Harding Establishes Land Speed Record

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Iceman, Aug 25, 2011.

1. Iceman

Iceman Well-Known Member

2. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

I think what Tonya did to Nancy Kerrigan was very mean.

3. julieann

julieann Well-Known Member

I think what the judges did to Nancy was worse...:rofl:

Shouldn't this be in the trash can?

4. Jot the Dot Dot

Jot the Dot Dot Headstrong Buzzard

It was never proven that Tonya hired the pals of her ex-husband Jeff Gilooly, to whack Nancy. What she admitted to is knowing about the attack after the fact, and not immediately going to the authorities, hence the reduced charge of obstructing justice. I think Tonya's whole life has been one of success, followed by screw-up after screw-up, granted. But why embellish this to make it worse without any hard evidence?

5. Jenna

Jenna Well-Known Member

You know, it's never be proven that deal making occurred in the '90s either. ;)

Cheylana and (deleted member) like this.
  6. LilJen

LilJen Well-Known Member

It was a scandal, truly a scandal. WHYYYYYYYYY??

7. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

:rofl:

I'm almost finished the hind quarter, but if you'd like to take the left side, I'll do the right. :D

(By the way, I thought we had a "beating a dead horse" smilie...but could not find it! :wuzrobbed)

8. essence_of_soy

essence_of_soy Well-Known Member

Looking at Tonya's top, who knew there were other uses for starter flags?

9. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

Shouldn't this news be withheld until the week of US Nationals? :p

(It would be a change from the drama that mysteriously seems to happen to her quite regularly around that time of year...)

10. DORISPULASKI

DORISPULASKI Watching submarine races

I've never been sure whether Tonya deliberately has drama at Nationals time, or whether Tonya always has drama, but it is only reported on at Nationals time. Reading this article, I'm beginning to lean towards the latter theory.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2011
    Cheylana and (deleted member) like this.
  11. DarrellH

DarrellH New Member

I used to think she'd do things to get in the news during Nationals. Now, I think reporters look to see what's up with her during that time.

12. Nan

Nan Just me

I think that no matter what she does, some people will always see her as a skam artist and paint her with a negative brush. What a waste of energy.

13. escaflowne9282

escaflowne9282 Well-Known Member

Eh, I think what the Scotvolds did to Nancy was far far worse ( those stupid hops :scream: )

PeterG, jamesy, meggonzo and 7 others like this.
  14. VIETgrlTerifa

VIETgrlTerifa Well-Known Member

Touche!

15. Lainerb

Lainerb New Member

Nancy should have skated to Annie Lennox's 'Why' at least once in exhibition.

LynnW and (deleted member) like this.
  16. Cheylana

Cheylana Well-Known Member

This thread is hilarious! :rofl:

17. mysticchic

mysticchic Well-Known Member

I go faster on the highway then that! I would think it's more of a good mechinic then her skills!

18. Sasha'sSpins

Sasha'sSpins Well-Known Member

I know nothing of racing cars but the article seems to imply that speed that Tonya hit was exceptional for a vintage 1931 vehicle. Whatevs good on Tonya. I wonder if she's making any worthwhile bucks off of this?

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  19. Nikki Lee

Nikki Lee Active Member

I am glad that Ms Harding is finding success.

We all make mistakes as part of maturation. Some mistakes are stupid, some are reckless, and some are criminal. Some are all 3.

Now what? Hasn't Ms Harding paid her sentences? Been punished? Is she supposed to live under a rock the rest of her life?

Or can she move on and find a positive outlet for her obviously competitive nature? Seems that she has chosen wisely now.

warmly,
    Nikki Lee

20. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

:mad:

Honestly, you people!! It was only 13 years ago that Ms. Harding destroyed our sweetheart!

You young people, with all your "I forgive you this" and "I forgive you that" crap. Can't anybody hold a grudge anymore, like we did in the old days (aka, the 90's).

I supposed I'll have to find somebody new to tar and feather now. Have you all forgiven Conrad Black, too?

meggonzo and (deleted member) like this.
  21. Doggygirl

Doggygirl Well-Known Member

Wow - I popped in to check out the off season news and here's Tonya!! :rofl:

I'm shocked there have been no comments about her checkered top. So are they really that huge? Or do the checkers make them look that huge? I might have to invest in a black and white checkered blouse.

Good for Tonya being the first at something...again.

22. mysticchic

mysticchic Well-Known Member

SS What I'm was implying was the mechinic would have had to use stock parts and tweeked the engine to accomplish this. She just put the pedal to the medal and drove.

23. Coco

Coco Well-Known Member

But she was probably the mechanic, too. :)

24. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

Isn't it the same for all professional racecar drivers? You or I could take their place and have the same success! How much does that gig pay per hour, anyway??? :confused:

25. DORISPULASKI

DORISPULASKI Watching submarine races

http://www.forbes.com/2011/02/23/nascar-highest-paid-drivers-business-sports-nascar-11.html

Dale Earnhardt Jr earned the most last year: 29M dollars. He has only won one race in 3 years.

Jeff Gorden earned second most last year: 25M dollars.

Jimmy Johnson was third with 24 M dollars. He won the Sprint Cup the last 5 years.

The Sprint Cup consists of a 36 race schedule, 26 which allow a driver to qualify for the 10 race chase, the winner of which wins the Sprint Cup.

http://www.nascar.com/races/cup/index.html

It's a grueling schedule. Races are typically four or five hundred miles. A race week involves 2 practices, and a qualifying run which establishes start position. Then the race. Then its off across country to a new venue.

You also risk dying in a car crash.

No, I couldn't do it. I can't speak for you.

One way to find out is to go to NASCAR's version of fantasy camp.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/recreation/petty.htm

The kids can take in Disney while you try to drive the car.

26. Sasha'sSpins

Sasha'sSpins Well-Known Member

I believe you are right. Of course, imo not everyone can control a vehicle at say 200 mph. :blah:

27. LEO59

LEO59 New Member

Yes they are that huge...She gave birth to a baby boy back in Febuary!!

You can see her break the speed record on a rerun of "Trutv Presents: Worlds Dumbest Record breakers" part: Whatever..Her fellow cast members were making fun of her intil they showed photos of her on top of the car posing in a Sexy bikini...

28. Spinner

Spinner Where's my book?

Someone's bad at math... :shuffle: :p :lol:

29. taf2002

taf2002 flower lady

What's worse, Nancy was the victim & she has been painted with a far more negative brush. There is always someone to defend poor widdle Tonya but Nancy always comes off a whiney bitch. She should have just grinned and bared (uh bore) it. Most people like being hit in the knee with weighted pipes. She was just trying to draw attention to herself with all that crying.

30. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

That would be one pay grade higher from my current position....... :eek:

If I'm making 29 million per year, with a success rate of ONE, that's the spin I'd put on it too!!! :D

:mad: YOU'RE ATTEMPTS TO MAKE ME LOK STUPID SO THAT YOU CAN UNDER MINE MY POINTS ARE SO OVBIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111