Have you ever been scammed?

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Ice Queen, May 30, 2012.

1. Ice Queen

Ice Queen New Member

I have bad feet, and can only wear a couple types of shoes. Years ago, I found an aerosole sandal that is perfect for me. Sadly, the sandal was discontinued. Luckily, I have still be able to purchase them through various sites.

However, I recently went to www.stylezalando.com and purchased a pair. Paid through pay pal, and the payment went through, but my sandals never arrived. My emails to the co. were ignored. So, I searched to try and find a phone number for the co. Instead, I discovered many complaints of fraud.

Yesterday, I received a tiny envelope in the mail from China. The return address, showed the name of the person that received my payment for the sandals. But, instead of the $26 sandals, they sent me a....hotel shower cap!! They do this, so they have a tracking number to give to paypal....pretty slick.

I contacted my credit card co. and they are going to credit my account. I filed a complaint with Pay Pal, and added my complaint to the others on the scam alert sites. I found the info on the owner of the site, and she lives in OH. I was so mad, that I filed a complaint with the State attorney general.

I've ordered lot's of things online, and never was scammed before. I will check out the scam alert sites, before I order anything again.

2. DickButtonFan

DickButtonFan New Member

Yes, I bought some things on ebay and never received them and had to file through paypal to get my money back. I usually only buy from sellers with good feedback and have been on ebay a long time, but sometimes things still happen. Overall I've had good experiences and got a lot of great deals. Glad you got your $ back.

3. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

Definitely. I could write a book. :( I have a big flashing sign on my head that says "sucker" (and lord I don't look forward to having to buy a car because of it!!).

Looking at that website it looks so legit. I would probably order over it also, especially for something hard to find. At least you got your money back. But what the hell is wrong with people! Crap like this makes me so mad.

4. FunnyBut

FunnyBut Well-Known Member

Evil! :mad: I think you did all the right things, contacting Paypal and your credit card company. Maybe you could file with the Better Business Bureau too? I'd be tempted to send the lady in Ohio a dead rat or something.

I've been scammed a time or two, but overall I save so much online (and can find what I really need), so I still do most of my shopping via internet.