Healthy homemade granola recipes?

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by lise, Aug 10, 2011.

1. lise

lise Well-Known Member

Hi everyone!

I am looking for recipes for homemade granola. My husband picked up a package at a local farmer's market but we ran out! Between he and I and the $4 package, it can easily get to be an expensive treat.

I was wondering if anyone here would have any recipes that are healthy. I would love to be able to make it at home instead of paying so much for a small bag.

Thanks in advance!

2. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

Is there such a thing? Sure you can add in raw almonds, dried fruits, leave out the extra sugar and chocolate chips, etc., but all granolas are fattening.

3. myhoneyhoney

myhoneyhoney Well-Known Member

I usethis granola bar recipe as a guide. I usually stick with 3 cups of regular old oatmeal and then a total of 3 cups of what ever mix of nuts/dried fruits/chocolate chips I want. I also add in 2 scoops of whey protein powder and a little bit of milk. Is this the kind of recipe you're looking for?

4. DAngel

DAngel Active Member

5. lise

lise Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone! i like to have a bit for breakfast and as a recovery for after my workouts. I'm looking for one with low sugar and no/or no oil.

6. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

7. shan

shan Well-Known Member

8. myhoneyhoney

myhoneyhoney Well-Known Member

I agree. Ajax, that looks YUMMY! Thanks for sharing, I'll have to try and make it this weekend.