that even when I go to bed later on the weekend, I tend to wake up at the same time that I do during the work week. But I almost always go back to sleep and I get more sleep in total. The morning light tends to wake me up.

I've started sleeping through the night, too and I think that depends a lot more on my job change. My former employer was dysfunctional and I'd wake up in the middle of the night anxious and it usually took some time to fall back to sleep.

12. quartz

quartz Far beyond these castle walls

I probably get about 4-5 hours of broken sleep. It takes me forever to fall asleep, and then I either sleep so lightly I keep waking up, or I dream all night and wake up exhausted. Most days I get a half hour nap around 4:00 in the afternoon.
    Occasionally, I manage to quiet my mind and maybe get 6 or 7 hours, but that is pretty rare.

13. MacMadame

MacMadame Internet Beyotch

There was a time in my life where I was getting enough sleep and I would wake up before the alarm clock. I consistently would wake up about 7.5 hours after I fell asleep and I was falling asleep pretty quickly after going to bed.

These days, now that I'm old and probably need less sleep, I have a sense that I need about 7 hours of sleep but it's hard to tell because I have cats that tend to wake me in the night and am not going to bed when I am tired but 30 to 90 min later and I often am dragging myself out of bed earlier than I'd like.

I sleep 4-6 hours during the week and 5-8 on the weekend. I may take a nap on the weekend too. Today I slept in and I got up around 7-7.5 hours after I went to bed/fell asleep but my alarm went off 3 hours ago and there were wakings in there too.

14. antmanb

antmanb Well-Known Member

I try to switch everything off downstairs and get into bed from 11pm so that i can read for bit etc with a view to switching off the light at midnight, and falling asleep shortly after that. The alarm goes off at 7am and I snooze a couple of times. I'm guessing I get somewhere between 6 and 7 hours sleep in the week, and maybe 8 at the weekend.

15. BlueRidge

BlueRidge AYS's snark-sponge

Well in my old apartment I slept about 8 good hours.

In my new apartment, :coffee: I spend about 8 hours lying in bed, waking and sleeping some amount of time...

16. satine94

satine94 awaiting the scores

6 hours, but I almost always take an additional 1-2 hour nap later in the day. I've been sleeping like this for a good 5 years now & it's working out nicely. ;)

17. Kasey

Kasey Loving on babies!

usually about 6 hours. Occasionally on my "Monday" for work (I work night shifts) I try to get a nap in the afternoon, but that's about a 50/50 thing

18. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

At home, I get 8-9 hours. But on holiday, I always wake up early.

19. timing

timing fragrance free

I've found that I feel worse if I'm in bed more than 7.5 hours. I have rheumatoid arthritis and I stiffen up if I sleep too long.
    I'm typically in bed 6.5 to 7 hours but I tend to get up 3 or 4 times a night.

20. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

around 7 hours. I sleep soundly but more and more often have to get up to pee in the middle of the night :wuzrobbed I fall right back asleep though.

I almost always wake up feeling exhausted, though. :coffee: especially when it's the weekend and I wake up hours before I need to :wall:

21. sk8pics

sk8pics Well-Known Member

During the week, probably 7 hours or so. I, too, have trouble falling asleep and staying asleep, and if I don't take something I usually don't sleep as well. Lately I have been pretty tired by the end of the week and have actually slept about 9 hours the last couple of Saturdays. But more normal on the weekend is about 8 hours. I used to be such a good sleeper, but not any more.

22. Anemone

Anemone Active Member

6-7 hours during the week, 8-9 on the weekends.

23. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

Those who get around 7 hours a night--do you feel that's enough? I wonder if sleep requirements are more individual than the study implies.

24. moebius

moebius Well-Known Member

I sleep around 7-7.5 hrs. on the weekday, then about 8.5-10 on the weekends, sometimes up to 11hrs. if I am sleep deprived during the week. I think if I get 8.5-9 hrs. during the week, then I'm fine. But it depends on how tired I am during the week. 8hrs of sleep during the workweek may not be enough b/c I'm more tired from work, but during the weekends, it may be enough after I catch up on sleep.

25. nubka

nubka Well-Known Member

Not nearly enough... :(

26. ice dance

ice dance Member

Before taking 5htp, I'd get 3-4 hours broken sleep on a bad night and 5-6 hours broken sleep on a good night. Now I get 9 hours unbroken sleep, like when I was a kid. It's awesome, except I will sleep through alarms until I've had the 9 hours. My work hours are ramping up very soon (been off for months on an injury break) and it's just not feasible to get 9 hours a night so I will have to come off the supplement and hope that my sleeping doesn't fall apart again. 8-9 hours is what my body does best on, though it copes on less.

27. antmanb

antmanb Well-Known Member

Generally I think 7 is just right for me. If I don't set an alarm I tend to start to stir after 6 hours and wake up properly after 7 hours, however, at the weekend I will always get an extra couple of hours which balance out. If i have busy weekends back-to-back, where I don't catch up with an extra couple of hours then I start to feel sluggish in the week.

28. quartz

quartz Far beyond these castle walls

Whoohoo!! Had a 6 hour unbroken, dreamless sleep last night! If I could get that every night, I think my life would be much improved.

29. aliceanne

aliceanne Well-Known Member

I sleep anywhere from 3-8 hours a night. Some nights it seems I look at the clock every 2 hours just too see if I can get up yet. It does seem to make a difference if I stay in bed even if I am awake as opposed to staying up and doing stuff, but it can be really boring and tedious lying awake for hours. I think I am naturally a night person, but I have changed schedules so much over the years I have no biological clock.

I think I get a consistent number of hours of sleep per week, but not per night. It probably averages out to 6-7 hours per night. I don't feel like I get to decide, my body chooses.

30. Dave of the North

Dave of the North Well-Known Member

7 hours is OK for me during the work week, any less than that and I'm falling asleep at my desk. On the weekend I tend to sleep more.