1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Healthy homemade granola recipes?

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by lise, Aug 10, 2011.

1. lise

lise Well-Known Member

Hi everyone!

I am looking for recipes for homemade granola. My husband picked up a package at a local farmer's market but we ran out! Between he and I and the $4 package, it can easily get to be an expensive treat.

I was wondering if anyone here would have any recipes that are healthy. I would love to be able to make it at home instead of paying so much for a small bag.

Thanks in advance!

2. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

Is there such a thing? Sure you can add in raw almonds, dried fruits, leave out the extra sugar and chocolate chips, etc., but all granolas are fattening.

3. myhoneyhoney

myhoneyhoney Well-Known Member

I usethis granola bar recipe as a guide. I usually stick with 3 cups of regular old oatmeal and then a total of 3 cups of what ever mix of nuts/dried fruits/chocolate chips I want. I also add in 2 scoops of whey protein powder and a little bit of milk. Is this the kind of recipe you're looking for?

4. DAngel

DAngel Well-Known Member

5. lise

lise Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone! i like to have a bit for breakfast and as a recovery for after my workouts. I'm looking for one with low sugar and no/or no oil.

6. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

7. shan

shan Well-Known Member

8. myhoneyhoney

myhoneyhoney Well-Known Member

I agree. Ajax, that looks YUMMY! Thanks for sharing, I'll have to try and make it this weekend.