Grey's Anatomy 2012-13

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by BaileyCatts, Oct 6, 2012.

1. l'etoile

l'etoile New Member

2. Artemis@BC

Artemis@BC Well-Known Member

I'd predicted that a couple of weeks ago when they first started talking about buying the hospital ... but I was crying nonetheless.

Avery redeemed himself at the end. I thought the scene where he made one authoritative decision about the ORs was a little ridiculous -- not the decision, but the way everyone seemed to accept that as being a demonstration of leadership. Heck, I could have done that! But his "let's do things together" speech at the end, even without the renaming, made me a believer.

3. Andora

Andora Well-Known Member

Yesterday felt like such a throwaway, meh episode. Just me?

4. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

Nope. I just watched it a few hours ago and I can barely remember what happened.

5. mkats

mkats New Member

I'm a bit behind - just saw the 3/21 episode, which was basically one big advertisement for the Lodox machine. Just finished an exam yesterday so I can watch the most recent one today :)

And the company is certainly milking it for all it's worth :lol:

6. pixie cut

pixie cut Well-Known Member

Bumping up as we're in the final stretch of the season.

While I found Chandra Wilson's performance excellent, I find the Bailey storyline sort of stupid. Also, I know Pegasus was all about the money not the medicine, but it's highly doubtful they'd order inferior surgical gloves.

7. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

I know its just TV, not real blah blah. But is it possible that a surgeon could really infect people like that? They were basically saying that as she sweated, her sweat seeped through the inferior gloves, and because she has the virus, she then infected the patients, right?

8. pixie cut

It is absolutely possible that a doctor could infect a patient if there's a tear in the gloves. What I find implausible is that Pegasus would have ordered the defective gloves. While it's clear the corporation is being cast in a negative light as an entity that treated medicine as just a business, which is a sadly true trend today, because they were so business minded they would likely have picked a very good glove that never would have gotten them into trouble.

9. Andora

Andora Well-Known Member

Unless they picked the glove but in the period in which they would have pulled it upon finding out it was defective, Seattle Grace Mercy Death left their umbrella and thus didn't get the memo?

Medicine seems to be less a plot line than a setting on the show, so...

10. Artemis@BC

Artemis@BC Well-Known Member

That's what I thought. Entirely within character Pegasus would go with a cheaper brand that later turned out to be defective -- it wouldn't be a deliberate "let's put patients in jeopardy" strategy, just a regular cost-cutting measure that proves to be short-sighted. As so often they are.

It's also possible that the brand was recalled properly but none of the surgeons knew about it or took note of it -- particularly if they went back to their old pre-Pegasus brand like they went back to their pre-Pegasus surgical procedures. Which would also account for the delay in detecting the problem, since the defective gloves wouldn't be around any more and it would take the in-depth fine tooth comb CDC investigation to discover it.

11. Susan1

Susan1 Active Member

No replies after last night's show? Am I the only one who could not hear the dialogue because of the loud music? I thought something was wrong with my t.v., but the commercials were fine and changing channels too.

And on the glove thing, if she infected the patients through the gloves, how could she not have spread the infection to well people or anything she touched in the hospital with her bare hands? I guess I don't know enough about infectious diseases, huh?

12. Ageless

Ageless Member

I'm finding this whole Bailey storyline ridiculous. When they find out she is the source of the infection, she's still allowed to run around the hospital. Why wasn't she isolated or told to stay home? Then they find out the gloves were defective so it wasn't her fault the patients died. Apparently she has some type of infection, but was there ever any testing to find out what she does have? Now this last episode has her going completely off the deep end trying to figure out why she is 'dirty'. When this series started, Bailey was a rock and one of the better things going on this show. Not so much any more

13. Meredith

Meredith what a glorious day!

You were not alone, Susan. The volume of the music was extremely annoying.

14. *Jen*

*Jen* Well-Known Member

So is Alex going to beat the shit out of Peckwell? Is that who is lying in the bed in the promo with Alex saying to Derek "You've got to help him"? It's hard to tell with the tubes. Or is that Bailey's hubby for a bit of drama?

:swoon: Hilary Burton made me fall in love with her a little, so I can't say I blame Arizona. Not sure where they're headed with that plot though.

Bailey...meh. I miss the Nazi.

Owen...meh. I miss the PTSD :shuffle:

15. pixie cut

She's directly interacting with a patient's blood stream when the patient is open on the table. It may not be as infectious skin to skin. Although how did she not infect her husband during sexual contact? The whole story is ridiculous.

16. *Jen*

*Jen* Well-Known Member

He lives in LA. There may not have been any :grope:

17. Veronika

Veronika gold dust woman

The music/dialogue sound mix was definitely off--but I usually watch this show with captions anyway. :p

18. l'etoile

l'etoile New Member

Did I see it wrong or was Bailey's Genome mapping turned out "negative" for whatever she was testing in every sample? So she is now cured for that virus but still feels "dirty"?:(

And, just let Ethan's father wake up already! That storyline has run its course:drama:

19. *Jen*

*Jen* Well-Known Member

Re Bailey: yes. Exactly.

And poor Ethan...his dad is never going to wake up, his grandmother can't look after him...Owen will have to adopt him. He'll get the kid he's always wanted and Cristina and Owen will have yet more romance drama :p

OR....the above will happen and then his dad will wake up in a year!

l'etoile and (deleted member) like this.
  20. HeatherC

HeatherC Go Team SW Florida! =)

That flash mob thing that April's boyfriend did to propose to her was hilariously awesome! :lol: :lol: :lol:

21. fenway2

fenway2 Well-Known Member

Could it be anymore obvious that April's fiancée is dying in the big storm season finale? Grey's has really declined in quality. :(

22. l'etoile

l'etoile New Member

NONONO:( They really like killing people. Just sick of it:(

NOT LIKING THE FLING OF ARIZONA's!!!!! Never liked that new doctor the first time, still don't like her. What are the writers thinking with that????

23. *Jen*

*Jen* Well-Known Member

I KNOW!!!! That's exactly what I thought when he proposed and also with something Matthew said to Jackson. Ugh.

I don't think we're supposed to like her :lol: Arizona hasn't been the same since the plane crash. Suddenly, someone who didn't see what she went through or the recovery is making her feel good again. Et voila! Prime affair material. I guess it happens in real life...we're just not used to much reality on Grey's :rolleyes:

24. fenway2

fenway2 Well-Known Member

Season finale tonight. Will April's dead meat fiancé die in the first half or will they "shock" us with his death in the last half? And how many people will Meredith scream at while she's in labor? I'll guess 4. :D This show jumped the shark 3 or 4 seasons ago but I still watch. :D

25. HeatherC

The Grey's season finales rarely disappoint (well, for me at least :D) so I'm really looking forward to tonight's episode. :cheer:

26. Andora

Andora Well-Known Member

When I think it can't be more depressing...

27. Jimena

Jimena Well-Known Member

I only caught the end. Did they really kill Richard?

28. HeatherC

I hope not! I was more upset over that scene than I was during the one with Arizona & Callie arguing and Owen & Cristina breaking up. :fragile:

I'm SO glad Baby McDreamy (Bailey!!!! :cheer: ) and the rest of the McDreamys are all fine though. :biggrinbo

29. l'etoile

l'etoile New Member

No disappointmet? Sure. Shock? Yes on EVERY TIME!

Tellmeaboutit:fragile:

30. Susan1

Susan1 Active Member

I said out loud when he found the first guy down there, you don't mess around with electricity when there is water all over. Dumb!!!