Happy Valentine’s Day

icie

Keeping up appearances
Happy Valentine’s Day

If you celebrate it, how are you celebrating?

I’m staying in. Where I live, it’s going to be the coldest day of the new year.
Since we’re not going out, we will cook up a nice meal together & drink copious amounts of wine. The cats will get a special treat too. Rumor has it, that some Belgian Chocolates will make an appearance. :)

KatieC

Happy Valentines Day. I decided I'll make spaghetti for dinner. It's red. Perhaps something with rhubarb for dessert. The cats can have canned food, they'll be thrilled.

PDilemma

We are going out tonight.

Tomorrow, we are driving down to surprise my mom. It is her first Valentine's Day alone since Dad died. It was my husband's idea for us to go surprise her for the day; we are going to get her flowers and candy, too.

Artemis@BC

I've got an afternoon concert with a couple of my friends. Not as any sort of consolation prize for being single on Valentine's Day, we don't buy into that bs -- it just happens to be tomorrow.

I also have a "blind date with a book," from my public library. I don't know why I've never noticed this phenomenon before, it's brilliant. Lots of libraries' displays here. (And the book I picked up yesterday, but am waiting to unwrap til tomorrow, is labelled "Nemeses! Dragons! Science! Symbolism!" I can't possibly guess what book that might be!)

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
I celebrated yesterday. A couple of friends came by and we went out to eat at my favorite restaurant in town, Camellia Grill. I always get the Chicken Quesadilla's which are out of this world. Had a really good time.

I thought I would share the first poem I wrote back in 1976, my senior year of high school. I helped with the school newspaper in the Office Practice class. Our teacher wanted us to write poems about Love for Valentines Day. I had never really attempted to write anything before. I remember thinking why not! My teacher actually liked the poem, and it was published in our school newspaper.

February 14, 1976

Love

There's something about love
That you really can't explain;
The caring, the sharing,
And really the simplest things.

There's something about love
That gives one a special glow;
The feeling, the happiness
That the many facets of love show.

Some can say it with words.
Some say it with their eyes.
Love is something sacred and true.
It's not a mountain of lies.

For some, love is hard to show.
For others, it's the simplest thing there is.
It's coming from the heart,
And it's something some people miss.

Some are just too busy.
Others never try.
Is it going to be that way for you;
To let love pass you by?

Happy Valentines Day, everyone here at FSU! <3

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
I never heard of snowshoeing before. I guess because it hardly ever snows where I'm from. It looks like fun, and I love the pic @Kasey :)

myhoneyhoney

Happy Valentine's Day! Hubby and I gave eachother cards then we took the kids for a touristy day in San Francisco's Fishermans Wharf. It was a good day.

quartz

scratching at the light
Yesterday we went out to brunch for my daughters birthday, (which was on Wednesday). Then we went antiquing. I got another piece to add to my Depression Glass collection, and a 1978 Sears catalogue to laugh at. :D
My daughter bought a gorgeous old sideboard that will give her some much needed counter and storage space for her little bitty apartment. :cheer:
Then my son made us watch an Adam Sandler movie. :huh:

Today, I did a bunch of cleaning and tidying, and currently have laundry on the go, and a meatloaf ready to pop in the oven.
I still have wine left and tomorrow is going to be a horrible day at work, so I think tonight I will ask for a little attention from the husband. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information