Haruka Imai or Kanako Murakami?

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by MikiAndoFan#1, Nov 26, 2010.

?

Haruka Imai or Kanako Murakami?

1. Haruka Imai

34 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Kanako Murakami

68 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. MikiAndoFan#1

MikiAndoFan#1 Well-Known Member

Which of the two new Japanese ladies on the senior circuit do you prefer?

:)

2. burntBREAD

burntBREAD Active Member

I like both but for some reason that I can't put a finger on, I prefer Imai.

3. pinky166

pinky166 Well-Known Member

I prefer Imai but its clear the judges think Kanako is better.

4. burntBREAD

burntBREAD Active Member

Yeah. Kanako's PCS is higher although I think Imai is a little undermarked in PCS.

5. pinky166

Agreed. I think performing consistently and attempting the 3-3 should help build up her reputation though and then her PCS will likely improve. She was only competing on the JGP last season and she had a disasterous JW in 2009, so right now she's a bit of an unknown, not to mention she probably suffers from being the 4th Japanese lady.

6. judgejudy27

judgejudy27 Well-Known Member

I like Kanako better. Imai is good and I enjoy her but she doesnt have the IT factor that seems to suggest future greatness.

7. judgejudy27

judgejudy27 Well-Known Member

Imai right now is the 5th Japanese lady behind Asada, Ando, Suzuki, and Murakami.

8. chipso1

chipso1 Well-Known Member

Imai just posted the highest SP score of any Japanese lady this season at TEB (58.38).

Murakami has a great on-ice presence, but her jump technique is worrying. Her flutz and high kick into the flip and flutz do not look like they'll hold up well after a growth spurt.

Imai, while perhaps not as exciting at Murakami, has wonderful jumps and a stellar 3Lo+3T combo.

9. jlai

jlai Title-less

actually I'm not impressed with either's jump technique. Both have some rather awkward entrances to jumps.

10. Dr.Siouxs

Dr.Siouxs Well-Known Member

I prefer Imai. Kanako's technique is borderline grotesque

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  11. pinky166

Ooops, my bad, I said 4th thinking 4 were ahead of her. 5th just makes her situation even worse. I love her 3lo-3t combo though!

12. ks777

ks777 Well-Known Member

Neither.. I like Kanako but her jump techniques will hurt her when she go through a growth spurt. She will try to fix it and will end up losing her flip and flutz jump.

13. Lookingood

Lookingood New Member

I prefer Kanako. She is just joy to watch.
    Imai also really good if i have to choose one i pick Kanako.

14. briancoogaert

briancoogaert Well-Known Member

Iami has a big problem with her free leg in the landing (of jumps). The 2-foot landing is always questionable. I think it will cost her a lot of points.

15. Loves_Shizuka

Loves_Shizuka Gettin' my sass out

I need to see more of Imai. I like Kanako; she has "IT" but I agree, her technique is worrying (/ugly)

Btw, OT I know, but what has happened to Nana Takeda?

16. Eris

Eris New Member

Kanako. Such an inspiration on ice!

17. bek

bek Guest

I think Murakami is the stronger skater. One only has too look at their results the last few seasons, it seems Imai has issues with free skating and also rotating her jumps. Say what you will about Murakami but she rotates.

18. burntBREAD

burntBREAD Active Member

Not really. Imai was really, really off in the LP at TEB, the salchow is one of her strongest jumps, thus why she does it twice. She actually rotates more often than Murakami, she even rotates her falls.
    Murakami NHK
    SP: one UR
    LP: four UR
    Imai SC
    SP: no UR
    LP: no UR
    Murakami SA
    SP: one UR
    LP: three UR
    Imai TEB
    SP: no UR (and a 3Lo-3T)
    LP: one DG, one UR, both on salchows

19. Dilng

Dilng Well-Known Member

Ladies skating is so boring now except for Kanako. This has been the worse year for ladies ever!!! Haruka was exceptionally boring she doesn't even come close to Kanako in my opinion.

20. RunnersHigh

RunnersHigh Well-Known Member

I saw them both live and much prefer Haruka Imai.

21. Marco

Marco Missing Ziggy

Imai reminds me of young Nakano and Murakami reminds me of young Asada.

Love their energy but the technical issues are worrying.

I think I prefer Suzuki :p

22. PUNKPRINCESS

PUNKPRINCESS New Member

:huh: I do not see the resemblance between Murakami and Asada. Asada is and was on a completely different level at the same age.

Between Imai and Murakami, however, I have to give it to Murakami. Her energy and spark make her stand out, whereas Imai strikes me as a very generic skater.

23. Jaana

Jaana Well-Known Member

I like them both very much, and hope that Imai will get more consistent in her freeskate soon... Voted for Imai.

24. Marco

Marco Missing Ziggy

Murakami has the same lightness and exuberance to her skating, very similar toe pick technique, and very similar jump quality as Asada had back when she was 15.

25. wonderlen

wonderlen New Member

Both have strengths and weakness. Kanako has 'wow and it' factor, but some iffy jumping technique which can be trouble if her body change. Imai has better technique, and she kindda remind me of Shizuka. Tall, limber and graceful but not much personality and her 3Lo+3T combo was just beautiful and explosive.

26. pinky166

I agree that Haruka is similar to Shizuka, she has an understated grace about her. Kanako reminds me more of Fumie just because her build is so similar to Fumie's, and the way she pumps her back actually reminds me a little of Miki...don't really see the resemblence to Mao though b/c Mao has always been so graceful and balletic whereas Kanako is more energetic and athletic. Kanako actually reminds me a lot of Mirai circa 2008 or 2009, cute, charismatic, talented but not the most polished or beautiful skater around.

27. viennese

viennese Well-Known Member

I like them both and hope they'll both be as dynamic in the long as they have been in the short programs.

Imei's Borodin music strikes me as too "big" for a young singles skater. Hasn't it been used for some rather aggressive, big-throwing pairs programs?