1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How many years have you been Skating?

Discussion in 'Moves In The Field' started by FSWer, Jan 9, 2013.

1. FSWer

FSWer Well-Known Member

Say,we've haven't talked about this in a while,and I'm sure we Newbees here that might want to answer this...What I'd like to ask today is...How many years have you been Skating? For me I started in 2007,making me a Skater of 6 years..going on 7 in this year 2013. Anybody else?
  2. Synchkat

Synchkat New Member

35 years. Give or take maybe 2 or 3 years I took off. A couple of those years were coaching but I was still on the ice so I was still skating.
  3. misskarne

misskarne #408

Two years, three months.
    PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  4. AndyWarhol

AndyWarhol Well-Known Member

17 years for me in total. Although not a huge amount of training was done for about 10 of those.
  5. treesprite

treesprite Member

12, then off 17 years, then on just a few months, then off 2 years, then on a year, then off 4 years, now it's been a year since I came back.

The 17 years was due to health issues, family stuff, school and work. The few months back ended because I broke my leg, after I had gotten a brand new pair of skates. The 2 years off was to heal from the breaks. The year on I developed a severe phobia and quit to wait for it to go away. The 4 years was that waiting, which seems to have paid off because I am still skating and not terrified. I'm getting ready to buy brand new skates and am worried that right after I get them I'll get cursed and something bad will happen to make me be unable to use them. I hope nothing comes up to make me have to stop again.