House, MD season premiere tonight!

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Mozart, Sep 20, 2010.

1. Mozart

Mozart Well-Known Member

Who here is as excited as I am about the House premiere? I need more Hugh Laurie on my screen RIGHT NOW!

2. sk8pics

sk8pics Well-Known Member

Me! I'm psyched about the episode tonight.

3. Allskate

Allskate Well-Known Member

Me! I can't wait to see how they handle the new relationship between House and Cuddy.

4. ryanbfan

ryanbfan Active Member

I am so excited! Behind, but excited!

5. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

OH MY GOSH, House's face when Cuddy kissed the damaged part of his leg -- Emmy material right there.

ETA: Darn it, I KNEW they were going to try to shove Chase and that awful woman together! The relentless Mary Sue-ing continues . . . :rolleyes:

Last edited: Sep 21, 2010
  6. Mozart

Mozart Well-Known Member

ILOBEYOU lol just say it!

7. Mozart

Mozart Well-Known Member

OMG He finally said it!

8. Mozart

Mozart Well-Known Member

bye, bye 13....

9. Wyliefan

If only. They'll bring her back somehow or other.

10. Mozart

Mozart Well-Known Member

Someone said that Olivia Wilde is making a movie therefore she needs a little break.

The preview at the end looked exciting.

ETA I guess they had to set the season up with this lovey-dovey episode, but, hey, I didn't mind seeing House naked quite a bit lol!

11. ArtisticFan

ArtisticFan Well-Known Member

I DVR'd it. I can't wait to see it, but I have to get through DWTS first.

12. sk8pics

Meh, I didn't love it although there were moments that I loved. I thought the whole thing is out of character for Cuddy. Hugh was great, as usual.

I agree, the preview of the season actually looks awesome!

13. Allskate

Allskate Well-Known Member

I was thinking about that. But, Cuddy sometimes gets worn out and gives in to House, which is what she basically did here. But, I think there will be times in this relationship when she won't. Plus, this is a way to flesh out her character a little more. She mentioned that House was really screwed up, but she'd have to be pretty screwed up herself to be with him. I think there could be some great moments this season where we see how House's relationship with Cuddy impacts his relationship with Wilson. That was classic Wilson breaking into House's apartment last night.

14. Artemis@BC

Artemis@BC Well-Known Member

I pretty much loved it, set up so much stuff for this season. (Including Cuddy's new assistant -- could be lots of fun there.)

But the big question is ... will a happy House be as brilliant at his job?

15. LordCirque

LordCirque New Member

Am I the only one that likes 13? Apparently.

I was rather bored with this episode. It was what I feared this show would become if they put House and Cuddy together, the House and Cuddy show, with the hospital and patients as a back drop. And I thought the hospital plot line was rather weak, outside of the Chase/13 scenes.

I pretty much don't want House and Cuddy together for the same reason I don't want Bones and Booth together on Bones, it takes a lot of interest away from the actual stories of the show, and booth and Brennan together would not be handled as a nice side story to their work the way it was with Angela and Hodgens, it'd be front and center with the case work as a side show. Not what I want that show to become. And I just don't see it in Brennan's character to be with Booth. Same goes for Cuddy and House, it doesn't seem in character for either to want to be with the other.

16. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

Boo, I missed it. :(

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  17. Wyliefan

Nah. Some of the guys in my office do. When I pointed out some of the flaws in her personality, they said her personality had nothing to do with it. :lol:

18. LordCirque

LordCirque New Member

Well, I'm gay, so that has nothing to do with it either. I like her personality myself.

19. Wyliefan

To each his own, I guess. I find her full of herself, insufferably nosy, and a Mary Sue. She makes Cameron look good to me, and I never thought anyone could do that!

20. LordCirque

LordCirque New Member

I don't think she's a Mary Sue at all, I think people are way too quick to throw that word around in regards to female characters these days. But thats just me.

21. sk8pics

I think they had to spend some time on the House-Cuddy relationship given how they ended last season, but I'm hoping that will not become the main backdrop for the show. We'll know soon enough.

22. GarrAarghHrumph

GarrAarghHrumph I can kill you with my brain

I don't feel Cuddy is a "Mary Sue", but she does feel like a female character written by a bunch of guys. I just want to shake her. Or maybe the writers.

23. MarieM

MarieM Grumpy Cynical Ice Dance Lover

I hated that first episode with all my heart.
    At least one good thing : we're rid of 13 and I hope it's FOREVER !!

24. igniculus

igniculus Well-Known Member

Loved the first episode! :saint:

I like 13, but she has become way too snobbish for my taste. :blah: The expression on the face of House and Cuddy is very telling! And I agree, Wilson breaking in was priceless! :rofl:

25. DubbalinGirl

DubbalinGirl New Member

I finally watched ep. 1 after vacation. While it was everything I had hoped for for so long, I wonder if it will really work. Do they have staying power not as a couple but as a chemistry that keeps us coming back for more? And will the writers prevent it from becoming like how Frasier was after Niles/Daphne finally got together (ie: I stopped watching, it was that painful!)

26. Wyliefan

Wilson is ALWAYS priceless. :) More often than not, he's the best part of any episode.

27. LordCirque

LordCirque New Member

See, I don't see romantic chemistry between House and Cuddy at all. It's that bitter, I'm going to make you regret you are my boss/employee within in inch of your life chemistry they have. That antagonistic hate but still friends. But I've never seen more.

I saw more chemistry between Cameron and House than Cuddy and House romantically.

28. Mozart

Mozart Well-Known Member

New House is on right now

29. Wyliefan

Taub is a jerk.

30. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

I am on a mission to catch tonight's episode (or DVR it). Could someone please briefly fill me in on the 1st one (I did see House and Cuddy playing scrabble and that he spelled I LOBE YOU--was that a declaration of love?????)

And what happened to 13? Did she die of Huntington's?