Homeland on Showtime

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by pixie cut, Sep 21, 2012.

1. kittyjake5

kittyjake5 Well-Known Member

Interesting, Quinn is a CIA asset (assassin). Brody lucked out that Azir was not captured. Only 3 more episodes to go.

2. walei

walei Well-Known Member

Pure speculation but from that crazy preview, I am thinking
    CIA wants to take out Carrie too to tie up all the lose ends.

3. kittyjake5

I was thinking along the same lines.

4. *Jen*

*Jen* Well-Known Member

The episode he was introduced in, when Carrie asked why, if he was an analyst who'd worked at Langley for 5 years, she'd never seen or heard of him. They tried to brush if off as her being in Beirut and Iraq, and then obsessed with Brody, but she didn't buy it and asked Virgil to check him out. Later, Saul asked too. I think it was after the hand stabbing thing.

5. loulou

loulou Well-Known Member

Oh my, I'm so slow, I hadn't thought anything like that.

Is it commonly known that CIA has assasins (and calls them assets)? I don't have much of a passion for the theme, but it's neews to me.

I was so stupid I thought Quinn stabbed Brody when he realized his interrogation wasn't being successful, and so he tried to introduce Carrie as the good cop to see if she could have better luck.

6. walei

walei Well-Known Member

Well that WAS his intention, Saul even commented on that to Quinn. Saul probably thought it was odd that an "analyst" would go this extreme and hardcore so he also wanted to know what his real deal was.

7. Oreo

Oreo Active Member

Okay, thanks, you're right. That makes sense. I think because this is on only once a week, it makes the plot timeline seem long, but it's not.

The season finale is going to be great.

8. loulou

loulou Well-Known Member

You're right: now I remember. So, not only I wasn't quick enough to pick up on the motives Quinn's story would seem akward to Saul and Carrie, but my initial perspective on the stabbing episode wan't even my idea, it was mentioned in the show. :duh:

9. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

That was a great episode. I guess they were going to kill Brody, then either pin it on the terrorists or out him as a terrorist and claim he got killed when he resisted arrest?

10. loulou

loulou Well-Known Member

Brody has so many dark areas in his life, that the CIA could even come up with no explanation at all, they could just let him disappear into thin air.

I wonder why the CIA would act upon killing Brody though.

11. pixie cut

pixie cut Well-Known Member

A) They don't trust him to stay loyal. B) They don't want it to be known they made a deal with him. C) He's too much trouble to protect after Nazir is killed. D) All of the above.

12. *Jen*

*Jen* Well-Known Member

I pick B. Making a deal with a terrorist...not something they want known. Also, he's a liability. He's volatile, uncontrollable, and brings out the worst in Carrie. I don't think the CIA care about that last bit though :lol:

13. pixie cut

I'd say you went with A and B. Since they will probably try to take Carrie out as well, I don't think they care what he brings out in her.

14. *Jen*

*Jen* Well-Known Member

Re-reading the options, you're right :)

15. Oreo

Oreo Active Member

Wow! I really liked the last 20 minutes of tonight's episode. That plot point with the vp I would have thought a possibility in the season closer--not right now. The next two shows are going to be terrific.

16. pixie cut

I'm still so shell shocked I cannot figure out what to say about it.

17. Eden

Eden Well-Known Member

You're getting close.
    But I would put it into a question of:

Who is working for the CIA?

As I have said in my previous post on this thread:

And if the things are taking the similar direction of the original version then you are going to be :eek::eek: big time.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  18. Eden

Eden Well-Known Member

19. Bostonfan

Bostonfan Well-Known Member

He signed a 5 year contract, so if he's "out of the show", it's probably temporary.

20. pixie cut

The chemistry between Carrie and Brody is at the core of the show. In TV land that doesn't mean either of them are sure things to remain, but it's a solid guess they are both on the show for a while to come. Damian Lewis also dropped possible hints on the Ellen Degeneres show, but my guess is he isn't saying anything near to what's actually going to happen.

