Has any skater tried a "Charlotte Spin"?

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Margot, Feb 10, 2012.

1. gkelly

gkelly Well-Known Member

Well, "death spiral" is a required element -- a whole category of element of which there must be one in every pairs program.

"Pair spin" is a required element (in alternating years), so there will always be some kind of pair spin in each program where it's required, but the specific variations are up to each team. We won't see any specific variation in every program, although if it's an easy way to gain a higher level we'll see it more than if it's too difficult or if it doesn't earn more points.

2. Nikki Lee

Nikki Lee Active Member

Michelle Kwan did a hands-free charlotte, but I can't think of any skater that has done the charlotte on an edge.

3. KCC

KCC Active Member

A little off topic but related -- is it possible to go right into a spin from a jump?

4. gkelly

gkelly Well-Known Member

Something like this?

5. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Vera

I have always called it Natalia spin because M&D first made it popular (although a Canadian pair had performed it first, as per Sandra Bezic). It was unique and exciting at that time, like Denise Biellman's Biellman spin. It's becoming too common now, with many pairs doing it, but M&D did it the best.

6. julieann

julieann Well-Known Member

S/H do that spin as well so D/D won't be setting themselves apart by recycling Moskvina's old choreography. It's been done too many times to be innovative anymore. But others have done it better than Natalia, she had the worst position.

7. love_skate2011

love_skate2011 Well-Known Member

that wouldn't be bad would it ? :)
    look how they have encorperate beillman and death spiral now

8. KCC

KCC Active Member

Yes! In my head this idea seemed neat, but I was not sure how it would really work. Thanks for sending the link.

9. Sasha'sSpins

Sasha'sSpins Well-Known Member

10. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Well-Known Member

Funniest thing I have seen today. :rofl:

11. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Well-Known Member

Thanks so much for posting those clips.

Funny with the second one though how they put a cymbal crash on the axels, even if they don't necessarily go with the music.