Has anybody ever skated to Aerosmith's "Dream On"?

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Bryan, May 15, 2010.

1. Bryan

Bryan New Member

So I just saw a preview clip for next week's Glee that features Aerosmith's "Dream On" and it just struck me that this would be an awesome FD. Has anybody ever used it before?

If not, who do you think would do a great interpretation? I think Virtue/Moir could totally pull it off, and I think Lang/Tchernyshev also would've done a great job with it.

2. cygnus

cygnus Liberal Furry

Todd Gilles skated his FD to it a few years back - I think with his former partner Tina (?) Pratt.

Nice program- I remember liking it a lot.

3. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

That would be awesome, especially if they used the older version when Steven Tyler still had his voice.

4. ryanbfan

ryanbfan Active Member

Love Aerosmith, but I strongly dislike Glee so I'm sad they're gonna sing it.

5. Bryan

Bryan New Member

Yes, that's what I meant to say in my original post. I love the original Aerosmith version; the Glee version, not so much.

6. love skating

love skating Clueless American

It's not a competition program, but the Stars on Ice finale a few years back was to Dream On. I agree that it's nice skating music.

7. indyw

indyw New Member

Again, not a competition piece, but four of the Dancing on Ice (UK) Pros did in 2008 on tour.

8. ambern024

ambern024 New Member

I actually really like this a lot!

9. bobalina77

bobalina77 Duck Hunter

Didn't Charlie and Meryl skate to it one year? The year Skate Canada was in Victoria..

10. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

I had freeskate music picked out for next year.
    Billy Joel's Piano Man

I'm not using it now because it's supposed to be on Glee next week too. Based on the instant popularity of anything that show does, I don't want to risk it showing up with the same song as a million other people. Guess I'll stick with my current program- Bette Midler's "I think it's going to rain today".

11. Debbie S

Debbie S Well-Known Member

I don't think D/W ever skated to it. I know Pratt/Gilles did, about 5 years ago, I think. Maybe they were the team you saw? I can't remember if they ever competed at SC.

12. TalentedButHumble

TalentedButHumble Well-Known Member

Anyone have a vid of Pratt/Gilles skating it?

Seems to be several versions of SOI’s finale on YouTube.
    http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=dream on stars on ice&aq=f
    I didn't see SOI in person that year, but I distinctly remember the finale (on TV).

The Dancing on Ice routine mentioned above.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YYoyOaVtj0
    (I don't really know that much about this show - will have to check out more vids. Maybe it'll help with the skating withdrawal.)

And this song is a favorite of a fave skater of mine. Maybe she’ll skate an exhibition to it.
    http://joannierochette.ca/en/biography/joannie-rochette-50-questions
    [Scroll waaaay down…]

Yes, as you may have guessed, I like the song :D - the lyrics aren't super great, but there's something haunting about it overall.

13. blue_idealist

blue_idealist Well-Known Member

I don't remember Davis & White skating to it but I think they would do a good job if they did, because they did a good job with David Cook's remake of Billie Jean. I also think Kurt Browning could do it well. :)

14. Catbert

Catbert Member

I'd like to see someone interpret Danny Gokey's version of the song.

15. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Just watch Pratt/Gilles Dream on FD from 2006 NHK - it was really cool FD and they had brilliant tango in that season. Sad, they was split just after this competition :(

16. bobalina77

bobalina77 Duck Hunter

They must have because I remember seeing someone skate to it when I was there, and I swore it was D/W but it could have been P/G. I remember thinking it was really quite good.

17. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Its 100% were P-G, not D-W

18. pinky166

pinky166 Well-Known Member

I think someone should skate to the Glee version :D! Mr. Shu did a killer rendition of "Dream On" last night on the show :lol:

19. Snowflake3939

Snowflake3939 New Member

Loved that finale and ever since then, when I hear "Dream On", I think "skating".

I think that was the year that Christopher Dean was doing the choreography for the group numbers.

Last edited: May 22, 2010
    PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  20. love skating

love skating Clueless American

Yep, and some irony given your username that they had snow come down at the end of the number!

21. pumba

pumba New Member

The String Quartet has a tribute to Aerosmith, with Dream On on it. It is a good version for one who does not want to use the song. It sounds very dramatic and classic, well just like any melody they've made a cover version of in their 200+ albums :lol:. A really never-ending source of skating music.