Also, while Estes is working for the CIA he's also looking out for self interest. It's in his best interest Brody and the facts he knows disappear. So there's the question of who the traitor is and then there's the notion of someone who's not necessarily a traitor but is very self motivated.

21. kittyjake5

Just caught up on Sunday's show and I am more confused than ever. I hope Saul is not the traitor cuz I like his character a lot.
    I was starting to soften towards Brody but the killing scene with Brody and the VP snapped me out of it. It was intense. :eek:

22. pixie cut

I have a new theory on who the traitor is. Truly someone you'd least expect. Wonder if my theory will be answered tonight. :)

23. Oreo

Oreo Active Member

Around the Internet they say it's
    Galvez

24. pixie cut

That seems very obvious and has since last season...almost too obvious.
    The fact that he reappeared when Carrie went missing after supposedly being near dead is too obvious.

25. Eden

Eden Well-Known Member

Since Abu Nazir is dead or supposedly dead, here is what happens in the Israeli version:
    Jamal- who is the Abu Nazir in Hatufim/POW was a Mossad agent.
    He dies from cancer and one of the IDF soldiers, who was considered dead, is in charge after Jamal's death.
    That is why I keep on posting here that the question, that should be asked, is:
    Who is working for the CIA and not who is the traitor.

26. pixie cut

My guess is Mike Faber and a couple of comments last night reinforced my guess. First, when Dana brought him up. Second, when Brody said to Jessica in the car, "We were f'ed the second I left for Iraq." Mike was Brody's commanding officer. Something no one has ever said is that it's pretty implausible for an officer to be best friends with an enlisted man, but maybe that's a plot point. As Brody and Walker's commanding officer he would have known when they were most vulnerable to be captured. He would also know their strengths -- Walker was a near perfect shot -- and he'd know their weaknesses. If she was in love with Jessica from afar, he'd know with Brody out of the way he stood a chance. At present, he works in military intelligence, so he has access to lots of classified, secret info. I could be totally wrong, but he is someone who seems totally not among those you'd consider, but yet very possible.

As for who is the mole at the CIA, I don't know. My guess is Virgil and/or his nephew. Virgil is former CIA. He still has access to do all these various jobs and he has Carrie's absolute trust.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
  27. Bostonfan

Bostonfan Well-Known Member

I loved the scene in the car between Brody and Jess. So simple, but effective. I wondered how much of the truth he was going to share with her.

The way they filmed the search for Nazir in the tunnels was so effective - the cinematography, music, the use of light (or lack thereof) etc - I felt like I was there and I was truly holding my breath wondering if Nazir was going to jump out of the shadows. It was better filmed than most scary moves that are trying to scare you but fail.

28. pixie cut

I've been reading recaps and opinions of the episode online and even critics who don't like many aspects of the storyline love this scene.

29. smurfy

smurfy Well-Known Member

ITA.
    Carrie's reaction to Nazir's death was handled very well. She needs to see him to believe it, what she has worked on for over a decade and the little smile as the van closed up.
    I like how Peter believes in Carrie. Depending on what happens with Quinn's wife - hey Carrie - Quinn is cute and more stable!!
    Loved how Roya totally called out Carrie.
    Estes - is bringing down Saul - which makes him a bad guy. But Estes was pretty decent to Carrie and acknowledging her work.
    I just don't see how Brody can remain on the show. He will be killed by Quinn I assume. If he is not - based on what goes down with Saul and Estes - others will learn about Brody. I hope they don't ruin the show keeping him alive and with Carrie.
    I assume the only way Carrie's character has a future in the CIA is without Brody.
    Let the story flow, and don't just keep amazing actors/characters around for the wrong reason.

Loved the preview for next week where Saul says to Carrie (paraphrasing) 'you are the smartest and dumbest person...'
    I think it would be a good show with Saul/Quinn/F Murray Abraham / Virgil, Carrie and get rid of Estes??

30. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

I have no idea what direction they'll take the show next season.