Grammy Reporter May Have Had Stroke On Air

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by missflick, Feb 14, 2011.

1. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

You really would have no choice because you have to be sure it isn't a stroke or the signs of a major stroke about to occur.

2. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

I understand that migraine sufferers are at a higher risk of CVA or stroke.

3. deltask8er

deltask8er Well-Known Member

Here's a conspiracy theory :sekret: :huh:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-causing-TV-presenters-brains-melt-down.html

4. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

I thought they said Judge Judy was taken for stomach reasons. Maybe it was just an excuse at the time...

5. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Well-Known Member

I read an article a couple of weeks ago where it mentioned that the reporter suffered a migraine. The person who wrote the article suffered them herself and would do the same thing as the reporter before the onset of a migraine.

I didn't realise migraines could be so bad. I know that people get really severe diabilitatin headaches but never knew that they could get symptoms like that.

numbers123 and (deleted member) like this.
  6. Glide2

Glide2 Member

I was treated for migraines when I was a college student. Years later, on the day I had my CVA, I didn't even have a tiny headache. For me, both were preceeded by really hot weather which significantly increased my blood pressure. My speech wasn't impaired at all. I did have a TIA before the stroke but didn't know what it was. The side of my mouth was slightly pulled. I only realized it when it went back to normal.

On the incident with Judge Judy, I heard one report that she was feeling faint on set. She blamed the problem on fatigue and said she would be back filming in two weeks.

7. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

Ah. Yes, of course, :sekret: the US military is to blame for everything, and we all know that the Grammys and a daytime showbiz courtroom are two of the infamous hotbed testing grounds for military maneuvers. ;)

I get migraines about once a month, but I also am occasionally stricken with brief gibberish episodes either before said migraines or standalone. Usually it's just an wrecked sentence, but sometimes longer ... but yes I sound exactly like the reporters in those two clips. My audience is usually one or two people ... and if needed I just stop talking for a few seconds (I'm generally not in the middle of report on nat'l/int'l television).

While the overlying vascular situation has me aptly more worried about future propensity for stroking than I would be (silver lining: I live an even healthier lifestyle than I otherwise might have), I know exactly why what happens happens. And I know what's not to blame. :lol: The US military has not been testing its brainwave mixing-up technology on my everyday life for the past 25 years.

8. milanessa

milanessa engaged to dupa

Wasn't the original article published on April 1st? Just saying.