How many couple(lovers) do you know in figure skating?

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by xy3026rosa, Mar 20, 2011.

1. michiruwater

michiruwater Well-Known Member

Yes, plus, of course you can just choose who you fall in love with.

Kasey and (deleted member) like this.
  2. ilovenyc

ilovenyc Member

At least they seem to be VERY close on and off the ice. lots of cute photos in their instagrams. :) I think they are in a relationship but nothing has been confirmed.

3. mia joy

mia joy New Member

And didn't they kiss on the lips after one of their LPs last season? Like, first thing after finishing the program?

4. julieann

julieann Well-Known Member

He kissed Maria on the ice before as well, not really indicative of anything.

5. volotrankov

volotrankov New Member

Well we can't compare both relationships, because with Tanya he has kissed her not just on the ice, as i read somewhere. And he sure didn't spend not even 5% of his time off-ice with Maria. And he does spend, i would say pretty much all the time off-ice with Tanya. Because with Tanya he sure spends a lot of time, like a lot of time. :lol:

6. julieann

julieann Well-Known Member

That's my point. Just because a skater kisses their partner on the ice or in the K&C doesn't make them a couple. How much 'off ice' time they spend together, if Volosozhar still with Morozov, if Trankov broke up with his girlfriend....until it's confirmed by the two of them, the official word is no.

7. quiqie

quiqie Well-Known Member

Actually, Trankov and Mukhortova used to date, at least when they won Junior Worlds, they were a couple off-ice.

8. volotrankov

volotrankov New Member

What? What about Alexandra? Max said he start dating her when he was 16. He said that in 2010.

Now i'm going to be honest, i'm one of the people that think Max and Tanya are lovers. All that time they spend together off-ice, is just too much time, and yes it includes vacation together and alone, etc.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2013
  9. quiqie

quiqie Well-Known Member

Maybe he did, I don't know, but at 22 he was dating Maria.

10. volotrankov

volotrankov New Member

Can i ask how do you know that? Did he said so?

11. ilovenyc

ilovenyc Member

It does seem like they are together all the time including vacations. They are a cute couple though :)

12. quiqie

quiqie Well-Known Member

:sekret: At the time, he wasn't asked for interviews as frequently as he is now.

13. skatefan

skatefan Well-Known Member

14. volotrankov

volotrankov New Member

Well never mind, that was ages ago :lol: Sorry for the question, i hope it was ok with you.

Now, and by now i mean since last year, to me he is dating Tanya, so if he was with Maria before, is ok :)

15. kittysk8ts

kittysk8ts Member

16. Shyjosie

Shyjosie Active Member

They dabbled! They. Dabbled. OMG they dabbled!
    There's nothing new I think they already confessed an adolecent crush on each other earlier, but this will finally prove all the die hard T/Dfans right who believe in the conspirational theory that they are deeply in love, have always been, will be forever, come what may, and they live happily ever after. They finally admitted it. They dabbled.
    Gracious :rolleyes:

Last edited: Feb 14, 2013
  17. electricpumpkin

electricpumpkin New Member

Are Steven Cousins & Elena Berezhnaya still together?

18. TheIronLady

TheIronLady New Member

No sex please we're British.

19. AndyWarhol

AndyWarhol Well-Known Member

:lol:

TheIronLady and (deleted member) like this.
  20. sk9tingfan

sk9tingfan Well-Known Member

This just popped up on Twitter:

Max Aaron‏@MaxTAaron

Woke up to these awesome cupcakes from my girl, @GraceEGold

http://instagram.com/p/WK-WuJI2Bc/

Will Gracie be moving to Colorado Springs and will Tom Zaracjek benefit? I hope not. He would be the antithesis of the coach that she needs moving forward.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2013
  21. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

Is Gracie even 18 yet? I wouldn't want my 17 year old dating a 21 year old!

Then again, how often do you think they actually see each other?

22. sk9tingfan

sk9tingfan Well-Known Member

Gracie will turn 18 on August 17th. As far as frequency is concerned, there's no better effective barrier to your concern than over 1,000 miles:p I guess they'll hang at Worlds and I'm sure that Gracie will be effectively chaperoned. :D

Then again, how much of this is a publicity stunt?

23. jessiesk8r

jessiesk8r New Member

Wrong thread.

24. pinky166

pinky166 Well-Known Member

Oh man, if Gracie and Max are actually dating :lol:

On the upside, their kids would be really great jumpers!!

25. Minou

Minou Member

The drive and focus (shadenfreude?) of these skaters is amazing. Boyfriend becomes coach, then partner becomes boyfriend; but the 3 all still work and travel together. And succeed. And again, vice versa with Mozorov and Ilinikh. I'm sure there are others.:shuffle:

26. Jammers

Jammers Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what the problem is. The age difference between Max and Gracie is about what it was for G/G. I'm sure at about the same age they shared a kiss or two also.

27. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

It isn't the age difference per se, but the stage of life they are in. If it was 19 and 23, it wouldn't be as odd to me.

28. Jammers

Jammers Well-Known Member

G/G got together at about the same age. As for whether they are a couple in the note Gracie says she's Max's girlfriend.

29. pinky166

pinky166 Well-Known Member

The age difference is less concerning when you take into consideration these are elite athletes who have lived very sheltered lives. Partying too much, doing drugs, getting pregnant, and suffering drunken injuries are all potentially career-ending in there effects. Idk if I were the parent of an Olympic hopeful athlete I wouldn't be too concerned about them making bad choices.

30. centerpt1

centerpt1 Active Member

Maybe it's only pre-Olympic fluff in the making. You know, to give media a Story line.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2013