Here They Are - The World's Most Expensive Shoes!

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by nubka, Apr 14, 2011.

1. nubka

nubka Well-Known Member

2. MikiAndoFan#1

MikiAndoFan#1 Well-Known Member

:eek: I wouldn't expect anyone to spend that amount of money just for a pair of shoes! Besides, I think they're hideous. :shuffle:

3. agalisgv

agalisgv Well-Known Member

That's quite the guarantee.

I thought they were pretty, but walking on molded metal with metal, jewel-encrusts straps doesn't strike me as terribly comfortable.

4. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Pink Bitch

Meh. I have a similar pain, in pink. Much cuter. And within my budget. (sort of :shuffle: )

eta: Pair, not pain! Though they aren't comfortable. Because every time you wear comfortable shoes, a kitten cries.

taf2002 and (deleted member) like this.
  5. taf2002

taf2002 Texas slumlord

I think those shoes are gorgeous. But they don't look comfortable. BTW, how can gold & diamonds look hideous?

6. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

I think they are quite pretty, although the gold is a bit wasted, as you won't be able to see it.

I doubt they come in my size though...

7. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

I used to have a similar pair that had rhinestones just across the front. Not all over. They were a pain!!!! And some of the rhinestones fell out eventually. I hope these are very secure.

Didn't Trista of the Bachelorette have diamond encrusted shoes for her ABC sponsored wedding.

8. *Jen*

*Jen* Well-Known Member

I could buy myself a small flat for that sum of money :shuffle:

9. KCC

KCC Active Member

Diamonds on the soles of her shoes..... a song on a mix tape that an old friend made for me. I played a lot it while driving. The memories made me smile. As for the shoes, I think they are pretty, but can't see how metal can be comfortable.

10. AxelAnnie

AxelAnnie Well-Known Member

WOW! They would be fabulous if all you did was sit, and swing one leg or something.
    Wouldn't want to have to actually walk in them.

11. Badams

Badams Well-Known Member

I think they are gorgeous! I'm sure they aren't my size either. :lol: But if I owned them, I'd wear them on my hands or around my neck or on my belt...

12. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

I think gold is ugly, and never wear any. Silver, OTOH, is beautiful. Diamonds are sparkly and fun but design is more important than quantity. There are plenty of very $$$$$ pieces of jewelry with diamonds that I think are hideous.

Agree with those who think the shoes look uncomfortable - the heel is quite high, but the sole has no give. Also, that heel, while an interesting design, looks fragile so I imagine there's a weight limit on who can wear a pair of these. A very low weight limit.

13. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

I love them although I would prefer them if they were a little higher in the front. I dont like the way it feels if my foot is that close to the ground. I think I would also prefer them in a silver metal.

14. *Jen*

*Jen* Well-Known Member

I agree that diamond jewellery can sometimes look hideous - but I disagree about silver. I never, ever wear it. I think it depends on your skin tone, but on me, it's not a good look at all. It's gold or nothing.

15. Cloudy_Gumdrops

Cloudy_Gumdrops New Member

The shoes aren't bad looking I guess, but it'd be insane to pay that much for a pair of heels.

I have one pair of gold hoops and those were a middle school graduation gift. All of the rest of my jewelry is silver. In general, I think gold is rather ugly.

I think I'm one of the few women in the world who doesn't go all gaga over diamonds. I much prefer colorful stones.

16. LilJen

LilJen Well-Known Member

Cinderella would've sustained a severe ankle sprain and never met Prince Charming if her Fairy Godmother had outfitted her with those.

17. genegri

genegri Active Member

I have a pair of Nine West which set me back $20 and look pretty similar (to me anyway).

Gold is a very soft metal, so are they strong enough? And those shiny soles seem very slippery and not all that comfortable.

18. milanessa

milanessa engaged to dupa

I'll bet the fine print says the guarantee is only for the original owner. ;)

19. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

I've seen tons of shoes that look just like this minus the real gold/diamond/etc. How dumb.

20. mila19

mila19 New Member

Well, it's not dumb, it's just more like a collection item IMO. I remember Laura Elena Harring wore a pair of diamond encrusted sandals for an Oscar night back when "Mullholland Drive" created a big buzz.
    I can see they are not something you'd use to go buy some milk(I wouldn't wer heel to buy milk to begin with unlike PL :p) nor are they probably comfortable but I can also see a Sheikh buy them to his beloved wife or fiancè, or one of them at least. I have a pair of Beverly Feldman which have a silver/goldish lining and 2 transparent straps encrusted with Swarovski crystals which look a bit like that pair. They reminded me of Cindarella so I bought them and wore them just once, for a wedding. They hurt my feet like hell, blisters and all but they are oh so pretty :glamor:

21. nubka

nubka Well-Known Member

That's true about the skin tone. While I do like gold, it makes my skin looks sallow, so I usually wear silver or platinum.

22. AliasJohnDoe

AliasJohnDoe Spin Alissa Spin!!!

And to think, the money put into this pair of shoes for some rich glutton could have fed a poor family of 4 somewhere in the world for the rest of their lives. I find it as disgusting and frivolous as that diamond encrusted bra everyone was going gaga over years ago.

23. MikiAndoFan#1

MikiAndoFan#1 Well-Known Member

This.

24. myhoneyhoney

myhoneyhoney Well-Known Member

I like the style but I HATE the gold, makes it look absolutely gaudy. Platinum or even a brushed stainless steel would make it look better.

25. Tinami Amori

Tinami Amori Well-Known Member

Hers were wearable, the parts that touched the skin were out of leather.
    http://www.kwiat.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Shoe-resized-600.png

The shoes in question are all metal. These are "blister-land" shoes for the "Story of O" set....:)

26. KatieC

KatieC Well-Known Member

I think they're very pretty. Having said that, I wouldn't wear them, as I don't wear anything that isn't comfortable. I wish I could wear heals, but I can't, so I admire and save my money. :)

27. skipaway

skipaway Well-Known Member

With my size 10 feet, I'm sure the price would be even high. :lol: