Hitler Had A Son w/Frenchwoman

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Rex, Feb 21, 2012.

1. milanessa

milanessa engaged to dupa

2. cruisin

cruisin Well-Known Member

The architectural paintings are some of the better ones. The perspective is very good. Again, feeling creepy about saying something this evil monster did was good.

3. Cachoo

Cachoo Well-Known Member

He could have gone another way. He could have been good. He made the choice.

4. DickButtonFan

DickButtonFan New Member

I think his paintings look depressing, he had good technique but there is no real happiness there. There are people in some of them but they don't interact or look happy. The buildings are the focus.

5. MacMadame

MacMadame Cat Lady-in-Training

If they are architectural paintings, the buildings are supposed to be the focus.

6. Coco

Coco Well-Known Member

It's important to remember that he couldn't have perpetrated everything he did before the invasions and the war without the help of hundreds if not thousands of people. I think the desire to portray Hitler as almost inhuman is motivated by a need to separate him from "us."

7. danceronice

danceronice Corgi Wrangler

I was thinking of another word, a la the song, as in "Hitler has only got one..." It has to rhyme with small.

And I think the art professor is being a bit ridiculous. Did he also think Winston Churchill hated cities as he mostly painted landscapes? There's an art show for you, the Churchill versus Hitler watercolor smackdown. (I think the summation is probably "they were both better off going into politics.")

8. Anita18

Anita18 Well-Known Member

Have you seen environmental design students show their work? :lol: It's just like that - there are people to show scale, but they're only portrayed to have rudimentary interaction with each other. The building IS the focus.

I'm quite sure none of them will grow up to dictators that kill millions of people because there are no people in their work. :eek:

It is as it always is - nothing is ever black and white when it comes to human beings. I feel quite comfortable in saying that Hitler was a great architectural artist and an evil bastard.

That's what some art scholars do. :lol: