Holiday Dreams On Ice show in Flint, MI

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by TanithandBenFan, Nov 22, 2010.

1. TanithandBenFan

TanithandBenFan U.S. Ice Dance Junkie

Holiday Dreams On Ice show

December 11 7:00pm at the Perani Arena and Event Center

Skaters listed as performing:

Johnny Weir
    Ashley Wagner
    Chock/Zuerlein
    Shibutanis
    Hubbells
  2. Coco

Coco Well-Known Member

that's a great lineup!
  3. YukiNieve

YukiNieve Active Member

Armin will be there too!
    Gypsy and (deleted member) like this.
  4. Sylvia

Sylvia Whee, summer club comps!

Agnes Zawadzki and Hannah Miller (from Lansing, MI) have been added as well. :) Miller was the highest scoring Novice lady in the U.S. at Sectionals (131.24) last month.
  5. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

From Johnny's twitter:

Get your tickets for my show next week holidaydreamsonice.com. I WILL be premiering my single, "Dirty Love" during the show!
    about 3 hours ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®
  6. purple skates

purple skates Shadow dancing

Looks like I'm going. A friend is getting tickets so I don't know where the seats are yet.

It's great that they're doing this in Flint - that is one depressed area and any little bit helps those folks!
  7. Theatregirl1122

Theatregirl1122 Well-Known Member

If it weren't for the fact that I have finals starting after that weekend, I'd totally being trying to bum a ride off of you. ;)
  8. luCN

luCN New Member

will he sing the song,or will he skate to it,or skate and sing at the same time? :biggrinbo
  9. REO

REO New Member

I would imagine just skate. Someone better tape this puppy. I'm dying to hear his song. lol
  10. purple skates

You'd have to come to a family party too because that's where I'll be before I skip out early to go to Flint. :lol:
  11. Sylvia

12. REO

REO New Member

Nice article. Thanks Sylvia. OMG He IS going to sing! How I wish there was such a thing as teleportation. lol
  13. luCN

luCN New Member

14. REO

REO New Member

Thanks LuCN!!! It sounds pretty good!
  15. alilou

alilou Crazy Stalker Lady

16. luCN

luCN New Member

OMG,where is Tara???:mad: Johnny just tweet don't buy his song on Amazone blahblah.:duh:He sounds like don't know these preview clip of the song appear on Amazone or other site at all! :duh::duh::duh:As a manager,Tara should know that.Hasn't she ever told him???It really made him like a nerd!It should be a happy thing. WTF:mad::mad::mad:
  17. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Reviews???
  18. purple skates

I didn't end up going. Too many obligations at home yesterday.
  19. igniculus

igniculus Well-Known Member

I guess this is from the show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t98yzl7f6YY

I have a funny feeling, I'm kinda afraid to watch it. Is he singing live or is it just lip-synched?

I liked thre preview on amazon, though...
  20. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

He's lipsynching, hard to skate and sing at the same time.
  21. greengal5874

greengal5874 New Member

Actually he did both.- There was full backing vocals but Johnny's mike WAS on & he did sing, too for around 75%. Wasn't too bad. We had front row seats!!! This was a VERY small venue, fabulous place to watch skating.

Started with Johnny's skating to a classical piece , theninto his singing his new song. Thought it had a catchy beat. He also performed Bad Romance, and Ave Maria (to close the show). His triples looked good & he looked to be in great shape. Got to meet him afterwards & get an autograph & pic, he was VERY friendly & gracious to all of his fans. He had some fabulous new extensions that he woar in his hair for Bad Romance- plus a net thing over his face. I explained to my non ice skating fan friends, 'He's like a male Lady Gaga on ice.' They got it then.

Ashley performed 2 numbers, 1 was Christina Aguilara, "ain't no other man.' Don't remember the other, but her jumps were solid & she skated with good speed. I have saw her skate before & she has really improved in her performance/artistic quality & looked very polished.

Agnes also did 2 programs, one was her short program-I believe- she had a fall in that one. She was nice to watch & her jumps were very high in the air for a female! She isn't completely 'ungreen' compared to Ashley, but sure it will come in time.

Armin was cute to watch & had a bad head over heels fall during his second number (which we think was due to the rut in the ice from the hockey race that they had prior) it was out of the blue. He looked really happy to be in the show.

Brandon Mroz was added at the last minute, insert in the program.
    Brandon had the girls screaming & landed a bunch of big triples, including a triple axel. His 'Grease' program was very well recieved. My friends thought he was hot & he did a lot of winking/eyebrows,plaing the crowd, etc. It looks like Ryan Bradley has rubbed off on him & that is a good thing!! I have seen Brandon skate 3 other times, but he is WAY more enjoyable to watch now.

Chock & Zuerlin did a number to Cabernet and Romeo & Juliet. They were very pleasant to watch & Madison is just beautiful. Even my friends thought that she was breathtaking. She is a gorgeous skater. I really liked them & it was great to watch.

No Hubbells- maybe that's why Brandon..? Cute group numbers with local skaters, Santa, elves, 2 synchronized skating numbers- 1 Jr, 1 Novice- all very entertaining.

The last group number had all of the headliners & was set to a mix up of Christmas songs with a disco beat & really was awesome! I bet if Johnny had his own show it would be something like that.

All in all a GREAT show for the super cheap price!! Was sad that it didn't sell out, but they didn't even advertise it until the week before in the area , and if it would have been advertised longer, I'm confident it would have been sold out.

I felt very lucky to attend this, as I live in a suburb of the Flint area. I've traveled much farther to see skating!!
  22. luCN

luCN New Member

thank you for your repo!just watch the video on the first page....what can I say....it's not as bad as I thought,but still very strange...He should just dance on the stage with dancers while sing the song,or choreograph a whole skating number of the song...Now he stand on the ice and did lip synch made it...o(╯□╰)o
  23. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Wow, that's much better than I anticipated - you can actually hear his voice, and it's not bad at all. :)
  24. Sylvia