Gwyneth Paltrow Tells her Friends: Don't Talk to Vanity Fair about Me

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by overedge, Sep 11, 2013.

1. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  2. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

I'm no Gwyneth fan, but I think she's got every right to ask her friends not to talk to a media outlet. Writers might have been contacting her friends saying they are doing a profile, and they might have thought they were helping when in fact she is not cooperating with any story.

I think she also has every right to offer her opinion that she doesn't like the publication. And this was to her friends after all - don't most of us make recommendations and tell friends about products etc that we've had bad experiences with? Especially if many of her friends are also celebrities; I would think they'd appreciate the warning.

3. overedge

No question, but if you have a reputation as Miss Snooty, it might be smarter to phone your friends and ask them, rather than send an email that could easily be forwarded elsewhere (as seems to have happened here).

4. VIETgrlTerifa

VIETgrlTerifa Well-Known Member

I see what PeterG is doing there!

5. escaflowne9282

escaflowne9282 Well-Known Member

6. uyeahu

uyeahu Agitator. Sharpie lover (figuratively speaking).

I think you may have a Gwynnie obsession Overedge.

7. RomyNL

RomyNL Well-Known Member

Exactly my thought... Makes me like La Paltrow even more :glamor:

8. DAngel

DAngel Active Member

Ooooh!! Is that why Peter dragged all those threads up?

9. overedge

:rofl: She's the gift that keeps on giving.

And FYI I post about other things too, and I don't see other posters who update topics being accused of having "obsessions".

10. olympic

olympic Well-Known Member

Well, they are interviewing her friends because they would have trouble interviewing her considering her head is so far up her own ass

11. Moto Guzzi

Moto Guzzi Well-Known Member

12. OliviaPug

OliviaPug Well-Known Member

13. MacMadame

MacMadame Cat Lady-in-Training

Oh, it happens all the time. ;)

14. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Dislike of Paltrow is hardly a crime. She's insufferable.

15. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

To be fair, we have all pulled out in front of someone without meaning to. I don't think that makes her a bad person even thought she had her kid on the back of the scooter. I think she is completely insufferable, as Rex said. I'm surprised she even has friends. Word is that her husband stays as far away from her as possible and tours non-stop to keep from going home.

16. allezfred

allezfred Old and Immature Admin Staff Member

I wouldn't know anything about Gwyneth Paltrow if these threads didn't keep popping up on FSU. Just sayin'. ;)

17. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

overedge and me are here for you.

18. escaflowne9282

escaflowne9282 Well-Known Member

Great , so now one more thing we can blame Gwennie for, that atrocious music being inflicted on listeners all around the globe.

19. VIETgrlTerifa

Really though, if he despises her so much, why won't he just get a divorce or at least a separation? Yeah, I know those are hassles and money makes things complicated, but people as privileged as them could easily do it. By easily, I mean easy relative to most people.

Staying as far away from her as possible and going on tour (just to avoid her) is really a bit much to believe, even for the most ardent and dedicated Paltrow haters.

20. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

Why is that so hard to believe? I know many a married couple who avoid each other at all costs (at least from time to time) and they don't have the great excuses of going to the other side of the world for a tour.

21. VIETgrlTerifa

I do know that for many couples, it's not so easy to separate and many stay for a multitude of reasons (and class and culture play a big part into that as well). Maybe Paltrow and Martin really are staying together for the sake of their children and/or they believe it's better to be unhappily married then divorced like so many do. However, I feel people are motivated by their animosity towards Paltrow to believe and spread such rumors. I mean it may be true, and just because you don't like a particular person doesn't mean you can't be right about them. I just find it difficult to believe considering Paltrow and Martin have such resources to have a divorce and live a happier life if things were really that bad. I mean touring is grueling and having to drag your bandmates into it just to avoid your wife is really a lot to believe. It may be true that Coldplay is touring for financial reasons and the love of performing and maybe not being with Gwyneth is icing on the cake, but it sounded like Chris Martin only toured to avoid Paltrow. I admit that I can't pretend I'm objective since I do think the Paltrow hate tends to be way over-the-top (more over-the-top than the ridiculousness of what Paltrow says/does which is saying a lot), so I'm less inclined to believe it. However, I do think the converse may be true too and some people may actually want the rumors to be true so they can revel in it.

22. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

I love Gwyneth, Cate Blanchett can suck it, and I LOVE Coldplay.

23. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

What you are saying makes sense. Which thread did you mean to be in??

24. MacMadame

MacMadame Cat Lady-in-Training

I am not a fan of either Paltrow nor Coldplay and I think the "Chris Martin tours all the time to avoid her" rumor sounds exactly like the sort of stupid shit people make up because it makes them feel better about their own Paltrow and/or Coldplay hate. It makes a great story, but it's not really credible.

After all, if Martin really found Paltrow insufferable, he simply wouldn't have married her. No one held a gun to his head and it's not like they got married after a two day courtship, either. He knew what he was getting into and, from what I can tell, he's no picnic to live with himself. So maybe he tours all the time because she doesn't like him home and underfoot all the time. ;)

25. allezfred

allezfred Old and Immature Admin Staff Member

Or perhaps he's just a successful musician.

26. jadingirl

jadingirl Member

I can't remember who skated to it but Chris Martin wrote the song "Fix you" for Gwyneth after her father died. Very sad and pretty song.

I've never really understood the hate for Coldplay as I think most of their songs are really good but everyone has their own taste.

Gwyneth does seem to be a few steps out of reality though with her GOOP ideas for better living etc.

27. AliasJohnDoe

AliasJohnDoe Dornbush 2015!!!

28. Yehudi

Yehudi Well-Known Member

29. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

How could he do that to her? Everybody loves Gwyneth.

:(

30. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

That announcement is so pretentious (like everything GOOP). Conscious uncoupling? Bitch, please :rofl:

Rex and (deleted member) like this.