Greatest Ladies 3Lz

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by TheIronLady, Jul 4, 2013.

Who has performed the greatest triple lutz in competition?

1. Midori Ito

4.9%
  2. Tonya Harding

26.6%
  3. Nancy Kerrigan

0.5%
  4. Victoria Volchkova

6.0%
  5. Julia Sebestyen

7.6%
  6. Irina Slutskaya

8.7%
  7. Tanja Szewczenko

1.1%
  8. Yu Na Kim

32.1%
  9. Miki Ando

2.2%
  10. Gracie Gold

4.3%
  11. Agnes Zawadski

1.6%
  12. Other

4.3%
  1. EricRohmer

EricRohmer New Member

Last edited: Jul 5, 2013
  2. EricRohmer

EricRohmer New Member

l'etoile and (deleted member) like this.
  3. TheIronLady

TheIronLady New Member

4. rosewood

rosewood Well-Known Member

I proudly introduce you Mutsumi Takayama, as I assume most of you have never heard of her. ;) Her 3Lz was gem in the night of Japanese Nationals. Her 3Lz is as breathtaking as Midori's IMO and she's so much loved for it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHFn_oO6HcY#at=67

5. sk8ingcoach

sk8ingcoach Active Member

It really depends on what you prefer. The 2 that are the most :eek: in my opinion are yuna & midori

But if u like jumps that look effortless then the best would probably be midori, or agnes.

Or if you like lots of height it would be Slutskaya, Volchokova or Sebestyan

If u like great distance then tonya or Gracie might be your favourite.

All are very deserving of having the highest amount of votes. its just which one u prefer

6. falling_dance

falling_dance D. Murakami's Newest Fan

:encore:

7. Fridge_Break

Fridge_Break Well-Known Member

Tatiana Malinina!

8. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

Kim, no question.

9. Fudove

Fudove Member

Maybe it is just me and I have met my Gracie overload. But I think it is premature to include Gold on this list of proven veterans with only one fair GP season under her belt. It even made me nervous to see Agnes on the list with Ando, Ito, Kim etc,
    Too much too soon. I think she has great ability and is a very pretty girl but I think she is given credit in advance of what we think she can do instead of what she has actually accomplished thus far.

10. Triple Butz

Triple Butz Well-Known Member

11. Keftiu

Keftiu New Member

Yuna Kim.

Whenever I see her 3 lutz with quite too huge and definite out-edge, I feel pain in "my" ankle.

TheIronLady and (deleted member) like this.
  12. RFOS

RFOS Well-Known Member

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  13. DarrellH

DarrellH New Member

Nancy

14. mtnskater

mtnskater Well-Known Member

I can't believe there are not more votes for Gracie Gold. Her technique is near perfect. The height and distance stunning. She is the only woman I have seen who can do a Rippon lutz.....and she makes it look so easy. I just watched her knock off one of the most gorgeous triple lutz jumps, in spotlight no less, at a local skating show this summer. Incredibly impressive.

Also Sebeystyen and Kerrigan had amazing true lutzes.

15. AndyWarhol

AndyWarhol Well-Known Member

Yuna Kim

16. Jammers

Jammers Well-Known Member

I think partly why Gracie doesn't have more votes is that she's early in her career. If and when she gets more consistent with her jumps
    she will get more attention.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2013
  17. BmcC102

BmcC102 Active Member

Tonya's lutz in her LP from 94 Olympics (from the reskate) was HUGE and awesome. I always thought it was a nice way to silence her critics!

I love Gracie's, Malinina's, and also Courtney Hicks's too- the one she did in her Nationals Exhibition this year was AMAZING!

18. bardtoob

bardtoob Well-Known Member

Yeah, I don't vote for skaters I've only seen for one season although her 3Lz is remarkable ...

... Dare I say that her entry edge into the 3Lz-3T is less flat than those of others currently being performed.

19. judgejudy27

judgejudy27 Well-Known Member

I need to see Gold go through atleast one season where she isnt bombing half the time before I would ever vote her for best any jump. Yes she has great jumps when she is on though. Even Volchkova delivered more cleanish performances than people remember, but she was so slow and bland between her huge jumps and Russian #3 almost her whole career, it still wasnt enough to place.

20. rosewood

Gracie's 3Lz was the best of all in the night of ladies FS of the Worlds.:swoon:

21. karlon

karlon New Member

Well usually when she landed 3lz successfully, her 3lz is very good and receive so high GOE. but at that night, her two triple lutz were not good than her usual 3lz, though still better than some top skaters. So she received only +0.5 GOE on both first 3Lz-3t, and second 3Lz in FS while her all other success jumps received more than 1.0 GOE

22. ks777

ks777 Well-Known Member

Ye Bin Mok.

23. rosewood

Right, thank you, Karlon. I was in the bed watchng the video last night and I guess I was too sleepy;) Only I could remember was nice hight of her 3Lz. But as you wrote the second single 3Lz was not successful. The first 3Lz in the cascade was still good although unfortunately the landing of 3T was not successful and got lower marks than usual. Anyway I luuuuv her remarkable 3Lz :encore:

24. PairSk8Fan

PairSk8Fan Banned Member

1. Harding.
    2. Kim YuNa
    3. Midori Ito
    4. Volchkova

Ito had that wrapped leg and often jumped close to the boards. Volchkova had a great lutz with the occasionally slow gymnastic landing. Kim YuNa's lutz is not as big as Harding's, relatively. Harding, at 5'1", jumped a lutz that was at least twice her size, if not more. Kim YuNa does not, thus harding has the bigger lutz.

25. amaro

amaro Active Member

Harding's preparation for her 3lz is too long. I prefer YNK's 3 lutz over Harding's for that reason. Harding wasn't known for her jump consistency either, while NYK has perhaps the most consistent and reliable 3lutz in the history of ladies skating.

26. bardtoob

Harding's long edge entry was preferred by judges before the IJS because the position of the skate and quality of the tracing could be seen, and Harding was only inconsistent on the 3A. Every other triple was more reliable for Harding when she was 10Lb overweight than for most skaters when at peak condition. You can find footage of at least one good 3Lz from Tonya from every season from 1985 to 1994.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2013
  27. PairSk8Fan

PairSk8Fan Banned Member

ABSOLUTELY.

Also notice that even when she was 20-25 pounds overweight (Skate Canada 1992), she still had a HUGE 3 salcow and huge 3 loop. I always wondered if she was pregnant at that time, but then several weeks later at the Pro-Am, she had lost 10 pounds and was jumping much better (if she was pregnant, she was no longer pregnant by the Pro-Am).

Say whatever about Tonya, she was and is still the greatest Ladies jumper in American FS history. STILL THE GREATEST after what? 19 years........

Last edited: Jul 10, 2013
  28. Macassar88

Macassar88 Well-Known Member

Sarah Hughes :rofl:

29. bardtoob

These rumors were similar to Slutskaya's pregnancy rumors. Harding had to occasionally go on Prednisone, like Irina, but for her asthma. The water retention/bloating can look like pregnancy.

30. butyrskafanatic

butyrskafanatic Member

Why is anyone picking Volchchkova. She jumped up really high but then came down on one spot and her jump didnt go anywhere, no flow. Had she had such great jumps she would have won medals at Worlds even if she had nothing else. Slutskaya had nothing in her skating but jumps and she look at all she achieved, so Vicktoria's jumps must not have been that good or she would have done more.