Halle Berry and Boyfriend Gabriel Aubry Split

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Rex, May 1, 2010.

1. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

2. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

WTH is with that site - the article is supposedly about Halle Berry's split but seems to really be an excuse to take pot shots and Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt.

3. soxxy

soxxy Guest

And the writing is so poor! This is a sentence? :eek: "Excepted"? "Worst"? No commas? Phrasing is painful and tortured: "where misery prevails at dizzying heights"?? Really? :confused::lol:

Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2010
  4. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

It's an odd article to read. A big chunk of it reads like someone from the Berry's camp wrote it but then there are odds snippets that attack Jolie and Pitt. Huh? What does one couple have to do with the others?

5. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Clearly, the writer of the article is not a professional :p

Here....People is a bit more trustworthy

Maybe Halle should try living with herself for a while, and focus on being a mom, and finding some good film roles for a change.

6. deltask8er

deltask8er Well-Known Member

7. Civic

Civic New Member

She doesn't have a very good track record with men does she? I wonder if part of Halle's problem is that she always goes for the pretty boys. Dave Justice, Eric Benet and Gabriel Aubrey are all very handsome men, imo. Maybe she would have better luck with a guy who is an Average Joe in the looks department.

Edited to add: Is it just me or has Halle had some work done during the past few years? She's still a gorgeous woman but her face seems a bit tighter and more elongated than it was in the past.

8. Anita18

Anita18 Well-Known Member

Well, more like all of those guys beat her or cheated on her, so maaaaybe that Gabriel is actually good man, she doesn't know what to do? :eek:

Or people just move on. Hopefully the custody issue isn't messy.

I dunno, she doesn't look like she's had work done to me, and usually I can spot it pretty easily. (OMG what did Kim Kardashian do to her face? :yikes: ) Even the skin on her knees are taut, and that's usually the first sign of any aging. She just has great genes. :lol: Or drinks the blood of virgins. :p

9. deltask8er

Custody of the child has gotten ugly.

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b223782_gabriel_aubrys_rep_halle_berrys.html

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20462753,00.html

10. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

E! News states that she accused Aubry of using ethnic slurs towards her...I don't believe that at all.

I think that I was wrong about her; she really is fecking crazy. Someone here pointed out that maybe Eric Benet wasn't totally responsible for the failure of their marriage. Topaz, I owe you an apology.

And to answer Civic's question from a year ago, her eyes do look tighter and smaller than before. It's her eyes.

11. skatemommy

skatemommy Well-Known Member

I think she had her nose done too...

12. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

Doesn't anyone think that Aubrey is after spousal support? Rex, why don't you believe the ethnic slurs claim?

13. duane

duane New Member

I've always believed that Halle was slightly off her rocker. Remember the hit-and-run, with her hauling ass afterwards (Chris Rock's 'Halle Berry 911' is HILARIOUS!!)? But back in the day, she supposedly dated a now famous celebrity (the name I hear most is Wesley Snipes) who beat her so badly that she suffered hearing loss. Perhaps she suffered more than that.

14. deltask8er

March 11, 1996 Vol. 45 No. 10

http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20102991,00.html

15. VIETgrlTerifa

VIETgrlTerifa Well-Known Member

What makes me skeptical about Aubry is the fact that he's seeking spousal support. That's very strange to me. It's not as if being with Halle Berry has forever hindered his earning potential nor was he with her long enough (I didn't know they were married) to claim that he's accustomed to the lifestyle that she provided for him nor was he instrumental for her success.

Strange.

16. LuckyCharm

LuckyCharm Well-Known Member

I thought she specifically said that Wesley Snipes was not the one who did that. Most of the speculation I've heard says that it was Christopher Williams, although he adamantly denies it.

17. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

Well don't women normally seek spousal support for in the past when they're getting a divorce? It's just equal opportunity now that men are starting to to do it too when their ex is the higher earner. I'm sure Halle has more money than Aubrey does, and he also has their child to raise half of the time.

18. deltask8er

Where did you read that he is seeking spousal support? I've only read he is seeking child support.

http://rollingout.com/insiderohome/...ld-support-and-joint-custody-of-daughter.html

http://www.courtinfo.ca.gov/selfhelp/family/support/intro.htm

----------------

http://preview3.accesshollywood.com...e-for-daughter-with-halle-berry_article_43069

19. ilovesalchows

ilovesalchows Well-Known Member

I have always been a little skeptical of Halle Berry after she was on TV talking about how she cured herself of Type 1 diabetes. My husband has Type 1, and sadly there is no cure. She spoke of how she weaned herself off insulin, so anyone can do it. (She didn't have Type 1 if this was the case) I just get a little annoyed about people's perceptions of Type 1 diabetics, and I cannot believe how many people say things to my husband about how he can cure himself with diet, etc. I sincerely hope no one with Type 1 took her advice.

20. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

There allegedly was a white dentist who sued Halle years ago because he claimed that she owed him money he lent her to help her launch her acting career. She counter-sued, saying that the man used slurs against her and that she paid him back. Oh, and that he was stalking her 'cause he was crazy too. Funny how two white men she was involved with whom she ended on bad terms suddenly turn into mini Mel Gibsons.

I thought it was singer Christopher Williams who allegedly beat her and made her deaf.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2011
  21. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

Oh that's unfortunate.

22. VIETgrlTerifa

Um...on the same link that you provided earlier in which you quoted.

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b223782_gabriel_aubrys_rep_halle_berrys.html

You may be right. However, I thought he was seeking spousal support and child support. I'm not familiar with the way divorce proceedings go, but how often are women successful in getting spousal support and child support when they are in a five year marriage to someone who already made a bulk of their income prior to their marriage? I assumed the child would be living with Halle most of the time, but then he's seeking joint custody as well.

deltask8er and (deleted member) like this.
  23. attyfan

attyfan Well-Known Member

None of the articles indicate that Aubrey and Berry wee actually married. While both men and women may seek spousal support when they divorce, neither get spousal support in the absence of a marriage (or registered domestic partnership). Otherwise, there is only whatever arrangement may have agreed to ("palimony"). If Aubrey does get physical custody, he will have a right to child support.

24. Allskate

Allskate Well-Known Member

I find her timing very suspect. Not just on this, but on her claims that their child is not safe being taken care of by him. It was fine for him to take care of their child when they were together and when they first split, but now that he's seeking to protect his parental rights, he's not? I somehow doubt that. This is a dispute that should be handled privately, not through a public smear campaign. Halle's handling of this does more to make me question her parenting than his.

25. duane

duane New Member

I guess because Berry has never named the man, it's all speculation as to which boyfriend did it. Which begs the question, why protect the identity of this loser? (Though I guess, with it having happened so long ago and perhaps no way to prove it, naming the person now would likely result in a lawsuit).

26. Badams

Badams Well-Known Member

Yes, I remember that quite well. Being type 1, it disgusted me. She basically blamed her accident on low blood sugar and then magically cured herself. Fact is, she was probably drunk and she made up a ridiculous lie and an even more ridiculous claim of a cure. Well, why hasn't she marketed her fabulous cure and shared it with all us type 1 diabetics? She's a ridiculous and self serving moron. Oh, and Wesley Snipes is in prison not too far from me. He teaches yoga. Haha!

27. VIETgrlTerifa

I had no idea Halle Berry was so controversial. I thought the only thing people hate her for was winning an Oscar.

28. screech

screech Well-Known Member

Team Aubrey!!

He can come over to my place for comfort if he wants... rowr!

29. Carmen Ovsiannikov

Carmen Ovsiannikov New Member

It's only recently that I've noticed how much people seem to hate her. Up until recently I'd never really heard anything about her personality one way or another but all of a sudden she's an evil bitch and on one message board someone even suggested that Halle is (allegedly) bipolar.

BTW, one of Aubrey's ex's has come forward to say that she warned Halle that Gabriel was only after her money but Halle didn't listen. Halle may very well be the unhinged bitch people are saying she is but IMO I don't think Gabriel is an :saint: either. If he was, he would be taking the high road for the sake of his daughter. Perhaps they both need a time out.

30. escaflowne9282

escaflowne9282 Well-Known Member

The reason I have trouble feeling too much sympathy for Halle in all this is that she essentially chose to breed herself for the sake of having a child. She never fully intended to have a serious partner going into it and just chose the first potent and pretty face that she saw. Surprise , surprise , it didn't turn out that well.:rolleyes: I have seen far less tenuous situations go more south than this one. I also doubt Aubry is a saint, I've imagined two giant cartoon dollar signs where his pupils were at the moment when Halle asked him to have a kid.

IIRC, haven't they been over for a while? Wasn't she dating French actor Olivier Martinez not too long ago?