Grand Prix 2011 on Eurosport!

Discussion in 'TV ALERTS' started by Ninchen, Oct 5, 2011.

1. skatefan

skatefan Well-Known Member

I love Nicky and Chris commentating together - mistakes and all they are my favourites, I enjoy the banter and input from them both, the fact they rarely talk over programmes and that they do seem to get along well. I didn't enjoy listening to the new guy, I thought he was really bland and that he talked too much during the performances. Sorry, Ant :lol: (If it's his first time broadcasting, hopefully he will improve)
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2011
  2. nuge

nuge Well-Known Member

I used to love Simon and Chris commentating together but lately Simon is just not the same :(
    Nicky I like more now especially for the dance but once he get's his teeth into a team he likes for eg C/L he does go on and on about them .
    Especially their Love Story FD .Yes we know you liked that Nicky :shuffle:He really made me laugh when a few years back he called B/A Tanith and Belbin :rofl:
    His early years in the ES studio with his long locks and with Joanne Conway were good :)
    I think that we all just get used to a certain commentator and it's hard to listen to a new person .People don't like change.
  3. skatefan

True enough - unless the change is an improvement :p Nicky, Simon and Chris in any combination makes me :D

TEB Grand Prix starts live on Eurosport in an hour :cheer2:
  4. nuge

nuge Well-Known Member

Are they going to be showing the SD or not ? They have compulsory dance tomorrow :shuffle:
  5. mella

mella is lutz crazy!!!

That made me chuckle too!
  6. nuge

nuge Well-Known Member

Must say I liked David Clement/Clemence ? more yesterday than I first did but.... he must have said beautiful a hundred times :rolleyes:

BF edges BF skating BF spins BF BF BF :rofl:
  7. robinhood

robinhood Active Member

I am beautiful, it's so beautiful...biutiful!! hehe
    anyway, it was great I didn't have to bare Simon Reed. Thanks Eurosport!!
  8. SLIVER

SLIVER New Member

Beautiful and eXCellent...with an extra emphasis on the x...He's so dull, zero constructive criticism!
  9. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Well-Known Member

I wondered who that new guy was. I heard him on the SDs for TEB. I didn't think he was too bad. Made some interesting comments about Scott's role in leading the woman in the SD.
  10. antmanb

antmanb Well-Known Member

I put this in secret sources, but does anyone else in the UK have sky plus? When i press the info button on the pairs SP it keeps telling me it's the "short pairs programme" and I :rofl: Haven't checked if they continued the error at TEB.
  11. skatefan

I noticed that :lol: but they have changed it finally :)
    Currently showing men's free, then ladies' free and free dance - although they have dumped the first group of men and started with Adam Rippon.
  12. nuge

nuge Well-Known Member

A new discipline in men's figure skating !

Eurosport Mens Dance Friday at 15.00 HRS :lol:
  13. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Well-Known Member

Inspired by Blades of Glory of course! :lol:
  14. antmanb

I finally got round to watching the rest of NHK and oh goodness Nicky on his own is the most pointless commentator ever. As others have pointed out all he has is the planned content sheet in front of him and if anyone does anything differently he cannot tell you what happened. He couldn't even tell that Takahashi did a 3F/3T in the short and not a 4T. In real time he admitted that he missed what it was. On the replay he settled on the fact it was a triple, but couldn't identify the jump.
  15. nuge

nuge Well-Known Member

Are these commentators actually at the event or are they just in a studio ?
  16. antmanb

That I don't know. I notice that sometimes Chris Howarth confirms the levels and downgrades when the scores come up. I presume when he does this that they're at the event and have access to the protocols immediately. When he stays silent on that information when the scores come up I assume they're not at the event.
  17. SLIVER

SLIVER New Member

I don't think they are ever at GP events, maybe only in Paris, as the Eurosport studios are in France. When they read the protocols, the event is usually not live and they are simply reading it from the ISU site.
  18. floskate

floskate Vacant

I'm sick to the back teeth of Simon Reed with his Kostnerhate and endless ranting when the result doesn't go the way HE thinks it should have. He would not STFU over Nan Song at CoC. Also I'm not buying that he was so much better in his ITV days. I uploaded Jill Trenary's LP from 1986 St Ivel to youtube the other day and he actually thought her 1foot axel -3sal combo was a botched axel cleverly covered up with the triple. Yeah right..:blah:

Nicky's continual butchering of names is outrageous. The whole Maya, Mayo Asudo business at NHK was beyond the pale. Anyone would think she was just out of juniors and no one had ever heard of Mao Asada! Speaking of fresh out of juniors, Nicky seems to be a big fan of Elevator Tuktamisheva. :rolleyes: As others have said, his total lack of knowledge of elements is an embarrassment.

