How It Should Have Ended...

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Satellitegirl, Jul 28, 2010.

1. Satellitegirl

Satellitegirl New Member

2. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

The Twilight one is aces :lol:

3. John 3 17

John 3 17 Well-Known Member

LOTR, tho, doesn't quite work: how do the guys get to Sauron's Gate in the first place? It forgets that Sauron wasn't the only bad guy. They still needed to get through Saruman's strongholds... and he had bird spies, remember ;)

Even Wizard of Oz I couldn't help but think maybe only houses and water works with the witches, LOL!:lol: I mean, everyone was surprised that water worked and I always figured the Munchkins tried killing her. Still, it made me giggle!

I haven't seen any of the other movies they've done, tho.

-Bridget

4. danceronice

danceronice Corgi Wrangler

Twilight was priceless (and hit the nail on the head.)

LOTR--well, much as I hate many things about "Titanic" I've always said at least it was freakin' short by comparison--if I left the room for 45 minutes and came back the plot will have advanced more than five. The real way to shorten it would have been, though, CUTTING OUT ALL THE GRATUITOUS SLO-MO AND LINGERING CLOSEUPS OF PEOPLE'S EYES. That would have shaved two or three hours right there.

(Okay, and the biggest fan argument about why 'how it should have ended' wouldn't work which has been argued before is the Eagles don't jump in just for kicks and they aren't Air Middle-Earth. They pretty much only pick up Gandalf and later Frodo and Sam to be nice and because they owe him for something or other. They COULD in fact have just flown them to Mount Doom and Saruman couldn't have done a thing about it, and as the final battle shows the Nine's dragon-thingies weren't much of a match for them, but for purposes of advancing the plot Tolkien made the eagles @$$holes.)

5. Winnipeg

Winnipeg Well-Known Member

I must admit, the Twilight one was bang on..............although then there wouldn't be the sequels...............and she and Edward never would have had the half vampire half human child...............

6. michiruwater

michiruwater Well-Known Member

How is that an 'although'?? :p

7. John 3 17

John 3 17 Well-Known Member

But, by the end, when the eagles flew into to Mt. Doom to rescue Frodo and Sam, the Nazgul ("dragon-thingies", lol) were defeated since the ring and their power had already been destroyed. I don't think the eagles could've just flown into that territory so easily otherwise.

-Bridget

8. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

Trekkie that I am ... I just had to watch the Star Trek one. Got a chuckle.