Happy St Patrick's Day 2011

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by allezfred, Mar 17, 2011.

1. allezfred

allezfred Prick Admin Staff Member

Beannachtai na Féile Pádraig oraibh! :cheer2:

The most Irish town in America

How the world sees Ireland

St Patrick's Day around the world

2. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

best day of the year!

skatefan and (deleted member) like this.
  3. MikiAndoFan#1

MikiAndoFan#1 Well-Known Member

Happy St. Patrick's Day to those who celebrate it! :cheer2:

4. Jenna

Jenna Well-Known Member

Ready for a hearty corned beef and cabbage dinner about 21 hours from now! ;)

:cheer2:

5. iloveemoticons

iloveemoticons Well-Known Member

Happy St. Paddy's Day! I'll be off in search of green beer tomorrow :40beers:

6. Southpaw

Southpaw Saint Smugpawski

I don't know what you said but you sure sound sexy when you talk like James Joyce on a fart bender. :grope:

7. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

Happy St Patrick's Day (or St Patrick's Day -2 hours on the East Coast). I've got some shamrock themed cakes for work tomorrow.

8. Jot the Dot Dot

Jot the Dot Dot Headstrong Buzzard

Since I'm working that day, I'll have some Green Tea!

9. GarrAarghHrumph

GarrAarghHrumph I can kill you with my brain

St. Patrick's Day is a national holiday in Boston. Boston not being a nation notwithstanding. ;)

10. GarrAarghHrumph

Ech, gah, I hate corned beef. My husband suggested we have it - he keeps forgetting that I don't like the stuff. I suggested pot roast, but he didn't go for it; so we're having Chili. :lol:

11. Jenna

Jenna Well-Known Member

:lol:

TBH, I don't *love* corned beef either, but I guess after having eaten it for so many years in a row, it's sort of a tradition. I never eat corned beef on any other day of the year.

12. Nan

Nan Just me

Happy St Pat's!! :40beers:

13. Kelleys6th

Kelleys6th Active Member

My dad's favorite holiday of the year! :D
    He used to say that the worst day in an Irishman's life is September 17th. Six months from St. Patrick's Day, and 6 months until St. Patrick's Day.
    Right after St. Pat's day, you can continue to celebrate. :40beers:
    After September 17th, you can concentrate on celebrating for next year. :40beers:
    But September 17th there was no reason to celebrate. :wuzrobbed

As you slide down the banister of life
    May the splinters all face the right way

May you glass be ever full :40beers:
    May the roof over your head always be strong
    And may you be in heaven 15 minutes before the devil knows your dead! :EVILLE:

:cat:

14. Kaffeine

Kaffeine Well-Known Member

Hmm..this Irish lass thought it was a half hour but I must say..15 minutes is so much more eville :EVILLE:

15. jeffisjeff

jeffisjeff Well-Known Member

We had some drama tonight picking out something green for my 5 year old to wear tomorrow. Apparently, it just wasn't green enough. :drama: :lol:

16. JerseySlore

JerseySlore Active Member

I will be wearing green jacket and doing bunch of green jello shots all night long :kickass:
    Happy St Patrick's day to y'all!

17. Eden

Eden Well-Known Member

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

skatefan and (deleted member) like this.
  18. paskatefan

paskatefan Well-Known Member

Happy St. Paddie's Day to all who celebrate it! I'll be wearing green today (as "honorary" Irish).

19. UMBS Go Blue

UMBS Go Blue KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!

Happy St. Patrick's Day to all who celebrate! :cheer2:

And to all who find it an excuse to celebrate. :shuffle: :sekret:

Here's a slideshow of the most Irish towns in Massachusetts - almost all of which neighbor my hometown... itself a heavily Irish place somewhat diluted by lots of Italians and Chinese. :shuffle: Lots of Irish names where I'm from - McDonagh, Mulcahy, Feeney, Higgins, etc. Even my folks live down the street from Cavanagh Field. ;)

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  20. allezfred

allezfred Prick Admin Staff Member

21. Matryeshka

Matryeshka Well-Known Member

I am giving new definition to Irish tacky today--I have LIGHT up St. Patrick's day shamrock earrings, horrible green braid headband, and a light-up green crown.

