Hoffman/Zavozin

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by blue_idealist, Jul 8, 2011.

1. blue_idealist

blue_idealist Well-Known Member

I decided to put this in here instead of the trash can, since it is a legit question. Anyway, it was rumoured in another thread that Hoffman and Zavozin are retiring from amateur skating. Does anyone have any information on this? I haven't seen an official announcement or anythong of that sort, so I'm hoping it's not true. Thanks!

2. Carmen Ovsiannikov

Carmen Ovsiannikov Well-Known Member

I haven't heard anything about that myself. However, the way things are going this season it wouldn't surprise me if it were true.

That does make me wonder about Nora. When she teamed with Attila Elek she drew a lot of positive comments here on FSU. I recall reading posts suggesting that if she could find a more equal partner that "Diva Nora" might go farther than she has/had. I wonder now if I misinterpreted the comments and that rather than referring to her overall skill and promise as an icedancer those posters were referring more to her personality and on ice style (interpretive skills).

Of course to be fair, injuries and illnesses don't exactly help either.

Cheylana and (deleted member) like this.
  3. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I

It was brought up in an article from the Russian press about Khoklova/Andreev, which said they would be chosen as alternates if the rumors about the break-ups of H/Z and M/N to be true.

Cheylana and (deleted member) like this.
  4. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Hoffmann/Japaridze would be a nice fantasy partnership, I think.

(Obviously not gonna happen for all the obvious reasons)

On a more serious note, is there anybody out there available for her if Zavozin really did quit?

5. Ladida

Ladida Member

Is Japaridze back with Allison Reed? I saw that she removed her profile from icepartner search.

6. Finnice

Finnice Well-Known Member

It would be sooo:swoon: and :glamor:
    But it is only a fantasy, though.

7. oubik

oubik Well-Known Member

Mysliveckova, it would be double diva fantasy and Hoffmann was able to lift Elek before so it would be even easy for her top lift Lucie. :rofl:

8. Yvy

Yvy New Member

I was also wondering for that particular reason. Kiskacat seems to know. Hope he(she) comes and clarifies the situation.

9. Ladida

Ladida Member

10. Yvy

Yvy New Member

I saw that too but I find it hard to believe they will be skating. Looks like he was giving her a skating class. The difference in level is far too obvious...

11. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I

The title of the video says it's a USFS Gold Test. He might just be skating with her for her tests.

12. Ladida

Ladida Member

I didn't mean that he is going to compete with her since she is probably around 12 years old. I'm just happy to see Japaridze skating so I posted.:summer: