Grey's Anatomy Thread 2010-2011

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by HeatherC, Sep 24, 2010.

1. HeatherC

HeatherC Go Team SW Florida! =)

The show just started but I figured since I started the official thread last year that I could go ahead and start it again this year. Shonda has talked on Twitter about making this year a little happier for everyone so hopefully she follows through with that statement. I'm hopeful but it is still early, LOL :lol: :cheer:

2. Theatregirl1122

Theatregirl1122 Well-Known Member

So Meredeth's in therapy again. This better not be a whole season of Mer/Der drama ending with him leaving his wife for the annoying chick.

3. HeatherC

Everybody is basically in therapy after the events of the season finale. I don't think the guy playing the therapist is scheduled for more than a handful of episodes so I think we're safe from a season of troubles.

4. Satellitegirl

Satellitegirl New Member

Guy playing therapist = hawt.

I liked Lexie calling Alex on his tough guy attitude. Overall and ok episode....I was meh about the wedding...and meh about Meh's problems.

5. smurfy

smurfy Well-Known Member

Not a bad start. They do have to deal with the shooting, so we have to be patient while they go through it.
    Still think Lil Grey belongs with Sloan.
    I think Meh and Derrick will be ok, but Owen and Christina - not too sure.
    Loved the 'Twisted Sister' comment and Meh leaving Derrick in jail.

6. jayta

jayta New Member

Season premiere I think is weird because it wasn't two hours like it usually is AND it isn't coming on a huge cliffhanger season finale from the year before.

It was all right. I loved Chyler as Lexie in this episode. She really was amazing.

It seemed like an episode based all upon reactions and non-reactions. It was like there was something wrong which there was because all of these people got killed and everyone is supposed to go about being normal again.

I loved Christina's part in the episode. Her nose stuck in a wedding catalogue and nowhere near an OR...how telling. Meredith who doesn't want to talk about anything.

I loved how protective Mark is of Lexie.

Loved how Lexie called out Alex... you know something happened somewhere in between.

Decent episode. Not the norm but I can handle it :D

7. pixie cut

pixie cut Well-Known Member

I found it uninspiring and was really disappointed with the wedding. Isn't this a couple you want to hear say their vows? Although Cristina's dress was awesome.

I did like how they wrote out Bailey's boyfriend, who is off to be on another series. Their scenes were touching. As always, Justin Chambers was good.

8. ArtisticFan

ArtisticFan Well-Known Member

It was disappointing, but I did like Mere leaving Derek in jail.

9. Terri C

Terri C New Member

The scene I liked the most from last night and this could go down as one of the classics- Chief Webber dancing in his office!!

10. HeatherC

My favorite scene was definitely Meredith leaving Derek in jail. He deserved it, LOL :lol:

I thought it was a good episode overall. They have to deal with the stuff that happened last season and as long as it doesn't linger through this whole season, I think it will be a great year. I'm cautiously optimistic right now, LOL :p

11. BlueAranjuez

BlueAranjuez New Member

I totally agree! That was so great! :)

12. *Jen*

*Jen* Well-Known Member

Might just be me, but no. This is not a couple I want to hear say their vows.

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  13. pixie cut

It's not just you. I've seen the postings from people who don't see chemistry in this couple or don't like Kevin McKidd, but these two are a large part of why I keep watching. I think they're both good actors and they have chemistry. I also think their storyline was jerked around all last season and now it's being abused again. I would have liked to hear them say something, but easier to set up a quick fall without such things. Their wedding relegated to a Meredith voiceover.

14. ArtisticFan

ArtisticFan Well-Known Member

I was disappointed we didn't get Christina vows, but somehow I think this wedding is just beginning of the end for them.

15. pixie cut

I tend to agree, which is really disappointing because I think this pairing is rich with potential.

16. Satellitegirl

Satellitegirl New Member

I'm waiting for the day when Owen decides to go back into the military because "that's where his heart is" or something along those lines. Either way I hope Owen doesn't take long to leave the show. I don't care for his character at all.

17. Habs

Habs Well-Known Member

ITA. I don't mind Kevin McKidd as an actor, but I can't stand Owen as a character. And I think there is ZERO chemistry between him and Sandra Oh.

