Gwyneth Paltrow's Spring Wardrobe Recommendations...Only $450K

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by overedge, Mar 23, 2013.

1. Prancer

Prancer Jawwalking Staff Member

Well....

The kick of it is that the food is good. Really, all of it, aside from the muffins. The Korean corn was good, the tahini dressing I whipped up for a salad was delicious and the vegetarian version of her black bean chili was better than the black bean chili recipe I’ve been making — and bragging about — for years, though I ended up doubling the chili powder and pimenton for more flavor.

But I think most people buy celebrity cookbooks because of the name and not the recipes.

2. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

I didn't know that about his son. :scream:

Dude, your dad played Harvey Milk and got an Oscar for it (as I predicted as soon as I saw it, one of his best).

3. VIETgrlTerifa

VIETgrlTerifa Well-Known Member

Why do I feel like I just walked past a high school lunch table?

4. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

5. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

I hate chili -- guess that's why I breezed right by that part!

As for Sean Penn's son . . . when you've watched your dad beat up women for years, I don't suppose you particularly care what he got an Oscar for.

6. leesaleesa

leesaleesa Active Member

Gynneth is correct about juicing, though. As long as you incorporate it into a healthy diet and not let it become the majority, it's very healthy. Two weeks into juicing once a day, my skin which had these ugly Rosacea flareups is about 75% better, and I'm almost back to my yellowish self. Hooray! The juice really does curb the coffee habit (down from 5 cups to 1 per day) as well as the sugar cravings.

7. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

juicing is also great if you are inclined to skip breakfast or lunch. i hate breakfast but i will drink a kale shake.

8. leesaleesa

leesaleesa Active Member

I used to crave greasy and sugary stuff in the morning as well as caffeine. Now, I just crave my home made V-7 juice and stick to one weak cup of coffee daily which I intend to phase out. Next week is 1/2 cup, the week after goes goes down to zero. No sugar cravings whatsoever, either.

9. iamawake2

iamawake2 Member

I have a $30 blender and I sometimes juice in the summer. I've been thinking more about it lately and how I want to incorporate it in my daily life. Some of you have said it cut back on cravings - that definitely resonates with me - but when I do a search on the 'net on juicing it's overwhelming - I could use some pointers. I like to experiment with greens but I had trouble getting them to taste decent.

10. cruisin

cruisin Well-Known Member

Kale is one of the best things you can eat/drink. It is loaded with absorbable calcium! Good choice!

11. leesaleesa

leesaleesa Active Member

Add carrots, cucumber, pear, apple, in whatever combination you like. The sweet fruit and vegetables counteract the bitter greens. My V-7 consists of beets, carrots, celery, cucumber, (which I loathe in other forms) apple or pear, spinach, and sweet potatoes. It looks like a cup of blood, but I find it delicious. Kale doesn't thrill me, so I don't use it. This week, broccoli is on the agenda. I did learn that you can juice a turnip, but it's really nasty. Just find what you like and juice it.

12. iamawake2

iamawake2 Member

"My V-7 consists of beets, carrots, celery, cucumber, (which I loathe in other forms) apple or pear, spinach, and sweet potatoes."

You must have a good juicer for things like carrots. I just have a blender and I have made carrot soup in it but of course cooked the carrots first. Sweet potatoes - do you bake them prior?

13. leesaleesa

leesaleesa Active Member

A blender is not made to handle hard stuff like carrots and sweet potatoes. My juicer rips through them like butter. A blender will keep all the fiber in, so if you want to get several servings of raw vegetables and fruit, you're going to deal with bloating and constipation, unless you drink a ton of water. Too much fiber isn't any better than not enough.

14. Coco

Coco Well-Known Member

15. cruisin

^^ Stop the presses! :lol:

Maybe she'll want a "who wore it best" or "which outfit is the $$$$ one", "buy it for less".

16. my little pony

gollum hands

17. MacMadame

MacMadame Cat Lady-in-Training

The press has a an interesting definition of "identical."

18. mag

mag Well-Known Member

Yes, I think the word they were looking for is "similar."

19. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

I think Gwyneth wore it better. :shuffle: That scarf is pretty bad, sorry Demi.

20. cruisin

Can't stand Gwyneth, so... In fact she is on GMA this morning and I had to turn it off.

As to identical - Jeans, two people wearing them at the same time - shocking! White tee shirts - un heard of! Army green jackets (which are totally on trend) are there two in the world? The press needs to get a clue :lol:!

21. MacMadame

MacMadame Cat Lady-in-Training

Plus the jackets and shirts were made from different materials, the jeans were different colors and they had totally different boots on.

The outfits were definitely similar in style and it was probably amusing to get on the plane and see someone else dressed in your same basic outfit, style-wise. But identical? Not even close.

22. maatTheViking

maatTheViking Now ubering Machida's hair

My son recently had a playdate, and the big sister was named Gwyneth. I was thinking of this thread, and laughing inside, but in the end it turned out that the grandmother is Welsh - that is probably more likely reason for picking the name (which I think is beautiful name, btw)

23. Yehudi

Yehudi Well-Known Member

I have this friend who went to Princeton and she can be just as pretentious as that Princeton mom. So I burst out laughing when she posted new pics on facebook of her autographed copy of Gwyneths cookbook.

24. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

Take this haters! :p

The women on The Talk were quite catty about it today toward Gwyneth on their show. I don't get the dislikes.

25. VIETgrlTerifa

VIETgrlTerifa Well-Known Member

I don't know even who those women on The Talk are.

26. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

Seriously? I mean, really?

Gwyneth owes her PR person a nice fat bonus :bribe: :sekret:

27. cruisin

I don't think the dislikes are due to her looks. I think the dislikes are because she is a pretentious bitch. When she first started making movies, I didn't mind her. I thought she was moderately talented and riding on her parents fame train. But, I didn't dislike her. then I saw her interviewed a few times and I grew to think she is just a twit who thinks she is the shit! If I were Blythe Danner, I'd be mortified.

28. my little pony

i dont think the dislikes are do to her looks either. that being said, her unairbrushed photos are plain at best with skin that looks old for 40.

29. leesaleesa

leesaleesa Active Member

Gwenyth Paltrow is handsome at best, and homely at worst. If she's what's going for most beautiful in the world today, I have a really good shot at winning some beauty contests, too.

I can see it if she had an amazing personality, but she's rather smug and annoying.

Isn't that a low rent version of the View with Darlene Conner?

30. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

And what does this make, say, Jessica Biel if Gwyneth is so beautiful? Halle Berry (whom I've seen in person, holy cow that woman is stunning...:eek:)