Plus lime green nail polish as a base coat and green sparkly polish on top of that. But I'm very upset that I can't wear my "shiver me shamrock" leprechaun socks (yes, they say shiver me shamrocks) due to my broken toe that I can't cover.

Am subbing for a group of little kiddies today--they have the cutest little events planned. It's Catch a Leprechaun day, and each class has devised all sorts of "traps" to catch them. They wrote limericks, made Irish soda bread, put together actual contraptions, and rainbow posters. It's actually kind of a neat way to incorporate science, math, English, Social Studies into a holiday. While they're at morning assembly, where they will have a St. Paddy's day presentation, they're going to make "leprechaun tracks", i.e., lucky charms in and out of the classrooms and put a stuffed leprechaun in the best "traps" in each classroom. Overall winner gets a visit from a "real" leprechaun later today.

This is cute. Later on though, they will be eating green cupcakes, green cookies, and most of them will probably try to eat the lucky charms off the floor. That will not be cute. :yikes:

I will definitely be drinking some green beer after today's events and my Spanish midterm.

22. Auntie

Auntie New Member

Just put my slimy corned beef in the crock pot. Sounds appetizing doesn't it?

Yes, I know the Irish do not eat corned beef. I was also sad to learn that there are no leprechauns guarding pots of gold at the end of rainbows. :)

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

23. GarrAarghHrumph

There were leprechauns in my house last night. My daughter's teacher told her that on St. Patrick's Day eve, leprechauns go through your house and mess it up. Of course, my daughter didn't tell us this until this morning, when she was ready to go downstairs. So I very quickly said I had to go to the bathroom, and went around the upstairs tossing stuff on the floor and in the bathtub. :lol:

24. FigureSpins

FigureSpins New Member

I'm fixing corned beef & cabbage for the crockpot now. We have that dish a few times a year, although the kids won't eat more than a "thank you bite" of cabbage. (I cook it separately, too.) Always end up with veggies left over and no meat. Same thing happens with beef stew and pot roast.

Never heard of the messy leprechaun visits, although Artemis Fowl readers understand why they would be searching a human child's room like a SWAT team, lol. They'll never find my copy of The Book! lol

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Last edited: Mar 17, 2011
  25. highrisegiraffe

highrisegiraffe Member

Happy St. Patrick's Day to you Allezfred, and thanks for the link to the St. Patrick's Day Parade. I was able to watch it in Canada and the first thing I saw were the "giraffes" dancing in the street which made me happy (note my username). I was in Dublin about five years ago so I recognized the scenery along the route. Thanks for the treat!

26. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

That will be my new excuse for my messy house - the leprechauns did it!

27. FigureSpins

FigureSpins New Member

They live in my house, rotten slobs.

28. Moka-Ananas

Moka-Ananas Man's Ruin

Today I am Irish!
    Happy St. Patrick's Day! :40beers:

I'll go to the local Irish Pub (last year was a blast. We got to party with the dancers of "Lord of the Dance" there) with a few friends later on and we're gonna celebrate the fabulous Irishness with godlike Kilkenny and Guiness!

29. skatefan

skatefan Well-Known Member

For sure :)

:cheer2:

:lol: omg, didn't know there was a corned beef requirement :) - my brother has just brought me a huge corned beef and potato pie for my birthday, we stuck a candle in the top :p

Everyone's Irish today :lol: :40beers:

30. C_T_T_

C_T_T_ Well-Known Member

I totally forgot it was St Patricks Day until I tried to go to the bank which was shut! Lsat year I was working in Downpatrick (where he is buried, apparently, no one really knows) and we built up to it for weeks before. This year...nothing!