18. Satellitegirl

Satellitegirl New Member

I want Cristina and Avery to get together :) They kissed that one time at the party....and there's PLENTY of chemistry there.

19. *Jen*

*Jen* Well-Known Member

I also like them, but think some soppy wedding would be totally out of character. We saw her say "I do", so I guess they just did the traditional vows and do we really need to hear them again?

20. Theatregirl1122

I was annoyed with the weddings shoved into both Grey's and Private Practice. I feel the writers were just like "Wow. Last season really had a shitty ending. Let's have a wedding to make it better!"

21. *Jen*

*Jen* Well-Known Member

Ah yes. Good point. I just watched PP. I don't think I'll bother watching it again :shuffle:

22. pixie cut

I think this wedding was already too soppy. Although I did love her dress.

I'd like to have heard them say vows somewhat reflective of all the crap they've been through together and how they're now moving forward. The things Meredith pretty much said in the voice over, except let the bride and groom say it.

In my imagination, these two would have gotten married alone just the two of them, but that wouldn't have worked with the notion of Cristina getting kind of wrapped up in wedding planning as a way of blocking out her PTSD.

While I agree that Cristina and Jackson's kiss was hot, that's like quick, easy heat. Wouldn't have played out well for more than a few episodes. Maybe they're still going to have her jump into an affair.

23. pixie cut

Sad that no one has any interest on even commenting about the new season.

At some point, I'd like for Cristina to tell off Callie and Arizona for their passive/aggressive behavior. This was equally Cristina's apartment. In fact, she paid the rent when Callie was broke. It makes more sense for the resident than the attendings to live across the street from the hospital. Why is Cristina the one who has to move out? On the other hand, did Owen live in the street before they got together? The man seems to have no home.

24. Satellitegirl

Satellitegirl New Member

I had it on last night, and I thought the couple that the woman had the condom stuck in her throat, were hilarious. Other than that I was on the computer and didn't pay much attention. I can't get into it as much anymore....I feel like the characters have never evolved out of their spoiled brat ways of whining all the time. Nothing feels new.

25. LadyNit

LadyNit moving right along Staff Member

I find it weird that both Grey's and Private Practice are exploring the same subject: the actions of two BEST FRIENDS FOR EVAH (Christine and Meh; Violet and Cooper) who are both in romantic relationships, and how their romantic partners cope with the extreme intrusiveness of their mate's bond with the BEST FRIEND.

26. kimkom

kimkom Two Pot Screamer

SPIDER!!! :yikes:

That is all.

27. Theatregirl1122

Last night's Grey's was kinda... icky. I liked the girl who inhaled the condom as well. And I liked the scene with them all hanging out at the bar. It is nice to have some of the Mercy west people start to get integrated. Especially since only a few of them are left alive. And there never seem to have been any attendings involved. Also glad that Derek knows about Mer's miscarriage and that they are on track. I can't decide how I feel about Christina's breakdown.

28. mkats

mkats New Member

I haven't seen this week's episode yet... too sleepy after a long week :yawn: Enjoyed last week's though and plan to watch yesterday's tomorrow.

I will say, however, though, that I wish they didn't make every character have the occasional angsty, ME, ME, ME soliloquy. They all sort of sound the same and should be reserved for Meredith. :p Although now I'm so sleepy that I can't remember who irked me with it last time. Maybe I should really just go to bed...

29. nerdycool

nerdycool Well-Known Member

I just finally got caught up from last week. Gotta say, I really liked how Derrick stuck with Christina, and that he truly cares about her as family. Hopefully she'll get her groove back because I can't really see her as a plumber. :p

:( for Lexie and Mark. But I figure it won't be that easy to get them together again.

Loved how Alex was willing to take one for the team when it was revealed that April was still a virgin. And it won't surprise me if the writers put them together. Alex is available again, but I'm not sure who else they'd put him with. But maybe my judgment is clouded because I thought Alex and Izzy were perfect together.

Totally grossed out when the spider came out of the warts. :wideeyes:

30. mkats

mkats New Member

Roughly when is the spider scene? I'd like to know so I can minimize the screen then...I'm DEAD terrified of spiders :shuffle: