HBO Game of Thrones

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Hedwig, Apr 18, 2011.

1. Hedwig

Hedwig Rarely here anymore but I try to be better!

Roy Dotrice is interesting. He is the reader for the audio books! So it is probably a sentimental role.

2. Yehudi

Yehudi Well-Known Member

3. Cachoo

Cachoo Well-Known Member

Yehudi--if I didn't mention it before--I am green with envy. Nice swag.

4. Yehudi

Yehudi Well-Known Member

5. lmarie086

lmarie086 Well-Known Member

I dont' have anything valuable to add about the second season, but I'm finally about 1/3 through A Clash of Kings and I love it!! If I could skip work to just keep reading...I would. The only thing that bothers me is at this point, it's been awhile since my favorite character had a chapter, and I had to jump to the end of the book to make sure he survived haha.

One of my predictions for the future books:
    Jon isn't Ned Stark's son. I'm not quite sure yet, but I feel like there's a connection between Lyanna and Jon. I guess I'll have to read faster to find out!

6. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

There is actually a very popular theory out there about that and I will be very disappointed if it is proven true. His parentage has been much discussed and has not been settled for sure yet. My own assertion is that Ned really is Jon's father and as to who his mother is; maybe Ashara Dayne, but I honestly do not care much. What is going on right now in the story is much more important.

7. mindy74

mindy74 Well-Known Member

I've read she's a really good actress but she's almost too pretty to be Jeyne. Jeyne was girl next door, pretty but plain...this woman is kinda hot. But if she's a good actress, she'll be able to pull it off, hopefully! Or maybe they are going with "sexier" since she'll be having scenes with Richard Madden :swoon:

I wonder if they will cast Lady Westerling for this season, who we find out later was in league with the Lannisters to take down Robb, and was using potions to keep her daughter from getting pregnant.

8. mindy74

mindy74 Well-Known Member

ITA. I don't want Jon to be part of the
    Targaryen family

Also some think
    Septa Lenore may be Ashara Dayne...and Tyrion noted that she looked like she had borne a child

9. Verbalgirl77

Verbalgirl77 is silently judging you

I get the impression that they're going to show a lot more of that storyline than in the books (hence her showing up this early on the show), so I think that will be the case. Oona is on the BBC show The Hour playing a supporting character, so people can check her out there. I think the first episode is free on iTunes in the US right now.

10. Yehudi

Yehudi Well-Known Member

11. MarieM

MarieM Grumpy Cynical Ice Dance Lover

Gniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.
    I am dying !

12. Cachoo

Cachoo Well-Known Member

Has there ever been a television fantasy series done on this scale? And I remain jealous of Yehudi!

13. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

I bought the first 4 (all 4?) books for my Kindle. Can't wait to begin reading. I imagine the books are superior to the show because of all the detail. The show is already great, so if the books are better...

14. gingercrush

gingercrush New Member

I think there are five books now. I am up to where Ned got his head chopped off. But I've allowed myself to be utterly spoiled over everything. Love the TV Series so far. Haven't touched the books yet but am determined to do so.

15. Orable

Orable New Member

Ohhh my God, just realized that Richard Madden (Robb Stark) is Scottish in real life. Cue sexy Scottish accent and cue Orable swooning :swoon: