Grand Prix Assignments - 2013/14 Olympic Season

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Sylvia, Jun 3, 2013.

1. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!

And isn't that what some fans often gripe about when their favorites don't do well on the GP? ;)

2. Dave of the North

Dave of the North Well-Known Member

Cheer up, Patrick has been quite successful.

Erin and (deleted member) like this.
  3. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I

So, to date:

Men:
    • SC was the only one with a full field. The field was the same as in the initial selection.
    • SA and TEB had 8, and CoC, NHK, and (at least at this time) RC have 9.

Ladies:
    • SA and CoC had full fields. SA added Cesario as the TBA, and the Chinese Fed made three replacements, Imai for Helgesson, who withdrew at the 20-day mark, and host pick Geng for the TBA and then Guo for Geng and Gosviani for Korobeynikova at the 10-day mark.
    • SC, NHK, TEB, and (to date) RC had/have 9.

Pairs and Dance:
    • All events with 8, Pairs with five substitutions and five TBA replacements, and Dance with five TBA replacements.

4. figureit

figureit Member

Paid for it in Aug and still can't access kiss and cry since then:( The only reason I pay for FSU is to access this... and so hopefully they will fix this asap! I am hearing others are having the same issues. Does anyone know why??

5. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!

You should get a response to your post in the Board Business forum - be patient. :)

6. figureit

figureit Member

Thanks unfortunately all the competitions going on right now it is how I keep informed and why I paid for it...makes patience a virtue when this is not an issue and it did not cost hard earned money but guess have no choice Thanks but such a bummer given that oh well and as I said it seems others are going through this too just disappointing.

7. misskarne

misskarne #408

Rostelecom Cup field now down to eight, Joshua Farris sprained his ankle in practice on Thursday morning. :(

8. Eladola

Eladola Active Member

I knew Fernandez for the GPF was a long shot, Cause he needed to win with a great score and have Kovtun 4th or below,
    And Machida 5th or below, But with all these withdrawls of capable skaters it's gone fo sho:(

9. Jeschke

Jeschke Well-Known Member

oh no, i was so looking forward to see him.:wuzrobbed

10. rosewood

rosewood Well-Known Member

Daisuke Takahashi withdrew from Grand Prix final for the reason of the bone contusion of his right tibia. He needs to take a rest and medical treatments for two weeks to recover from the injury. Nobunari Oda takes the spot.
    http://skatingjapan.or.jp/image_data/EVENT/2099_2.pdf

noooo :(

11. Braulio

Braulio Well-Known Member

Daisuke :(

12. rosewood

rosewood Well-Known Member

Yomiuri article:
    my rough translation from Japanese

Daisuke: Now I'm keeping off ice and taking a rest. I take my situation without keeping my eyes off. I try my best to do what I can do now.

13. Jeschke

Jeschke Well-Known Member

sad for daisuke but maybe best choice for him.

great chance for oda to fight for best spot of a japanese on the podium an bring him in a better position for the japanese sochi qualification

14. lauravvv

lauravvv Well-Known Member

:(. I really hoped for a good GP final competition for him. Now I hope that he will be all right and able to skate as soon as possible. Good for Oda, though.