Grey's Anatomy 2012-13

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by BaileyCatts, Oct 6, 2012.

1. pixie cut

pixie cut Well-Known Member

So now Owen is going to grow a beard -- he already has a slight beard, but now it'll be a full beard -- and get drunk in the woods? Can't they come up with anything better for the character than repeating yet another storyline?

2. l'etoile

l'etoile New Member

Noooooooooooo not drunk:(

I loved this episode even more than any other episodes in two or three years:swoon: I love Katherine's spicy acting and it was so hilarious that GA is back to its full-of-sex-hospital drama again:lol:

3. Artemis@BC

Artemis@BC Well-Known Member

Actually, I interpreted it in a far more positive way. Going just by the expression on his face -- he looked pretty content.

I was very pleased that theydidn't throw Callie and Owen in bed together. They way that bar scene was going I thought for sure that would be what happens next.

Happy Meredith is still freakin' me out though.

4. Andora

Andora Well-Known Member

:cheer: Loving this season so far! I even like Owen this time around.

Could still really do without Kepner, but she was pretty hilarious talking to Karev.

5. Theatregirl1122

Theatregirl1122 Well-Known Member

I'm trying to decide if the writers have forgotten Preston Burke entirely. I mean Derek's story line is a pretty serious call back to Burke's which is sort of irritating. But the weirdest thing was that, realistically, wouldn't it have come up between Christina and Mer when they were talking about Derek?

6. Jimena

Jimena Well-Known Member

I'm really liking this season. I love April and Avery. And I'm thoroughly enjoying Christina in Minnesota. I love her relationship with the old surgeon. Christina can be a lot of fun but sometimes she's quite intolerable for me. So this is a great development. I don't know how long she'll be at Mayo, but this is the most I've enjoyed her character in years.

7. HeatherC

HeatherC Go Team SW Florida! =)

I am also really enjoying this season of GA especially Cristina's story in MN. Love her and the older doctor! They have such a great dynamic together and her and Meredith's phone calls are pretty hilarious at times too. I really feel like this year is more like the Grey's of old and I'm SO happy about that since the older episodes are such faves of mine. I hope they keep this up all season! :cheer:

8. HeatherC

Bumping up since there's a new episode tonight. Still love Cristina and Dr. Thomas and I think we may see Meredith break over Lexie's death tonight. :(

9. HeatherC

And now I'm crying... (((Cristina))) :wuzrobbed :fragile:

10. pixie cut

Although Dr. Thomas dying in the operating was kind of obvious, it was still quite the emotional impact.

This really was the Meredith and Cristina episode. Well done.

11. l'etoile

l'etoile New Member

Echoing effect in Mer and Christina scenes were bit of annoying, though:(

12. smurfy

smurfy Well-Known Member

I enjoyed the episode. I felt it moved the show a little forward and Christina is back - for good I hope!
    I do like competent Mer!
    And Zola is the cutest!!!!

13. *Jen*

*Jen* Well-Known Member

Seriously? :lol: I thought that there was something wrong with my earphones.

Predicted the whole Thomas thing, they needed something to happen to get Cristina on a plane. Very obvious ending for me, but glad their patients both survived.

14. Andora

Andora Well-Known Member

I liked Owen with Zola. Really adorable, and when Cristina came back it was fresh in my mind how much he loves kids.

Not looking forward to next week's episode. :( Like Callie hasn't had enough, now it's Derek's turn to freak out on her.

15. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

I'm so glad I don't read any of the show threads on the board until I get around to watching the show. Dr. Thomas dropping dead had me :wuzrobbed! I was figuring on him getting fired and Christina standing up for him and walking out on the Minnesota hospital to get her back to Seattle.

And am I the only one who thinks its a little odd that they just pass Zola around to strangers all night long and Meredith not knowing where she is? :shuffle: Oh yea. TV .. blah blah.

16. Veronika

Veronika gold dust woman

See, and I'm glad that I knew the Dr. Thomas was going to die...I prefer to be spoiled for stuff like that.

17. l'etoile

l'etoile New Member

Even spoiled, that scene was as much as shocking as it could be for me. I prepared myself all the way through this episode but it didnot do any cushion working. The writers have their own way of making things so much umexpected and shocking. That is one of many reasons why I can't stop watching this show.

