Hot Boys with Balls: the Baseball 2013 thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by PrincessLeppard, Jan 2, 2013.

1. AragornElessar

AragornElessar Well-Known Member

2. AragornElessar

I'm sorry I don't have a link, but it was all over Twitter tonight, so...

Hall of Famer Stan "The Man" Musial has passed away according to several sources. Including Jays Sportsnet host Jamie Campbell, so he would know about stuff happening in Baseball.

My condolences to his fans, friends and Family. Rest in Peace Sir. :(

3. HeatherC

HeatherC Go Team SW Florida! =)

One of the greatest Orioles managers of all time, Earl Weaver, also passed away this weekend. Ironically, he died the day before the Orioles hosted their annual Fanfest celebration (died Friday and the celebration was yesterday) so fans got a bit of a shock if they attended the event and didn't check social media or the news before they got there. Definitely one of the sadder weekends in the baseball world. RIP Mr. Weaver and RIP Mr. Musial. :(

4. AragornElessar

Oh, I hadn't heard that we lost Earl this weekend too. Thanks for letting us know Heather, as w/Cdns, NHL, the Aussie Open and NFL Playoffs all being on this weekend, I haven't seen a newscast since 6pm EST Friday night.

Sigh...Nobody and I mean *nobody* could get into the face of an Ump for an argument like Earl Weaver could and did on several occasions. :) He will be missed and may he Rest In Peace. :(

5. Nan

Nan Just me

RIP Mr. Musial. My father was a die-hard Tigers fan but the ballplayer he spoke of with the most respect was Stan Musial. I had the pleasure of working with his nephew years ago when he was a student where I am employed.

6. HeatherC

WEEEEEEEEE!!!! I just found out that it's about 95% certain that Cincinnati is getting the All Star Game in 2015!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheer: :cheer2: :cheer: :cheer2:

I AM SO EXCITED FOR THIS NEWS!!! :biggrinbo (Sorry for the gushing but we're one of the only 'newish' ballparks left that hasn't hosted it yet. This is huge and awesome news for my city! :D)

7. AragornElessar

Congrats Heather!!! Going to a MLB All Star Game is one of my bucket list things. :)

8. AragornElessar

9. HeatherC

Well, the Superbowl is finally over so that can only mean one thing...

HAPPY BASEBALL SEASON EVERYONE!!!!!! :cheer: :rollin: :cheer2: :biggrinbo :respec: :D

10. Zemgirl

Zemgirl Well-Known Member

Yes, I'm ready for pitchers and catchers to report. :)

11. purple skates

purple skates Shadow dancing

Tigers re-signed Scherzer. :cheer2:

12. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Pink Bitch

Giants pitchers and catchers report on Tuesday. :cheer2:

eta: The Tigers would do better to sign some hotties. I noticed a distinct lack of hottness, which probably contributed to their poor showing in the World Series.

;)

13. PrincessLeppard

Tim Lincecum cut his hair.

I'll be over in the corner, sobbing. :fragile:

14. purple skates

purple skates Shadow dancing

:rofl:

Yay for spring training! :D

15. Lara

Lara Well-Known Member

Really? Boo. I liked that he stood out.

16. KHenry14

KHenry14 Well-Known Member

Word is that Timmy's girlfriend finally won out on the hair issue! :D

17. PrincessLeppard

WTF? She started dating him when he had long hair.

Now he looks 12. That's not hot.

18. KHenry14

KHenry14 Well-Known Member

The other word is that the Giants brass really like the influence this girl has on Timmy, no more In-n-Out animal style burgers by the bucket full for him!

19. peibeck

peibeck Letting Poje be on top

Maybe she got him to realize this isn't 1993? Or perhaps he got tired of people mistaking him as Shaggy from "Scooby Doo?" :p

20. PrincessLeppard

He looked good with long hair. :drama:

He does NOT look good now. :scream:

21. Zemgirl

He did not look good with long hair; it looked stringy and was unflattering.

After looking at recent pics, I think the problem isn't that it's short, just that it's not a very good haircut.

22. PrincessLeppard

When he was all sweaty, yes it was stringy. When he wasn't playing, it was :smokin:

23. HeatherC

Joey Votto reported to Reds camp yesterday and looks insanely good. :swoon: (His awesome butt is in midseason form too.... ;))

24. PrincessLeppard

The Giants won their first spring training game today. :) How did everyone else's teams do?

25. PrincessLeppard

So I'm talking to myself in here. All righty then. :p

The Giants have had three ties in spring training so far. Ties just seem so wrong in baseball.

Happy: I'm going to two Giants spring training games over Spring Break. One of them I will be sitting in the front row. :cheer2:

:wuzrobbed : Obviously, the Beard won't be there.

26. HeatherC

I've been sick all week and my younger Reds players keep giving up leads and wins for my Reds so I haven't felt like posting too much. The regular starters are all looking pretty strong so far though and all the pitchers who should make the team this spring are looking good too. Those youngsters are the ones who need some work. ;)

Joey Votto won the MLB Network Face of Baseball competition yesterday!!!! :D Reds fans might be a little insane and totally took over Twitter for the last few weeks but that's all right. I'll be insane for Joey! :swoon: I loved his answer when someone asked him what he got for winning this title, "I got to do a TV interview." LMAO :rofl: :lol:

27. Cloudy_Gumdrops

Cloudy_Gumdrops New Member

The Angels finally played their starters and kicked around the Dodgers yesterday.

I'm still afraid of the new pitchers.

28. PrincessLeppard

I'm happy anytime the Dodgers get kicked around. :)

I'm in Scottsdale. I caught a Giants/Mariners game yesterday, and today I saw the Giants play the Brewers.

It ended in a 0-0 tie. After ten innings. :rolleyes:

29. Zemgirl

Opening Day!!! :cheer2:

At least, I think it counts, even though Houston is kind of a AAA team these days...

30. alchemy void

alchemy void it's time for the perkolator

On my way to the Twins game!

29 degrees, sunny, wind chill is 19 in Minneapolis today :cheer: And I can't wait!

Hoping we can somehow score a runs vs. Verlander, we'll need them, with our pitching staff.