Grey's Anatomy Thread - 2009

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by HeatherC, Sep 25, 2009.

1. Andora

Andora Well-Known Member

I figure Mark didn't think Lexie had it in her, so it feels like more of an affront. But otherwise, eff him. (Not that they were "cancelling each other out." That's no even page there)

:( I like Izzie. That was awful with her and Alex, but what could he do? That actor is the bomb. He's all tough, tough, tough, then Iz shows up and he's soft. Like a switch. Love him. xoxo

Love new doctor hot eyes, too. I hope he gets more screen time.

2. ArtisticFan

ArtisticFan Well-Known Member

Izzy is going to need some new luggage soon. She's wearing the set she's got out.

3. Meredith

Meredith what a glorious day!

Why is Derek an ass? Really wondering.

I agree with Andora about Alex. They wrote that character skillfully, and the actor brings the goods.every.time.

4. pixie cut

pixie cut Well-Known Member

I don't think Derek was an ass at all. A doctor with a drinking problem shouldn't be in charge of a hospital's surgical program -- even if he did excuse himself from surgery. I actually think Meredith was the ass for trying to stop him from going to the board or confronting Richard.

I think Justin Chambers (Alex) is the only actor who's been hitting it out of the ballpark this season and the only character written with a sense of consistency. This really has been his season.

5. Andora

Andora Well-Known Member

I don't really think he was an ass either until he played the "I hire Izzy" card. Then it just felt selfish. Still, the Chief had to go. HAD. TO. And Meh was just as selfish in wanting him to be in charge because she'd get more preferential treatment.

That said, she did have a point when she claimed post it. If she's telling her husband something, she should be able to trust that he doesn't run off with it. The writers could have handled that better, maybe had Derek get Meredith to go to the board, show Meh that she was in the wrong instead.

Anyways, Ellen Pompeo looked hella old and awful in this episode. I hope it was just post-pregnancy puffiness, because she's not much older than Heigl, and Heigl looked radiant. All the women did in comparison.

6. Veronika

Veronika gold dust woman

Hmmm--Ellen Pompeo is 40 and Katherine Heigl is 31. That's a pretty big span. Plus, Heigl (normally) has more meat on her bones, and that helps your face look fuller and more youthful.

7. Satellitegirl

Satellitegirl New Member

I liked tonight's episode. Despite not liking Owen that much, I'm glad he didn't get pissy and give up on Cristina. I can't STAND Teddy. Derick and Meh are both dorks. I wish Alex would have taken Izzy back. Sloan had a point somewhat with how things went down with him sleeping with Addison and Lil Grey sleeping with Alex. She...broke up with HIM.

I'm sorta getting tired of Bailey, and she used to be one of my favorite characters. She's a little too one dimensional lately.

8. Jimena

Jimena Well-Known Member

I hate it when he gets all self righteous.

9. Andora

Andora Well-Known Member

D'oh, I thought Heigl was 34 and Ellen was still under 40.

10. Veronika

Veronika gold dust woman

Well, they both have babies now, so both of them should look tired. ;)

11. Andora

Andora Well-Known Member

Look, Ellen's always walked the line of looking drawn and such in the face. I'm just surprised she hasn't gotten better lighting to make up for it considering the absolutely gorgeous women this show has on it. :p (I'd say Kim Raver, but I'd guess she's had work done)

12. kimkom

kimkom Two Pot Screamer

The scenes with Sloan and Callie were the highlight for me. The chemistry between them is :kickass:

pixie cut and (deleted member) like this.
  13. *Jen*

*Jen* Well-Known Member

I thought this episode was really :blah: I watched it with my flatmate, and the only good part was mocking the overly melodramatic and totally unbelievable plots.

It's the same old stuff, over and over. And I'm over it :shuffle:

14. Satellitegirl

Satellitegirl New Member

I agree kimkom....their chemistry is great.

15. Andora

Andora Well-Known Member

See, I'll keep watching while Meredith and Derek are together, because then the show doesn't centre around them and their OH SO DRAMATIC BREAKUP. But once they break up again, I'm soooooo done with the show. :p

16. pixie cut

I don't know if she's had surgery, but I think Raver knows her way around Botox and other fillers.

While Pompeo and Heigl may both have newborns at home, Pompeo did give birth to hers. In the long run there is no difference in mothering, but the gestation and birth process does impact a woman's body for quite a while.

17. Andora

Andora Well-Known Member

As I said before, Pompeo's looked rough before. It wasn't age or the baby then. She was ridiculously thin at one point and it showed badly on her face. When she filled out a touch, she was stunning. Maybe she's getting too thin again? Either way, she needs better lighting. :lol:

18. pixie cut

And better material, but that's too too much to ask apparently.

19. Latte

Latte Well-Known Member

Yeah, but IMO Ellen has never been very pretty and has always looked too old for the part.
    Actually, I thought she looked better last night than she usually does. I think the extra fullness in her face did it.

20. smurfy

smurfy Well-Known Member

And it is not on next week. No new episodes are in my DVR (2weeks out).
    With Olys???

21. pixie cut

I'm so over this season :confused:

22. mkats

mkats New Member

ugh - Grey's and Desperate Housewives can't both be going downhill at the same time! What am I going to watch now :drama: I watched the newest Grey's episode last night while I was cooking, but that's all it's good for now - somewhat interesting background noise while I do other stuff; it's not interesting enough to hold my full attention anymore.

pixie cut and (deleted member) like this.
  23. nerdycool

nerdycool Well-Known Member

Here's a question I've been wanting to ask for quite a while, but haven't for some reason. If so many of you don't like what's going on anymore and are over the show, then why in the heck are you still watching it? Every new episode, I come into this thread and can be guaranteed of at least 2 people claiming that they're done with Grey's because it's gone so downhill. Yet the very next week, they're back again with the same claim.

So, if you really are done with it, prove it. Quit watching. I'm sure there are other things can can occupy that one hour.

smurfy and (deleted member) like this.
  24. pixie cut

Haven't you noticed that's kind of a common issue among people who post on FSU? ;)

25. Latte

Latte Well-Known Member

Well, I still love it.
    KH looked extra beatiful this week. The time off must have done her a lot of good.
    Or it could be happiness with the baby.

26. pixie cut

I don't love it like I used to, but I will continue to watch at least for now. :watch:

27. Andora

Andora Well-Known Member

Thank you for the lecture. :p

I don't know that I said I hated it. I'm not as into the show when they make it all about Meh and Derek, but the other characters are always the bomb and carry the show then. These days it's not as great, and if it goes back to that then I'll drop it. In the meantime, maybe you could find something else to be so condescending about.

28. kimkom

kimkom Two Pot Screamer

I miss George... :(

29. ArtisticFan

ArtisticFan Well-Known Member

I will say that I have enjoyed this season more than the past two. It would be hard for them to recreate the great chemistry and stories of the first two seasons, but this has not been that bad.

There have even been a few plot twists that I didn't see coming. Usually I can spot the plot twists on Grey's a mile away. This time I'm either distracted and not paying attention or the writing has gotten better. I'll even say they have handled the temporary exits of Izzy and Mere pretty well. Getting fired and donating part of a liver is not standard fare. I would have expected car crash and coma for a few weeks ala a daytime soap. So I will give credit to Shonda, etc. that they did put some thought into how to handle the situation.

Also they could have inundated us with the new residents having storylines of their own. However, we haven't seen that. They do seem to be putting some care into integrating them into the stories of the original and more veteran cast members.

The one annoyance for me right now is Owen. The actor needs to quit bobbing his head and upper body in every scene. He looks like a meth addict needing a fix when he has a conversation 90% of the time.

30. Andora

Andora Well-Known Member

:shuffle: I'm almost afraid to admit how much I enjoyed this episode. I hope Derek falls on his arse, though. I'm not sure why.

:rofl: Cristina: "Please don't cry on my ass."