Gretchen Merrill Question

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Tarasirius, Nov 23, 2010.

1. Tarasirius

Tarasirius New Member

Hi!

Does anyone know why Gretchen Merrill died so early? In wikipedia I read: 1925-1965.
    That is not very much. I could'nt find something whether she was sick or what happened to her.
    She was a bronze medalist 1947 at world championships.

Thanks for your help!
    Regards
    Tara

2. dollgirl

dollgirl New Member

Gretchen's body was found on April 23, 1965 on her living room floor in her apartment. Police said she had been dead for as long as a week. She apparently died of natural causes. She was born on Nov. 2, 1925.

I'm currently writing a book on the history of women's figure skating so hopefully can help with related questions.

3. Tarasirius

Tarasirius New Member

Thanks a lot! I would be very interested in such a book! If you need to know anything on european skaters I would like to help if I can.

regards!!!

4. dollgirl

dollgirl New Member

Thank you. I really appreciate your offer of help. Will let you know, I find for me the late 60's and 60's are some of the hardest information to find.

5. dollgirl

dollgirl New Member

Must be tired meant to hit 70's. I really want to be able to represent all countries with information on National champions and others that as Dick Button always said "made a difference."