Home reno/redecorating support group

Kruss

Not Auto-Tuned
Ordered a new couch and chair for the living room. Got a great deal with each piece being 1/2 off, and then another $225 knocked off the price of the entire order. It was supposed to take a month, but they've already called me to set up a delivery (I ordered it this past Tuesday evening). Now all I need to do is to get my present set to my mother's home and I can have these delivered.

Cupid

I had Lazy Boy Showcase design my family room - gave them my budget ($5,000) and they came in almost double that! So I just ordered the sofa, loveseat, and pillows to the tune of $3,000+. Thinking of starting a Go Fund Me page for myself, "Make Cupid's Dream Family Room Come True".

quartz

scratching at the light
My area rug has arrived 2 weeks early. It's a little more blue than the pictures showed, which is fine because I was going to pull the blues out for my paint color anyways. Now I will be playing with paint chips all night. :cheer2:
I was thinking for the past week that I was forgetting to tell my husband something, and when the delivery guy came this morning with the rug, I realized that's what it was! So, when he comes home it'll be, oh hey, look what I got today! Oops.

quartz

scratching at the light
Almost settled on the right blue paint color, which I would describe as a nice cross between a robins egg blue, and a sky blue. Still debating whether to do a deeper blue on the fireplace wall and archway between the living and dining rooms. Thoughts??

Now the entry way is also part of the makeover. (Haha) The husband ripped up the 1950's fugly old lady linoleum floor. Looks like the original floor underneath (1939) was 9"x9" tile, as you can see the outlines. Which is interesting as I am thinking of putting 8"x8" tiles down.

Showed my husband some nice but rather plain tiles. He said, I was thinking of something more than that. (Uh huh) So then, I showed him the tiles I really want, and he was like Wow! Those are awesome! (Yep)
Always show your man something lesser than so that he is meh and unenthusiastic. Then bring out the number one choice, and the comparison to the bland and boring choice is so great, of course he's going to love it! :encore:

vesperholly

@Kruss gorgeous couch!! Mind sharing where it's from (or PM)?

I'm going to pay a lot more attention to this thread because I bought a house! I don't move in until the end of October, but I'm excited to have a larger space and decorate all new spaces. :D Currently I'm in a 810 sqft 2BR/1BA condo, going to 1300 sqft 3BR/1.5BA with a basement, garage and yard.

Kruss

Not Auto-Tuned
@Kruss gorgeous couch!! Mind sharing where it's from (or PM)?

Thank you!! I got it at Darvin Furniture (Orland Park, Illinois). Anyone in the area should check them out. Both pieces were on sale for 1/2 off, then I got another $225 off the order. Their sales are amazing.

The set is from Broyhill Furniture. I now have four of their pieces and I am so happy with all of them. From two years ago, here's my dresser and here's a chair and ottoman that I got for my bedroom.

Congrats on your new home!!! That's so exciting!

vesperholly

Thank you!! I got it at Darvin Furniture (Orland Park, Illinois). Anyone in the area should check them out. Both pieces were on sale for 1/2 off, then I got another $225 off the order. Their sales are amazing.

The set is from Broyhill Furniture. I now have four of their pieces and I am so happy with all of them. From two years ago, here's my dresser and here's a chair and ottoman that I got for my bedroom.

Congrats on your new home!!! That's so exciting!
Thanks!! I'm having a grand time shopping for all the rooms and planning colors. Haven't actually bought anything yet - paying for it won't be as fun :lol: I really like this rug but unfortunately I don't know what size to get it in. The living room isn't huge but I don't have measurements. Tentative colors are gray, warm yellow and teal/blues. I also found a gas range and fridge that I really like, and the store will take a $100 deposit and not deliver until I need it. Still have to price shop though. I decided to leave all my appliances because they're 8 years old already and it'll be a good selling point.

No wonder I like your sofa. It looks a lot like mine (which does not have the weird white piping)! I would have preferred 3 pillows but it only came in 2.

flyingsit

Can you go back to the new house and take some measurements, etc.? Hopefully the seller would be OK with that, I certainly was when we sold our house last year. The buyer came back a couple of times for various reasons.

For the living room rug, my recommendation is to go about two feet shorter than the length/width of the room, so you'll have a foot of floor showing all the way around.

quartz

scratching at the light
Does the real estate listing not give room dimensions, @vesperholly? Here, all that information is given both online and on the rap sheet that the agents hand out at open houses.

Cupid

Okay, if my furniture I ordered is a deep wine color, with pillows in a bright green and wine print, what color window panels should I get? My walls are a light mocha and the carpet is beige. I'm thinking either a deep wine to match the sofa and loveseat, or a mocha to match the walls - not sure if I want to go with the green as it is kinda bright

quartz

scratching at the light
Okay, if my furniture I ordered is a deep wine color, with pillows in a bright green and wine print, what color window panels should I get? My walls are a light mocha and the carpet is beige. I'm thinking either a deep wine to match the sofa and loveseat, or a mocha to match the walls - not sure if I want to go with the green as it is kinda bright
Well, you can never go wrong with more wine!!:nopryde:

If you want your windows to stand out, I would go with the wine to contrast with the mocha walls. If you want a more streamlined look, then go for the mocha.

Cupid

I eventually want to replace my painting over the fireplace that depicts a lighthouse on the shore with something else. My colors in the room will be deep wine colored sofa and loveseat with accenting pillows of bright green, brown, and wine. The walls are a light mocha and the carpeting is beige. The fire place has a mantle and frame with white painted wood. The tables will be a dark to medium brown.

Was thinking of maybe a painting depicting vineyards or something along those lines as I realize my house is beginning to have a wine theme.

Any good places where I could check out in person things for over the fireplace?

Kruss

Not Auto-Tuned
Thanks!! I'm having a grand time shopping for all the rooms and planning colors. Haven't actually bought anything yet - paying for it won't be as fun :lol: I really like this rug but unfortunately I don't know what size to get it in. The living room isn't huge but I don't have measurements. Tentative colors are gray, warm yellow and teal/blues. I also found a gas range and fridge that I really like, and the store will take a $100 deposit and not deliver until I need it. Still have to price shop though. I decided to leave all my appliances because they're 8 years old already and it'll be a good selling point.

No wonder I like your sofa. It looks a lot like mine (which does not have the weird white piping)! I would have preferred 3 pillows but it only came in 2.

I love your couch and I lovelovelove that rug!!!! That would go perfectly in my living room!

vesperholly

Does the real estate listing not give room dimensions, @vesperholly? Here, all that information is given both online and on the rap sheet that the agents hand out at open houses.
Found it - MLS app wouldn't show because it's pending sale, but my agent's MLS search website had it. LR is 10x16, so I'm thinking an 8x10 rug? That 16' measurement includes a "walk in" area where the front door opens. Unfortunately the 8x10 of the Pier 1 rug I like is double the cost of the 5x8 ... sheesh. Sure I can't get away with 5x8??? :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information