Holocaust-Nazi Ghettos and Camps Much Higher Than Ever Believed

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Eden, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Eden

Eden Well-Known Member

Denying the Nazi Holocaust of Jews became more difficult this week after researchers released a report that they cataloged a shocking six times more Nazi camps and ghettos than expected in a 13-year study.
    The documented 42,500 camps include not only “killing centers” but also thousands of forced labor camps, where prisoners manufactured war supplies; prisoner-of-war camps; sites euphemistically named “care” centers, where pregnant women were forced to have abortions or their babies were killed after birth; and brothels, where women were coerced into having sex with German military personnel.

According to The New York Post the new figure shocked even Holocaust scholars. Researchers from the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum previewed the findings at an academic forum in late January in Washington.

It is believed that the newly discovered ghettos and camps imprisoned or killed between 15 to 20 million people, six million of them were killed only because they belonged to the Jewish religion.

The now documented 42,500 Nazi ghettos and camps existed throughout Europe, far too many for Germans to not have known, as they claimed during the Nuremberg trials, and far too many for today's Holocaust Deniers to refute.

Holocaust deniers claim that Jews needed the “Holocaust myth” to extract huge payments in restitution from Germany and to justify the establishment of the State of Israel, according to the Holocaust Museum. With the new research report, the deniers' claims just became more odious.
  2. TygerLily

TygerLily Well-Known Member

3. taf2002

taf2002 Texas slumlord

A lot of people don't let facts get in the way of what they want to believe. You will never get 100% of the population to admit the Holocaust really happened.
  4. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Pink Bitch

In my Literature of the Holocaust class, I teach a section on deniers. While I'm sure there are some people out there who genuinely don't think the Holocaust happened, I think most of the deniers are just anti-Semitic and don't want to have to feel sympathy for the Jews.

I am using this article in class tomorrow.
  5. smileyskate

smileyskate New Member

I very recently heard about this and appreciate the link.
    I saw a documentary recently of some home video showing Germans in a huge stadium cheering like crazy for Hitler very early as he started his government reign (of terror).
  6. skipaway

skipaway Well-Known Member

We were shown Night and Fog in our high school history class. It really made a huge impression.
  7. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Thank you so much for sharing.
  8. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

These new revelations aren't surprising, unfortunately.