18. rjblue

rjblue Re-registered User

I found it really hard to watch Meridith consistently choose her job over her poor little sick child. It was certainly child neglect.

The Christina part of the show was great though.

The weird echo in the sound was not noticable in my over-the-air signal viewing as it aired, and I was wondering what people were referring to here. And then I re-watched the show on my daughter's downloaded version, and it was loud and irritating. It must have been some effect of the way cable and satellite services compress the signals.

19. *Jen*

*Jen* Well-Known Member

No. Child neglect is leaving your child alone without any one caring for her. That wasn't the case here.

The whole point of the episode was Meredith coming to terms with Lexie's death. Her patient had the same injuries and Mer wanted to save her because she couldn't save Lexie.

It's TV, and it's not even great TV, so you sometimes have to look for the metaphors and stop focusing on the fictional child :lol:

20. ArtisticFan

ArtisticFan Well-Known Member

I agree. I appreciated that this episode showed an interconnection with the hospital staff that was based on something besides sex. Shonda usually beats us over the head with mommy or career woman stories, but this one seemed valid. The Meredith character does tend to compartmentalize. In this episode she did not. We saw evidence of her grief and feelings of guilt.

21. *Jen*

*Jen* Well-Known Member

Plus, if we focus on the child issue, she only left Zola with people she knew. She freaked when she was left with someone she didn't know. Besides, all hospital employees have to undergo strict background checks, and being babysat by a doctor when you're not feeling well is hardly neglect. It may not be the choice most women would make, but it's not like she left the kid at home alone for 24 hours.

22. Veronika

Veronika gold dust woman

Well said. :lol:

23. pixie cut

Other than it being an explosive plot -- a very forced plot -- why in the world would the plane crash survivors sue the hospital for sending them to Boise to do a transplant? They all went willingly. Clearly there was some malfunction that caused the crash.

24. ArtisticFan

ArtisticFan Well-Known Member

That was a bit fuzzy, but I guess one could look at the process. Did the hospital look for the best mode of transportation vs. the cheapest. Was there something different in the decision? Did the hospital ask that short cuts be taken to get them there? We've seen the doctors fly to various locations for transplants and special surgeries, but was there something different about this? Did they use a flight company that has a bad track record or older planes?

25. smurfy

smurfy Well-Known Member

I enjoyed the episode - good parts:
    Bailey - luv her helping Arizona and Callie's look on her face when she saw Arizona in the hospital!
    Callie and Der - they are great together. I like how Der has really nice relationships with others (Sloan RIP, Bailey, Chief)
    Alex - buying the house. to him is that the only real home he has ever had? And rooming with Christina - will be entertaining!
    At first I did not see Owen and Christina together, but they grew on me - but now please break them up permanently!
    Christina and Mer - love them both as teachers!
    Jackson and the Chief - hilarious
    Jackson and April - please get rid of April. jackson is reacting properly by walking away from her!
    Lawsuit - not liking how it is going.
    new interns - ok

26. Andora

Andora Well-Known Member

I like the new interns except for the Izzie rip-off they are trying to hard-sell us. I hope I warm up to her soon, though, because she's obviously here to stay. :p I'm too busy wishing April wasn't on the show anyways.

I'm not sure where they're going with this "hospital under the bus" business, but if it means Owen is no longer chief, well... I mean, maybe there will have to be staff cutbacks. ;)

27. Jimena

Jimena Well-Known Member

I guess I'm in the minority, but I love April and Jackson.

28. *Jen*

*Jen* Well-Known Member

I wish they'd killed April instead of Lexie :shuffle:

29. pixie cut

No one would have cared, so it wouldn't have been worth the effort. ;)

30. l'etoile

l'etoile New Member

I also love April and Jackson connection. She's kinda been warmed up to me starting this season, so I do understand the people getting annoyed by her still:p

All I want to say about this episode is that I FREAKIN' HATE THE LAWSUIT GOING OVER THE TOP. I don't need for GA to see ridiculous, far-fetched, absurd lawsuits. Ally McBeal and Drop Dead Diva did that for me, ENOUGH!