Hao ZHANG still enduring his elbow injury (Chinese National Winter Games article)

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Sylvia, Jan 4, 2012.

1. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!

From an article about Zhang/Zhang -- they and Pang/Tong are scheduled to compete in the Chinese National Winter Games this week: http://www.shanghaidaily.com/article/article_xinhua.asp?id=43009
    :(

Chinese National Winter Games figure skating thread in Kiss and Cry forum: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=81892

2. skateboy

skateboy Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to hear this. I've always liked the Zhangs and they have so much ability. It would be great to see them have at least one really terrific season.

3. lowtherlore

lowtherlore New Member

It's too bad. :( They've worked hard together for a long time with a lot of success, but I feel he's in a situation to make a change after this season, if he wants to continue competing for the top spot.

4. Marco

Marco Missing Ziggy

Is this a new injury? I thought his injury from last season was to his finger?

5. LilJen

LilJen Well-Known Member

Yowch. Hope he can find a way to ease the pain and/or fix whatever the problem is.

6. ioana

ioana Well-Known Member

And, it looked like he hurt his shoulder during their long program at the GPF. Poor guy's not having any luck staying injury-free this season!

7. Pikachuusb

Pikachuusb Active Member

Ugh :( I hope he heals quickly and is out of pain long term.

8. Marco

Marco Missing Ziggy

hmm looking ahead, is Sui & Han eligible for senior Worlds? Just wonderign if China can keep 2 spots if Z&Z drops out of Worlds and P&T does not compete.

9. love_skate2011

love_skate2011 Well-Known Member

^

No, I think its by next worlds but not this season
    they will still compete in junior worlds

10. Marco

Marco Missing Ziggy

Thanks.

Did P&T say they were skipping GPs or did they say they were skipping the whole season? My impression is the latter, but then why would they compete at Nationals if they weren't competing this season?! And if it's the former, have they met the minimum score requirement yet? :EVILLE:

11. Loves_Shizuka

Loves_Shizuka Gettin' my sass out

^Yea, are P/T here?!?!

12. Yukari Lepisto

Yukari Lepisto Active Member

P/T have always said that they'll only compete at the world championship this season. so i guess they want to compete at this nationals as warm-up.

13. Loves_Shizuka

Loves_Shizuka Gettin' my sass out

Ahhh, thank you!

14. julieann

julieann Well-Known Member

This isn't nationals, that already took place on in September, the Zhangs won and Sui and Han were second. This is different.

I though Sui is good to go to senior worlds this year because she is now 16.

Also, why would P/T need a minimum score?

15. johndockley92

johndockley92 New Member

WELL, Han is too old for junior worlds ;)

But shhhhh don't tell everybody else in the world who already secretly knows it :p

16. feraina

feraina Active Member

P/T (70.24) just won the SP at the National Winter Games; Z/Z 2nd (69.66); S/H 3rd (60.36). P/T & Z/Z were both clean, S fell on the 3T. Yu/Jin are fourth (55.42).