Green Day Singer Loses Airline Seat Due to Baggy Pants

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by PeterG, Sep 4, 2011.

How Do You Feel About How People Dress In Public?

1. Anything Goes, Baby!!!

25.4%
  2. When You're In Public, You Should Be Aware Of How Others Are Affected

55.9%
  3. Celebrities Deserve Different Rules Than Commoners

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No Clothes For Everyone! They Are Oppressive!!

18.6%
  1. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

"American Idiot" Singer Catches The Following Flight

For me personally, I think it's great that people have pride in their asses. I just do not want it in my face, thank you very much. And not only do I want to see ANY part of your behind, I do not want to see your undergarments, either. I am sure that are highly fashionable and your fashion sense is among the best in the world, but some things you can keep to yourself....

2. triple_toe

triple_toe Well-Known Member

Well I personally am just shocked that anything a member of Green Day does would end up as news.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2011
    uyeahu and (deleted member) like this.
  3. Jayar

Jayar Well-Known Member

First off, triple_toe: Green Day is relevant. Have you heard of the musical American Idiot? :p

Secondly, he did nothing wrong, and I am shocked that PeterG isn't upset about this. We should ALL be upset about this. Does this mean that my New Balance sneakers could cause me to lose my seat next time? Flight attendants have too much power. If I were the customer, I would not rest until the flight attendant were in the unemployment line. And yes, there would be a lawsuit if for no other reason, to get this air mattress fired.

4. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

Wouldnt he have been sitting down for the entire flight? How could his saggy pants offend anyone?

5. triple_toe

triple_toe Well-Known Member

:lol: There's an American Idiot musical? Well, I guess if Spider Man can be a musical...

In all seriousness though, this is a little ridiculous. At first I thought this would be about security getting in a snit because the baggy pants could possibly conceal weapons or something, but sitting down on the flight? If his ass/boxers were sticking out, how would anyone even know? He's in his seat! Unless his pants were so far down the *front* of his boxer shorts were in plain sight :slinkaway

6. Jenna

Jenna Well-Known Member

I don't have a problem with this. I think the "sagging" trend is disgusting and should be outlawed in public places.

7. KatieC

KatieC Going in circles

I find I'm always waiting to see them drop. I want to know if you trip over them. :yikes:

8. LilJen

LilJen Well-Known Member

LynnW and (deleted member) like this.
  9. LuckyCharm

LuckyCharm Well-Known Member

10. Allen

Allen Glad to be back!

Well, not all of us were blessed with enough booty to keep our pants from sagging ;)

Is there an specific regulation in Southwest policy about saggy pants? I haven't seen mention of that in any of the articles I've read on the subject. I was on a Southwest flight not that long ago with a girl with workout shorts on that were so short you could see the bottom part of her butt cheeks hanging out.

I don't know how saggy his pants were, but is that really enough to get you kicked off a plane? Maybe the real issue is that he argued about it, but I agree with Jayar that flight attendants have too much power nowadays.

11. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

My guess is that he was walking around for the hour or two before the flight with his backside showing and various people complained to staff, who had to deal with those complaints. Seems to me it's doubtful that he walked straight to the waiting area, sat in one seat until boarding time, when he quickly tried to walk to onto the plane. "If you've got it, flaunt it" is not always good advice...

I am shocked, but in a different way than you, it seems! :D

:lol:

I don't see how it's that big of a deal when some popstar is told to mind his ass...

Your footwear causes the majority of your behind to pop out of your clothing?? :p

NO!!!! MY EYES!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LynnW and (deleted member) like this.
  12. allezfred

allezfred Old and Immature Admin Staff Member

Well I think the jeans around your ankles look is terrible, but preventing someone boarding an aircraft because of it? Really?

13. Theatregirl1122

Theatregirl1122 Well-Known Member

Yeah, there's a big difference between "fashion trends I dislike" and "clothing that should get you removed from an air plane". The former is a long list. The later? Not so much. I seriously doubt that costumers were complaining that his pants were baggy unless they complain about half the teenage males in the country. And to be honest, who cares if you can see his underwear? Do they kick every girl off the plane whose thong hangs out when she bends over?

14. Lacey

Lacey Well-Known Member

I agree that the airline employees have better things to do with their time than to reprimand the way someone wears his pants, like, ahem, flight security.

15. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

IIRC Green Day has a clothing contract with Dior Homme, whose line most definitely does not include sagging-butt pants :lol: I guess Billie Joe was travelling on a day off....

16. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

You can't fly with saggy pant, but apparently it's Ok if you're wearing only women's underwear.

17. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

18. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

I actually know a few police officers who are glad some of the young kids wear baggy pants because they can't run very far when the police catch them stealing or doing whatever it is they get in trouble for. They either can't run or they trip and fall. :lol:

19. Allskate

Allskate Well-Known Member

I agree, but I don't think that Billie Joe Armstrong wears his pants around his ankles, which makes this even more ridiculous.

20. Norlite

Norlite Well-Known Member

I'm also wondering, doesn't she have more important things to worry about.

I'm also wondering, isn't Billie Joe getting a little old to be wearing his pants like this?

21. El Rey

El Rey Well-Known Member

I didn't see anywhere in the article where it said his pants were baggy. I'm assuming he was probably wearing saggy skinny jeans. This seems to be the new trend, which I think is even worse than baggy jeans. At least baggy jeans sag because you know, they're too big and you need a belt, but what's the saggy skinny jean all about?

I'm frankly more offended when people go on flights wearing what I consider to be pajamas.

22. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

Why? If it's a long 8+ hours flight then you should wear the most comfortable clothing possible.

23. shan

shan Well-Known Member

I can't even imagine what saggy skinny jeans look like. I'm thinking walking could be a problem. :lol:

24. Allskate

Allskate Well-Known Member

25. milanessa

milanessa engaged to dupa

If people don't dress the way I want them to dress they should be drawn and quartered!

26. skateboy

skateboy Well-Known Member

Unless his bare ass was hanging out for everyone to see, I don't really see a problem with it.

27. Andora

Andora Well-Known Member

Southwest flight attendants seem to be the current fashion police.

I'm not suggesting saggy jeans are something to be encouraged, but to be thrown off a flight for it? And to not think this is a problem?

28. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Pink Bitch

Um, no. And no Southwest flight is over three hours.

Exactly. ;)

29. Bev Johnston

Bev Johnston Well-Known Member

I think saggy pants look silly, but I don't give a flying fig if someone else wants to wear them.

I'm more offended by smelly people on flights who hog my arm rest.

30. mmscfdcsu

mmscfdcsu Skating Pairs with Drew

I'm more offended by the potty mouths in public. Everything is effing this and effing that. So tacky. :(