Homeland on Showtime

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by pixie cut, Sep 21, 2012.

1. pixie cut

pixie cut Well-Known Member

It could be explained in a number of ways. He had told Brody that he expected to die when they blew up at the bomb at the naval base, which was the plot that Brody helped foil. This makes a lot of sense because they were clearly expecting Nazir when they captured Roya and the others.
    He had told Brody after the naval base attack was done he would leave the country.
    He told Brody the whole plan, which could mean Brody was in on Carrie's kidnapping.

I do get the possibility that Brody thought that no matter how much he helped the CIA there would never be a clean slate for him. He knew full well someone -- be it Nazir's associates or someone within the CIA -- would stop him from truly having a second chance. He either didn't believe Carrie would leave the CIA for him or if she did she'd hate him for it. If he betrayed Nazir someone would harm Dana and Chris, so he felt he might as well do what was asked of him, die and save his kids.

Many possibilities to explore in season three.

2. Bostonfan

Bostonfan Well-Known Member

3. smurfy

smurfy Well-Known Member

I am so glad about Saul - I love that character - it is nice to have at least one solid person to rely on. Carrie - too in a way, but Saul is solid. Glad his wife is coming back.
    Can't wait for next season. Hope Abraham signs on.

4. *Jen*

*Jen* Well-Known Member

Okay, I have checked. You're right about the two cars in season 1 - I think the station wagon is Jessica's though, because she only drives that in season 2, and Brody only drives the SUV. He dropped Dana off in it, both after being interrogated by the CIA and after the tailor had been in it.

I'm fairly sure it's his car, and that's why he kept it when he moved out. It's definitely a new thing this season so perhaps it's attached to being a congressman. I don't know.

5. jenny12

jenny12 Well-Known Member

F Murray Abraham would definitely be a great addition. Would love to see scenes between him and Mandy Patinkin.

6. loulou

loulou Well-Known Member

I thought it was only natural for him to not say the CIA he prays muslim prayers. But of course this also can be read in different ways.

You're right.

I like Saul too. It seemed though as something is off with his wife. Expecially in their last phone call.

7. *Jen*

*Jen* Well-Known Member

The only issue I have with it as that Brody was a double agent and the CIA knew it. So why not say that he and Nazir had prayed together? The CIA may just have thought he was really good at the double agent thing. He held the information back for a reason, possibly just so the viewers would get confused and see both possibilities, that Brody is innocent and that he isn't :lol:

As for Saul's wife, I agree. It's like she said she was coming back, and he said yes please, and then she was like 'oh crap, I have to go back to my estranged husband, I was hoping he'd say no'.

Anyway, what was that thing about Carrie's mother? She left her father and hasn't reached out to her daughter ever since? Strange. I wonder if she's still alive or died years ago and Carrie has no idea.

8. smurfy

smurfy Well-Known Member

I think she the mother will show up next season?
    Also what is her career?

9. walei

walei Well-Known Member

My brother is convinced that Saul's wife is working for the terrorists :lol: His only reasoning is why would she film only a short scene in the finale...

10. pixie cut

It could be something as simple as setting up something for next season. Or it could be something much more involved. We'll see.

11. kittyjake5

kittyjake5 Well-Known Member

It has been so interesting reading through this thread. All the different scenarios that could happen in season 3 is just mind boggling.

Now I have to completely shift gears and get ready for season 3 of Downton Abbey on PBS.

12. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

Okay, I binge-watched the first season this past week. I *finally* am enjoying a tv show on cable. Now after two episodes of the second season, I have to make dinner, eat it, wash the dishes, take a shower, and get work done. But....

OMG, SAUL SAW THE VIDEO OF BRODY?!?!??! Carrie is gonna be vindicated AT LAST!!!!!! OMG!!!!

ETA: They captured Brody?!?!!?

ETA: That interrogation was intense (but no one asked if he put the razors in the food!)! But if Carrie and Brody get it on again, I swear to gawd...Jessica better skin them both and eat them!

ETA: OMG, is Galvez dead?!?! He better not be! And I love Mike and Lauder. And Virgil and his brother. Carrie needs to stop crying all the time. And the hit n run storyline needs to go away.

ETA: Ugh, Carrie and Brody F*(#)@ each other *again*. Is this gonna be an annual thing--where they have hot sex near a lake? Like the Thanksgiving episodes on Friends? Or when the Glee Club goes to Nationals? Because, ugh, HATE.

Last edited: May 30, 2014
  13. Japanfan

Japanfan Well-Known Member

Be patient. There's plenty of action between the sex scenes and circumstances convene to keep our star-crossed lovers apart.

14. pixie cut

Keep going. Each season provides its own unique ride.

Season four promises to be completely different again. They start filming in a week or two in a totally new location.

15. gkelly

gkelly Well-Known Member

I'll look forward to watching it in real time, having binge watched each of the earlier seasons in the past year.

16. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

I'm glad Galvez is alive and everything (and not the mole), but did I miss a scene where he was released from the hospital and back to work? Last I heard, Quinn told Saul that Galvez was closer to dying each day and then a few episodes later, Carrie think he's the mole and treats him like dirt yet again.

And Lauder disappeared midway through the season. Regardless of whether Mike would stop investigating the murder of Tom Wolff, Lauder would've joined up with some Truthers. I want more Lauder in the third season (I can actually see him thinking that Brody is actually innocent of the actual bombing)!

Meanwhile, the romance of Brody and Carrie grates beyond belief. I just hate it. so. much. It makes me hate each of them independently. I know there are the usual characters (even prominent ones, like Saul) who openly object to this pairing, but I don't buy for a second that the show is not wanting the audience to yearn for the two of them to have their happy ending together. Come on--"This is love."?!?!? This is BS!!! I also foresee a lot of scenes where Carrie cries.

It doesn't help that I always feel that Brody doesn't really love his kids (I mean, how many of Chris' karate/basketball/baseball/soccer matches did Brody *not* attend?). Had Abu Nazir kidnapped Chris or Dana, I bet Brody would've contemplated longer whether to have Walden killed or not. It's like in Brody's mind, it's Issa >>>>> Dana >> Poor Chris.

Yes, the hit n run storyline kinda bit, but I like Dana and the actress (although, I hope the victim's family got a lot of money--the poor daughter still can't afford a nanny?). I hope Dana HATES Carrie forever and ever, maybe even consider running her over. And Chris hates her too, but he's too nice.

Saul is such a great character. I want to be Saul when I grow up. I'm glad for his sake that Mira is back in his life (not sure how long).

Can't wait for the third season dvd set!