David Clements was very banal on TEB. The man is a former competitive skater (represented GB at the 1960 Olympics) and coach who upon viewing the slo-mo of Murakami's flutz in the LP, declared it to be a true lutz. :confused:

Chris is by far the best. Very aware and can point out immediately why a jump goes wrong and explains CoP very well. He manages to keep Nicky in check most of the time and they do have some good banter but he hasn't a chance against Simon who will just prattle on regardless.
  19. Zemgirl

Zemgirl Well-Known Member

The "Maia Asada" thing is beyond annoying. How can you possibly butcher such a simple name?

ITA with the rest of it, too. They could team Chris with any random skating fan and it would likely be as good as the current situation if not better. Surely any number of FSUers would be up to the task? ;)
  20. allezfred

allezfred Prick Admin Staff Member

The infuriating thing about Mayo Asudo was that he was saying Akiko Suzuki perfectly well. :rolleyes:
  21. FarFarAway

FarFarAway Choice is an illusion

If only you heard Russian commentators pronouncing the names of the skaters.... Russian skaters included:scream:
  22. senorita

senorita New Member

Nicky actually called Elisaveta elevator?:eek:
    I kept listening them calling her Elibeta, Eliveta, wanted to send them a message to call her Liza if it is so difficult.
  23. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Chris is indeed the best but it only show how absolutely useless the rest of them are.

Because for Chris everything is always great and wonderful and very good and he fails to notice quite obvious mistakes a lot of the time.
  24. allezfred

Eurosport showing Ladies FS from start again. Please tell me they will go live to Men. :rolleyes:
  25. C_T_T_

C_T_T_ Well-Known Member

I fear not as my TV guide has just changed to say they will continue with the Ladies repeat on Eurosport 2 and in half an hour will go live on eurosport 1.
  26. allezfred

:mad: :rolleyes:
  27. allezfred

Surely the right thing to do would be go to skating live on Eurosport 2 and show recorded Ladiezzz on Eurosport 1. :rolleyes:
  28. mella

mella is lutz crazy!!!

I've only just got in but looks like I've had mens live on ES1 for the last 30mins... Well 23mins to be precise.
  29. allezfred

GPF schedule for the Friday looks less than impressive. Only event being shown is Short Dance.
  30. MikiAndoFan#1

MikiAndoFan#1 Well-Known Member

:wall: :revenge:
  31. skatefan

So, we watch weekend after weekend building up to the final - and it is certainly being hyped and promoted as a series of events leading up to the final - only for Eurosport to do what they did a couple of years back and not bother to show it? :rolleyes:

I hope they change their minds.
  32. FarFarAway

Hope is all the we have left actually.
    Russian Eurosport announced that they will be showing CoR live on Eurosport 2 and Eurosport 1 + full coverage on Eurosport HD.

As a matter of fact almost nothing of the announced competitions was shown. HD showed only Men FS, Eurosport 1 showed nothing and I heard there were problems with Eurosport 2.

The reason is simple - Cross Country and Downhill. This is the sport for which Eurosport holding was created, obviously. Well, besides snooker and football.
  33. allezfred

Just checked British Eurosport schedule. Nothing live on the Saturday and it seems they've decided not to show the ladies short at all. :rolleyes:
  34. alilou

alilou Crazy Stalker Lady

Starting at 3pm CET today - 2 hour highlights show of COR on Eurosport.
  35. skating is fun

skating is fun Member

---and in Germany they were showing two handball matches live instead of the highlights :-(
  36. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

Is there some reason, other than ignorance, for mispronouncing her name?
  37. allezfred

So we get the gala live and they'll show the free dance taped right after it. :rolleyes:
  38. FarFarAway

Just in case someone may need the info: Russian Eurosport 2 will show SrDance Short live, all the other events will be shown taped and yes, the SrDance Free will be right after Gala (gala being live). SrLadies SP will not be shown at all.
  39. shah

shah Well-Known Member

I've just checked that pathetic schedule for GPF. nothing live (except for Gala), taped events shown at random hours, only Eurosport 2...
    oh, well, thank you, Eurosport :rolleyes:
  40. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

I won't even bother with them anymore. Thank god there's FSVids because otherwise we'd be so screwed.

Of course it would be nice to be able to watch live. :(

Oh and guess what, Eurosport Player didn't work at all AGAIN during the second day of CoR (some server issues).

That was money well spent. :rolleyes: