Hicks, Siraj, Miller, and Wang in 2013-14 - GP or JGP?

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by haribobo, Jan 27, 2013.

1. haribobo

haribobo Well-Known Member

Here's where things stand currently (pre- Euros SB ranking)

Yasmin Siraj- no ISU score this season
    Courtney Hicks SB27
    Angela Wang SB18
    Hannah Miller SB14

Of course junior worlds could change things a lot for Hicks and Siraj. I tend to think Hicks as a podium finisher will be bumped up to senior either way. Siraj, young as she is, has been around forever and it seems time for her to move up. Miller and Wang are newer and finishing 9th and 10th I imagine them going back to JGP, but their top 24 SB score makes it tempting to move up. Not sure how much of it is their decision vs. USFS.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
  2. jlai

jlai Title-less

I'm shocked you haven't started a poll on junior world selection yet. :p
    Like you said, much will depend on jr world, and let's see who gets picked. I'm devastated fro Wang, who is likely not going, despite being just as deserving.

3. vexlak

vexlak Member

http://www.usfsa.org/Story.asp?id=48908&type=media

How will Yasmin and Samantha get their points remains to be interesting.
    The only ISU junior competitions that are held before the JW are Obersdorf, Ljubljana, Vienna, however all competitors deadlines were closed before US nationals.

4. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

Both Cesario & Siraj have the required minimums. Siraj got hers last year.

5. vexlak

vexlak Member

You are correct.
    I am sorry I was wrong.

6. Jammers

Jammers Well-Known Member

I really think Wang should go to Jr Worlds Nationals results be damned. Yasmin hasn't even skated on the JGP this year while Wang had a good year. Plus i see way more potential in Wang down the road then Siraj who's jumps are still rather small.

7. pinky166

pinky166 Well-Known Member

I agree but I think if they sent Wang they'd have to send Miller too, and that would mean one of Courtney, Samantha, or Christina would get chalked which really isn't fair and Siraj would also get nothing despite doing so well at Nationals and not having any fall internationals. I think it's really just less controversial to avoid sending Wang and Miller. Notice also that injured Leah Keiser is the 3rd alternate instead of Barbie Long - again likely because USFS didn't want to have to pick between Edmunds, Bell, and Long so they just didn't pick any. It's dumb in principle, but Hannah beat Angela at the JGPF by a fair margin, so skipping over her to send Wang who beat her by about a point at Nationals could be controversial. IDK. I thought they both should have gone, honestly, and Hicks sent to 4CC instead of Gold so the wealth gets spread around more and Gracie has more time to train for Worlds. But oh well.